Is it me, or do females seem to care about their lingerie more than males?

It seems like females I come across tend to shop for sexy lingerie at several stores. Most males I know seem to just buy a pair of boxers, regardless of what they look like.

• Yes, I've noticed that females care more about their lingerie than males.
  • No, I've noticed it the same among males, and females
  • No, I've noticed that males care more about their lingerie than females.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a waste of money haha

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, I'm very visual so I really like the idea of dating a girl who has an extensive lingerie collection :p

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah but is it really that much of a shocker majority of the time we also invest more of our money, time, and effort into clothes anyway.

Although unless you're really wealthy most of us don't tend to wear lingerie 24/7 and only do it for those days when we know we're going to get laid. But it's funny because honestly how much time do you actually spend in your undergarments and how much do guys notice? Exactly because they're to busy taking it off...

• obviously lol. we care more about fashion in general.

• yes because they're a part of our clothing

• Guys don't really have lingerie. Some nice boxers or boxer briefs are sexy on a guy but most don't seem to try to dress sexy. For girls we like to feel sexy and like our men to think we're sexy so we do care about what we wear for them.

• Honey. I'm not trying to be sexy. I'm just trying to find a bra that fits properly, okay? That's what happens when you wear a specialty size.

• Well we are the ones who wear it, why shouldn't we care more how pretty we look?

• I have tons of lingerie

• I love my lingerie to death

• I don't really pay attention to what other females do but I just like clean underwear, it does not have to be expensive.

• Oh, c'mon, get a cute little nighty or something. Please!

• @Aqualung i don't have a job, spending money I do not have how sexy

• Sorry, honey. I was just teasing. It's a frivolity and certainly not necessary. Please accept my apology. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll find something. And, by the way, I'm not currently sexually active either. Bummer, right?

What Guys Said 5

• Dude, don't quite understand your poll because of the way you phrased it. I'm gonna take it as "do gals care more about wearing lingerie than their guys do?", since guys don't wear lingerie.
    I think it depends on the girl; her sexuality. I have a good example. I dated two different girls, who were friends, ran in the same social circles, shared friends. went to school together from K - 12 and were roommates in their first apartment. And, even worked at the same place, which is where I met them both. So, its fair to say they had the same demographics, influences and social status.
    Girl A was very sexual, loved wearing lingerie, was very playful and always into sex. I nicknamed her "puddles". We had a lot of fun.
    Girl B was into it, but after she was confident in our relationship and the newness wore off, she was much less so. I once bought her lingerie, and she asked sarcastically if it was a gift for her, or did I buy it for myself (my enjoyment).
    Whatever. In the end I picked the wrong one.

• I honestly couldn't give a shit about lingerie and I don't hear many guys going crazy about it either. Lingerie is just an indicator that she is probably a freak or willing to get freaky for us so it gets us excited. It's less so about how it looks and more about what it means. Women care more about the appearance of it. It is all coming off the same if she gets that far with me anyway n im sure a lot of dudes feel the same

• yes they do it's like their ammo to seduce man.. Without lingerie they are Ike gun without bullets..

• I have no lingerie, but it does look hot on girls

• Honestly lingerie isn't even very sexy. The average girls volleyball uniform is sexier.