I'm 14 and getting belly pierced... Advice?

I'm going to be getting my belly button pierced and I'm a little scared. I'm going to be getting the typical little studs. Did it hurt for you or do you know anyone who got theirs done and how did it go? Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a long bar to start with and make sure you're anal about keeping it clean or it'll get infected and you'll have to take it out clean it 2 or 3 times a day depending what you're doing and no more or it'll get irritated and could possible get inflamed

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't gotten it done, but I have been with people who have had it done, and my advice to you is it does hurt. Take an advil or tylenol a half an hour or so before you get it done. Try not to move when they are piercing it. It will hurt, but just try to put your mind in another place when it's happening. It will be over in seconds, I promise! :)

Also, aftercare is important! Listen carefully to what they say and how to take care of your piercing. Clean it with what they tell you to clean it and avoid things they tell you to avoid.

You may get it caught on stuff. I suggest using a band aid if you have to wear pants that might catch it.

Swimming is a big no, unless you are prepared to clean it. But it's best to let it heal a little before subjecting it to chlorine, or the beach.

Go to a reputable place. Go to a place that is safe and everything is clean. Make sure the jewellery is in a package before you get it. Make sure they clean the area before piercing, make sure the shop hasn't been closed down by the health unit.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 5

• You're too young to get belly button piercing. Wait for a few years. Your skin is delicate now. You don't wanna get any infections.

• Do not do it. The infection rate for that sort of piercing is horrendous.

• Umm you're a child. Dont. Wait until you are proper age, ad then do it.

• isn't it illegal for that age to get it?

• A girl I knew had one and it got caught on her shirt when she took it off it ripped it out and she needed 3 stitches

• This is just what I wanted to read before bed lmfao 😂

• @MaiNameIsSunshine just thought I'd let the OP know what she's in for

What Girls Said 5

• If you do it now well old advice was don't swim for a year. You would need a waterproof bandaid at least that was last year's advice. I had it done for the second time at Memorial Day weekend a year ago like u! We were heading to Florida and Disney. All the humidity and rides and lap bars and sweat it got all puss oozing out. I suggest using salt water in it often through the day like I was advised. Problem was I wasn't smart about the timing. Wait till u are settled down for a month or two. Let it heal well the first two months. Lakes and stuff people do during the summer if u have that in your plans I suggest u wait. The belly button needs to really be cared for google it as it can get complicated issues. Don't take it out to replace it for a decorated one have the parlor replace it for you I told you mine was done the second time right. Years ago I had it done about a year later I tried to put a cute one and I couldn't get it in and it closed right up. So even though it has been a year I am not sure when I will feel safe swapping mine out.

• I have 7 piercings. Cartilidges ans supposedly nipples hurt the most. Belly button will be easy. Just make sure you go to a good tattoo parlor and clean it right

• My advice is... good luck!

• the pain is like a 6/10 , the healing process is the worse part. my advice to you is to clean it regularly with salt water and don't get in pools to reduce the chances of getting an infection.

• You asking would it hurt if a piece of metal going through your flesh hurts? -.- really? sure some people it doesn't hurt but majority it fucking hurt.