Do you find it hard to find sizes (apparel) that fit you well, and wished they made sizes for inbetweeners?

Sometimes you feel like a size 12 is way to big and a size 10 is way to small so you'd hope they have something like a size 11? LOL

Even like a size 6 is way to small and a size 8 is way to big you'd prefer a size 7.

Maybe they have that sort of sizing chart at some shops (that I'm not aware of) but I've only bumped into one place that does have sizes that are for inbetweeners..

Does anyone else feel the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have problems with shirts. Your standard shirt is too short. Big and tall shirts are way too long. The struggle is real.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it's rough. I have a really hard time finding jeans that fit me well. I used to love American Eagle's jeans, but I found that they were either too tight in the waist or too loose on my butt if I sized up. I discovered Hollister jeans about 2 years ago and I've never looked back lol. Not looking forward to the day that I'm too old to shop there and have to find somewhere else with jeans that fit a small butt!

What Guys Said 10

• Not too much, although I did have certain sizes that I wound have preferred, but not such a big deal, but people I care about have this exact issue! Can not custom clothing be made, regardless of price? I'm just curious? I assume yes, but, no?

• I do have several custom made dresses for work purposes haha but those were for special occasions and they needed to be custom made. But yes most of the time they can get tailored here and there which I don't mind but it would be nice to not have to go to that point 😞 Time consuming lol

• Seems like a good business idea... Someone that can do so on-the-fly with whatever you like! I'm sure someone will be smart enough to pounce on it! haha! So I am not worried, but it's a really good idea! No additional charge, but custom made stylish clothing! Would you not pay a premium for such a service/store?

Yeah, I know someone that has TOO spectacular of a body, and clothes are made for the norm! So I think it is a very kewl idea! People have enough to worry about, why should clothing be another factor! Seems kinda dumb! Right?

• I have a go to Greek lady haha she has her own "bridal store" haha yes a bridal store not hinting anything to Le boyfriend baha but she's such a bible lady and I've gone to her for 5 years now? I got my custom made dress done last year from her for the horse races and I was going to be in the fashion show plus interviewed for 5 minutes. I love her! She's like up to my chest and she's so cute..

I love clothes though.. So if I can get a custom made dress made for a reason I'm hella doing it XP

• I've had some trouble in the past either with trousers were the length was right but they were too wide, or the opposite :o
    Same for a sweater: the sleeve length is fine but you body swims in there :-(
    However, generally I'm not a different guy in terms of sizes. Lucky me :D

• Yessss. They're never right. I need that extra 1/2 added on to the size. Or sometimes my size is sold out and there's nothing left but all these XL clothes

• Yeah... For example there are only Jeans that fit my waist and are too long or are too short but don't fit my waist xD so annoying to find Pants that fit well.

• There is something called petite which is basically half a size smaller throughout the numbers, it essentially means fitted, so a petite 8 will fit really snug on a normal 8 and fit nicely on someone who is a 7.

It's like mens regular, tailored and skinny.

• Lol if I wore a petite size 8 tshirt it'll make me look like I'm wearing a crop top

• Ahh ok, that can be annoying. If they're just cheap t-shirts for casual wear maybe try japanese clothes shipped in? Asian domestic clothing will run smaller than western brands. Or like archiz does try the kiddies section.

• Haha yeah I buy some things from an Asian website called rose wholesale and they have some awesome stuff!

Some of the kids section don't have nice clothes lol

• Yeah because I take size 13 or 14 all the NBA guys be buying em all. One day I was at the show store I was the only white person looking for that size all else were like 6"5 and black lol

• only my shoes apparently Adidas doesn't make 12.5 shoe size or at-least the kind i buy smh

• Adidas, not ideal! I would write the company myself! You'd be surprised how much free S is given away! (can help but think of the Beastie Boys song! sorry!)

• Well if you mean it, then great... you can always be straight-shooting with me... like..."Naaaa, I really don't care about that!" And I'd feel like at least he is being honest! but perhaps you are, so I mean nothing derogatory by it! I assure you...

• i don't lie if you ask me something i will tell you the truth

• L fit me perfectly

• Dude you're lucky as. At least it fits you perfectly.

• Hell yea, They are like made for me. I just gotta put em on and they fit af, XL is little baggy from waist but some brands xl still fit. Its like they have my mannequin baha

• Definitely, because I am short and also lift, I have a really hard time finding dress shirts where I can button up the top button and also not look like I have a parachute behind m back.

