Girls, Is this dress acceptable for a "black tie optional wedding"?

Is this acceptable for black tie optional? Or should I wear a black dress?
Girls, Is this dress acceptable for a

Also, if this dress is acceptable, are nude or black heels better?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• no not acceptable.

• what do you recommend?

• how is this not acceptable but jeans are?

• because I am crazy! And you seem like a decent girl!

What Girls Said 22

• haha black tie optional doesn't mean black dress, it just means to dress up and like more formally. this may be a tiny bit too casual.

• so like a prom-length dress?

• nah it's not so much about the length as the style. this is more like a sundress, i would suggest something that's more along the lines of a cocktail dress. go semiformal, like maybe homecoming style.

• I think this is a bit too causal. Even if it's black tie optional I expect a lot of people to do it. It's also a little short and seems more like a cocktail dress than formal wedding attire

• should i wear a prom-length dress?

• No, don't wear a prom length dress! Wear a little black dress. It just won't work with a long dress. It would look really strange.

• I think it is :)

• Black tie doesn't mean black, so this dress is acceptable. Black tie is just another word for formal. However, if I said black tie optional, this wouldn't be formal enough to me. This looks more like something you would wear to the park or to the mall, not a to a wedding.

• what do you recommend?

• 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../all%2Bshots.jpg

The red dress and the blue dress in this photo. The blue dress is made of more formal material and the neckline is more presentable, even though it's similar to the one you want to wear. You can wear a short dress. I suggest looking into David's Bridal because they have a lot of dresses on sale right now.

• I think its cute, as long as you dress it up a little. Nice jewelery, shoes... i would probably personally add a belt of some sort and match it to the shoes. But i would go wih white or gold, rather than black.

• I would wear a black dress that drops about 2 inches lower than the one mentioned

• I think that a black dress would be more suitable for the occasion, however, if you do end up wearing this dress, put nude heels!

• I'd go for something longer. That's way too short to be elegant.

• It seems a bit short, maybe go for something a bit longer and more formal

• like a prom dress?

• Not necessarily a prom dress, just something a little longer and more dressy

• Little to casual
    Maybe a darker colour and a little lower
    Just above the knee?

• I love the outfit the dress and the heels. I will say yes!!

• I would think so, with nude heels.

• Black tie doesn't mean wear black lol. It's too casual and short

• what do you recommend?

• I love the dress, it looks very great. You should wear it.

• Definitely not acceptable in my opinion, it's time to get out the LBD with of course black heels.

• Maybe lol, but I'm also not a 'dress' girl so it's possible the lingo already exists here :p

• @EllieLexis513 little black dress introduced by Coco Chanel

Google wiki little black dress

• Neiman Marcus may be well out of your price range but the video shown below tell the entire story what you need to know. A little black dress is not a short dress no matter what people here say stops above-the-knee

www.neimanmarcus.com/.../c.cat

• Love the dress and the heels. Good choice

• I LOVE the dress and yes it's fine for black tie optional.

• It looks cute wear it with pride

• Dress is ok, try with nude shoes since we're in spring

• Very cute!!!

• It looks very nice