Why do all 'feminine' shoes hurt?

I wear high platforms with straps, my soles burn.
I wear them with elastic straps, my soles burn plus I have marks from the elastics.
I wear high heels with a chunky heel, and with bare feet I get blisters, with tights they slip off my feet.
I wear pointy shoes with a kitten heel, my toes get squashed together.
I wear those stiletto heels, I barely make 5 steps before my feet burn.
With stiletto boots I walk all wobbly after a while.
Only my chunky heeled leather ankle boots are comfortable enough to dance in.
I give up, and say ok, I'll try on flats. The same happens.
With one pair, size 38 was too big and size 37 was too small, I bought the small and no matter how much I wore it, I couldn't break it in!
The other pair I own now, makes my soles burn after a while, and I get blisters at the back..
I don't get what kind of shoes to buy anymore, to have both comfort and style...

Most Helpful Guy

• Functionality vs form (fashion).
    Any gain in one is a sacrifice in the other

Most Helpful Girl

• Because beauty is pain, for some damn reason.

What Guys Said 5

• I have several pairs of shoes that will hurt my feet I'd I've worn them too long. I can't relate to the pain involved in wearing high heels. I'm just saying that it's not unusual for shoes to cause pain.

Get your significant other to massage them for you. :). After that, find something crazy comfortable to wear on your feet the rest of the day. I have a pair of Ugg slippers that I wear everyday.

• If it helps, high heels are hot OP

• Well I'm a guy, so I do not wear high heels lol. However, I do find them attractive on girls.

• because they are not designed for comfort, they are designed to look good

• There is no feminine and masculine shoes. Shoes are shoes. I like sneaker wearing girls. Femininity depends on body and personality.

• I can't agree more! I happen to like how elegant and elaborate shoes look on me, but most of them are very impractical.

• Girl, don't care about people's ideas or fashion. Wear what you want to wear and comfortable. My girlfriend wears sport shoes always and it is not a turn on. She will have healthy feet and skeletons. It is good to know. Trying to wear wheels and make up is just vanity. Only shallow guys care about it.

What Girls Said 12

• its the reason why i stay away from heels as much as i can... they aren't the type of shoes that are made to walk around with... they mostly to be worn for a short period of time

• Maybe it's just the quality?
    I have louboutins and I could wear them for hours while H&M pumps kill my feet within an hour.

• Depends on the cut of the shoe as well, I think.
      My Louboutins kill my feet after a few hours of wear and dancing, lol But yea, I do agree that they're relatively more comfortable. The patented leather type hurts my feet too cos they're more rigid.

• @Miss_Behave I agree, even more expensive shoes can hurt if the cut doesn't fit. What I've found not to hurt so much is when the shoes have a lot of cushioning or if I put soles on the inside

• Cause beauty is pain.

And many men dont think we have it hard.

• no pain, no gain - guys like to see us in heels for their pleasure. guys are lucky they get to wear shoes/boots that are comfortable and they can still look hot. its a man's world, deal with it

• You can buy high quality brands that has soft pads put in shoes that would lessen the pain by a great deal. I think naturalizer and airflex makes very good comfy shoes in general.

• Because it hurts to look sexy, but it's worth it

• If my feet hurt I don't look sexy at all! I have an irritated expression and I whine about them, plus I can't walk or dance

• Lol I think it's because they're designed to do unnaturally barbie-like things to us like make us taller and make our feet look more petite and cute.

• true that. I swear I think my calves shrink to half once I wear heels!

• You get use to it. I have many pairs of heels

• I can walk normally in them, but after a while it hurts, and I can't get used to it

• Hmm I'm not sure, most of my shoes, even heels, don't tend to hurt unless I wear them too long

• I know the feeling, but all of them will get easier to walk in at least in my case

• I have like 5 pairs of heels and many pairs of boots. They do hurt.

• lol, this happened to me just yesterday, walked in high heels across the street to get to the train and came to the party late because it took too long to walk in them. Then, ended up complaining about it during the party and took my shoes off while i sat for a bit. smh