Why do girls wear their pants up to their belly button?

I see this a lot and don't say it's a weight thing because I've see girls at my gym wear their tight workout pants and a sports bra, I'm sure every gym goer has seen it. Big girls and tiny girls would have their pant pulled up all the way to their belly button or higher. I'm just curious

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• To get a tight fit and make their ass look good. Then they give guys dirty looks for checking out their ass to feel morally superior.

What Girls Said 26

• Called high waist jeans/pants. Personally not a fan of it at all on anyone, and really doesn't work on my body shape at all, makes my butt look smaller when its not small lol 😐. Always has to be below my belly button unless its a skirt.

Some people wear it because it can be a life saver for tummy fat and keeping things looking more lean. And its completely in style right now. They sell that shit everywhere 😑

• I wear pants that are slightly high-waisted because they're comfortable. + no muffin tops and no flashing people my underwear accidentally.

• because its where the waist is...

• Lets put it this way... I'm about 5 foot 7 in height and have long legs... The purpose of high waste pants is to underline that or if you're small to make you look taller so.. that's probably why... Hope it helps...

• Not all girls do it but the girls who do do it for their stomach or because it's a fashion trend, I know girls with fit flat stomachs who do this too

• Tummy control

• I have no idea but I honestly dislike pants that do that.

• I'm short and have thick legs, so they're usually long. And they tend to slip down so I wear it high up

• High waist shorts and jeans are in style right now. I prefer low rise, my legs are to long for the current trends😔

• I think it's just because it's trendy to wear high waisted pants and skirts now. Personally it's not my style and they would make me look super tall.

• make butt look bigger?

• That works?

• Yeah I thought that was weird but then I remember, you're a crazy cat and it perfectly normal for them to sit on computers. Can I make the judgement call on your booty?

• judge away lol

• I think it's more comfortable to wear my pants like that.

• Education lady! I remember you. So not because it makes your butt look good or to keep everything tight

• Ok! I see you

• to de-emphasize the tummy

• Yeah but there a lot of girls that don't need to do that but do

• skinny girls can still get muffin tops, we all have some fat on our stomach and if they're super tight pants then they'll give everyone a muffin top. to avoid that, u just wear it higher. i don't do that anymore but it's easy.

• Oh I see

• Oooohhh I just love high waisted jeans and shorts (granted they don't show my buttocks)

• Depends on her style. Can be to hold the hourglass shape. It defines the small waist, butt and gives the illusion of longer legs :)

• They look ugly when they do it lol

• lol its the style! It makes it look less slutty when you wear crop tops

• So you're those girls lol

• well i mean i own a pair and yes, I've worn a crop top. But i wouldn't say its my entire wardrobe lol

• To cover the fat haha

• Could it be the return of high waisted pants?

• because high waisted pants and shorts are in style right now bruh.

Don worry, it will cycle back around so we keep having to buy new clothes, LOL.

• Not me lol

• It's a style of clothing, you can either have high rise or low rise pants, it's just a preference.

• I have a legitimate excuse!!! I'm only 5 feet ! Clothing designers don't take into consideration that there are some very short people in the world. So I can either pull my pants up to my belly button or wear them around my waist where they belong, causing extra baggage in the pelvic are which gives the illusion that I have a penis.

• It makes your stomach flatter and your legs look longer. Also, you don't have to worry about your underwear showing if you bend over.

• It looks ugly

• Because it's comfortable and a lot of pants have a high waist like that nowadays. They are made to fit like that.

What Guys Said 7

• Omg those high waisted yoga tights are FUCKING HOT OMGGGGGGGGGGG

It's to emphasize their ass

• it's just a terrible fashion trend. There's this idea that it makes their legs look longer, but it doesn't do that at all. it just looks like they have a misshapen torso and a big wedgie.

• They were told it was fashionable and that it looked good by someone that wanted to sell them shit. They don't have enough common sense to realize they look foolish.

• I never understood it either just looks uncomfortable to me.

• I've only seem it with jeans and yoga pants if they don't want underwear showing

• Because there dorky like that

• To avoid muffin top I've heard