Am I too ugly to ever get a girlfriend?

Well, I'm 17 years old. I have never had a girlfriend, have never kissed a girl, none of that stuff. A lot of kids at school tell me that I'm going to die alone and I'm never going to have a girlfriend because I'm too ugly. They often call me the ugliest kid in school, and they pick on me often for this. I have believed this for two years, believed that I'm too hideously ugly to ever get a girlfriend.

I can't even look at myself in the mirror without cringing, how can I expect someone to actually date me?

I don't like to go out in public anymore because I can feel people staring at me, and I don't like people to see my face if I have to be physically there with them.

But I just want to ask some people who have no reason to lie to me, before I seal my fate as a person who will die alone.

I have two pictures:

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• May I suggest that you read:

A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and also

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

I know what you really want is a girlfriend. You want to belong, and have someone who you can call your own. But while your self-esteem is this low, your chance of being able to create a good relationship is pretty low (notice I didn’t say your chance of getting a good girl are low, even if you get a brilliant girl, you’ll still be half the relationship) So my point is, you’re not ready. Because if you date a girl now, you’ll hang all your self esteem on her, and no person can support another that way. You have to get your self worth from somewhere else. (I think God is a good place to start, that and having a purpose in you life). Anyway, the second book “I kissed dating goodbye” has a lot to say about why teen dating (defined loosely as anyone dating who is not prepared to marry) is not all its cracked up to be. Just think of your last year in high school as boot camp. You got just one more year to figure out the purpose of your life, and to start making something of it. When you do that you’ll walk shoulders back, head high, and you’ll loose that sad look around your mouth and eyes. Hit the gym too. (muscles build self-confidence) You probably won’t be mister confidence in college, but you’ll be able to trick everyone into thinking you had a completely normal high school experience. No one will suspect you had it this hard. They’ll just accept you as a normal guy. Which, you are. You are a normal looking person (which I might add…most people including me are…that’s why its normal). You can be anywhere from a 4-9 (on a scale 1-10) depending on if you wear dumpy cloths, walk head down shoulders curved, and don’t meet anyone eyes, and mumble, compared to if you dress nice, smell good (some men’s body wash is fine), are polite, smile, crack a joke, and are a gentleman (hold the door, carry her stuff), are reasonably fit/athletic. I dunno, maybe you want some bimbo bar chick, being nice probably won’t get her. But most girls are just normal girls. They’re not fabulous looking, but they’re awfully pretty when they try. I really don’t want to give the impression I’m saying you’re just average looking so you’ll have to settle for average. I’m saying congrats! You look just as good as everyone else, your bone structure, general lack of acne, and features are right up there with the rest of everyone else, therefore you have every right to expect the same as everyone else. A sweet girl who wishes she were maybe a size or two smaller, but can’t seem to loose the weight because she loves to go on dates to the ice-cream parlor with her boyfriend – YOU! There’s a girl out there for you, but she needs a man, you can’t come to her afraid of what some boys at school are predicting about your future married life. As if they new. Idiots.

What Girls Said 3

• How rediculous! You look so...normal to me. I'd laugh, except that you actually belive your ugly. You only have 1 more year of highschool. I swear when you hit college and its all new people, no one will know that you've been labled the "ugly" guy. That's all it is. Someone labled you, and now all the mean and little people at your school know that you're safe to be nasty to. You won't talk back, you'll just take it. And its just habbit that no one defends you. I'm so sorry the world is such a cruel place.

link

• Ya bro, high school is a rele immature place. Once you get to college you'll realize that all of the people that pulled that sh*t in high school are pretty much failures in college.

• First off, your links don't work. Secondly, it doesn't matter if you're the hottest guy in the world, or the ugliest guy in the world. Every single person has one soulmate and only one. That's not to say that you'll definitely find them or that finding them means you'll fall in love. I don't believe that everyone is destined for romantic love. A soulmate can be a close friend, a lover, or even a family member. It is the one person that completes you. And if you are destined for romantic love, it makes it so much easier being unattractive to most people. It will make it much easier to find the people that want you for you. The "hot" guys have to weed through tons of people that want to be with them solely based on looks. I know it may feel like you got the short end of the stick, but just think about this: Yes, they get girls left and right. Some, I'm sure, mean more than others. But you will have something meaningful almost every time. Try to consider yourself as lucky as you are.

• OMG I hope you're not serious! Hunny I've seen some pretty terrible looking guys in my life. You don't even come close!

And I've got a funny story for you...my roommate (who would kill me if she read what I am about to write) is currently madly-in-love-wants-to-marry this guy who when I first met thought was related to the hunchback of notre dame. (Sorry about the bluntness...). But He's A REALLY Funny confident guy! He's the life of the party, really awesome personality.

He's apparently also a player! He's been stringing on my poor friend (Who is BTW really pretty and has had such cuter boyfriends) He's kinda dates her sometimes then stops calling. Basically he is a player, and she's a sucker because she likes him so much.

Another twist - she's friends and works with his best friend, who recently heard the hunchback cousin player as saying "I really like Ashley and I'd love to be with her, but I'm so close to reaching my goal of having 100 marks on my bedpost"

My whole point in this is, this guy is close to sleeping with 100 girls, and is unbearably ugly. But the ladies love his personality. So there you have it, WORK ON YOURSELF! Hang out with as many people as you can, be social and cool. Try to hang out with cool guys who can teach you the ropes on being that fun guy everyone wants to be around---no matter what they look like.

What Guys Said 4

• your links don't work

• Dude are you serious? The way you describe yourself, I expected some hunchbacked dude with a tumor on his face.

Being brutally honest you look like an average joe, which is a good thing. I consider myself to be average.

You really have nothing to worry about. Who the hell is saying you're the UGLIEST person ever? Wow...

• it's ok
    there are a ton of ugly people
    just find your match
    i'm sure she/he is out there

• Pictures don't work.