Is it slutty to wear crop tops with high waisted shorts?

is it slutty to wear crop tops with high waisted shorts?
If someone wore an outfit like this (with tights or without) would you consider them to look slutty?

I dress like this and although my friends have never had anything bad to say, my mom and sister endlessly comment on how slutty I look. Although I personally like it and like to celebrate my fit physique, I'd really hate to give off the impression that I'm easy or a whore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, unless half your ass is hanging out, and half your boobs are hanging out too. The way that girl is dressing isn't slutty.

• so would you date a girl if she dressed like that?

• Like I described? No.
      Like the one in the pic? Yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• The sneakers give it a more "chill look'.

However, the look can be slutty depending to where you are going. Keep this outfit only for 'festivals', 'beach parties' and outdoor activities that are fun like/party... Otherwise it can be inappropriate.

Shorts and crop tops are very exposing and tight... so although they are socially accepted among the youthful females, it is not still among most of society... So just beware of where you're going when wearing them.. and always wear sneakers (no slippers, then yes it looks trashy!)

I like this look in "summer" when it is extremely hot... but if it is worn everyday, it is not appropriate. So know when and for how long to wear it. THen you should be fine ;-) Anything in moderation is oke.

• eeeech :( I dress like this maybe twice a week, usually with black tights and combat boots.

• then yes, maybe then it is a little bit too much and 'too sexy'... And ofc the way you dress attracts certain types of people.

• It says something about you, sends a message. So being aware of what you're wearing is being aware and knowledgeable on what message you want and are trying to bring to the world about yourself :) Good luck!

What Guys Said 10

• No such things as slutty clothes really, it's how you wear them which gives off the impression.

In you're example she's covered up in the right places and (more importantly) her shorts are fitted to her legs so you cannot see up them.

• No, if it's done with class, and your tits are hanging out obviously.
    But seriously, such a fucking hot outfit omg

• Eh, I do think the shorts are a little too short but the top is fine. But if the girl is hot you're willing to overlook things you wouldn't overlook in a less attractive girl :p

• well, if you have a boyfriend and he's with you, no it's not. But if you're by yourself, yeah it kinda is.

• I don't think it is

• No, but high waisted shorts look stupid in my opinion.

• Yeah it would look very slutty... if we were still living in the 17th century.

• No it doesn't look slutty but conversely she is so sexy...

• ye very slutty

• Very few people can pull that off, ever seen People of Wal-Mart?

• No I've never seen that but I think I can guess what that is lol. I mean I workout 6 days a week and I'm very toned with abs so I think I'd go under the "pulling it off" category. I also have small boobs so nothing is popping out

• Murica 😂😂😂

• @Rainie_ those toe nails continue to haunt my dreams

What Girls Said 23

• Those are not high waist shorts lol. Anyways, I don't find it slutty unless I can see your actual butt cheek lines lol.

I wear that kind of stuff too very very often. My dad absolutely hates it when I wear shorts or crops, saying I'll get lots of bad attention and that I will come home crying cause a guy was given the wrong idea or some shit. 🙄😑 But honestly idgaf, I ignore any bad attention I get. Dress however you wanna. Some will see it as slutty most will not. If you carry yourself with confidence you'll always look good tbh. Majority of people around my age dress like that anyway.

• I think slutty is about behaviour, not appearance.

• Honestly it depends on where you're wearing it. According to my peers I am a "prude" so there may be a biased opinion from myself.
    I wouldn't advise wearing such an outfit to school or your place of work as that is typically a more professional area. If you're going to the mall or perhaps to the park that selected attire would be acceptable but you may get some inappropriate attention.
    Of course there will always be haters, perverts and dirtbags but if you feel comfortable wearing such attire then it is certainly acceptable. Just make sure you know what impression you're making and that you're comfortable with it.

• No. Plenty of girls wear that, especially in summer.

• I wear it all the time though, is that bad?

• Well, don't go into work like that, but otherwise I don't see why it would be except it's nice to switch things up in your style. It's your call though.

• I don't think it's slutty! Own it girl. My mom and sister are just like that. I wore a low cut dress to my semi-formal last fall and felt gorgeous and I showed the picture to my mom and she lectured me twice about how I was giving off the wrong vibe to guys and I looked sleazy. Meanwhile I went with my boyfriend at the time... I hate when people describe clothes as slutty. It's not wrong to want to show off the body you were hard for. Clothes being revealing shouldn't say anything negative about who you are.

• I thought high Waiated goes to your waist. I think below your belly button is still your hips. Anyhow she looks fine. I'm lake so I don't dress that way but it's fine.

• Dont listen to anyones negative opinions on how you dress. I get comments like that too but when its 80 degrees Im not wearing pants and most people who have something to say are normally jealous.

• No clothes a girl wear make her slutty. Especially not the girl in the pic, her clothes actually fit.

• I don't know if it's slutty or not, but I don't think it's a very attractive look. Crop tops are a bit trailer trashy in my opinion.

• No, I think it looks cute. I would probably wear something like that too. Except without my tits and ass hanging out and the belly covered. But yea I'd wear that.

• I think its fine. Its not showing too much skin.

• I dress like that for school on a regular basis lol. I think it's fine as long as you're not having your boobs pop out of the top or your butt showing in the back

• Don't see anything wrong with it

• Fuck it, you wear what you like.

• No problem with that outfit.

• No. Not even close...

• I love crop tops with skirts!!!

• Nothing is slutty. I love when my girlfriend wears something like that

• Not very lol

• No I wear outfits like that all the time SIGH

• I wear that often mostly in the summer time

• You do you. I don't think it is. Who cares if it is.

• You know the way you dress means a lot right?

• Then you fail to realize that the way someone looks represent who the person is. Why do you think you have to dress nicely when you go to a job interview? If the way I dress doesn't matter too much, why do I have to wear a suit?
      As a brother of a master's graduate in psychology, and now working in HR, you'd be surprised how much the way someone dresses means.

• @AleDeEurope You are so right mate... that's exactly what the whole image saga leads to...

• Lol that's my summer look