• Lol at parachute behind your back! Yeah that must suck man 😭

• lols.. must be that "V" shape huh?

• Yep, it's funny cause society says that V shaped torsos are attractive, yet they don't make dress shirts (in my opinion the nicest shirts) for them without making you look like you're just trying too hard to show the muscles off, lol.

• I don't know if you are talking about dicks or not anymore.

• *epic facepalm*

"apparel" dude

• *epic facepalm* - now that is epic in of itself! LOL! haaaahahaaahhaha!

And I wear shoes until, ironically, their "soul"/sole desperately desires to be separated from the rest of them... like vans! haha! But it's just disrespectful to do the same with a nice pair of Docs! (IMHO)

• I'm all about the BS $3 clothing! Or I silkscreen my own stuff!

so I feel ya @ZenithDawn!

What Girls Said 15

• If I Buy a size 4 it fits ok. I can fit in a six but size 2 is really tight. I am short so sometimes the pants drag. I have seen some Pinterest hacks but not tried them yet. That might help.

• Yas, the lenght of 35 with the width of 34 (EU sizes), that would be ideal. 😭
    They have that in the kid's size 36, but kid's shoes are ugly. 😭

• I don t know about those sizes lol.
    but yea I don t always find things at my size. I always take the extra small stuff and some are long too.
    so I also go to the kids section xD
    I swear I find more stuff there hahaha
    and it s cheaper :p

• lmaoo same, i have tons of nice cotton tshirts i got from the kids aisle. they fit nicely

• 165 cm lmao not short or anything but i buy young boys shirts and they seem to fit even on my shoulders

• @chintita ah awesome I like guy's clothes too :P
      I steal my bros stuff sometimes haha
      I am like 1m62cm by the way

• Yea sizing sucks for non standard body types. even bikinis, i have to mix and match because there's no way in hell the top and bottom will ever be the same size. For dresses, i almost always get them tailored to my bust and waist because i wear a size up to fit on my hips.

• Pants and some jackets are my worst nightmare trying to buy. I can never find anything that's the perfect length on me, due to how short I am. :(

• I generally go for size 10 or 12 trousers but I'm actually a size 11 because one store that I shop at sells size 11 and they fit perfectly. Its a little annoying really, what annoys me the most is bra sizes, they vary so much from store to store and from style to style.

• The place where I buy my jeans is called "Bardot" and they have those sizes. Unfortunately they don't have much jean choices as they sell a lot of skinny jeans. I'd like some nice regular jeans or boot cuts

• All the timeeee
    Especially with pants. I'm a pear so it's really hard to find pants that fit my thighs well without the waist being too loose. With shirts I can at least get away with tucking in the loose ones.

• Pants are evil! Especially finding a nice pair of jeans 😓

• Have you tried extra low rise jeans? I'm a pear too and they are the only ones that work for me perfectly

• @Katy16 Not yet. I mainly have boyfriend jeans anyway so the entire thing is just loose lol

• Yeah! Especially for dresses. I have a large chest but a smaller waist. Usually have to get them tailored to fit me correctly.

• Yes yes yes yes yes yes.
    This explains my life

• Hopefully an exaggeration! Although I talked to a girl, innocently one night after a party that I felt that I could understand her whole life after a few hours of conversation! So who am I to say that complexity defines someone?

• @smell-my-fingers

Explains all the clothing portion of my life. Haha

• I've had this problem for years! I wear (depending on the company and store) sizes 4,6,8. I even wear junior sizes sometimes like 5 or 7. Thats why Im starting to buy more yoga pants. Problem solved. Lol.

• Shop in the juniors department, half my things are those type sizes

• I don't know how the pants will work for me. I'm 5'8 so they might end up looking like ankle bashers on me 😅

• I think you'd be fine, I'm 5'5 and wear short ones so lol

• I am between regular and tall length! It's so frustrating either having to pull my pants down every time I stand or having to roll up the bottoms. I feel for you!

• yep i'm not a 2 but not quite a 4 so i just have to pick one hope for the best

• May I ask your nationality, ma'am?

• LOL! Yeah I have to be careful because plenty of girls have virtual kicked me in the *draws air in, between teeth* uhmm... the worst possible places for a guy, just for asking an innocent question like this! Surely you can understand my trepidation! :) haaaha!

• I just wish it was easier to find 2 size clothes

• Yeah that would be nice

• Yes it's so hard to find them. petite size and big size is really a shame to find

• I actually know the feeling. I experience a similar problem with jeans. I am too short and I can never find jeans that fit me. I always have to tailor them.