How important is dress sense in terms of a potential relationship for you?

For me it's pretty high, I like my girl to look the part. I'm not saying she has to spend loads of money on clothes, but I like her to be somewhat fashionable and to make me wanna go
"wow you look great!"

I like girls in Bomber Jackets and skinny jeans, it's a huge plus in my book.

How about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you actually. Clothes can defenitelly have an influence in my attraction. But like you said, you don't need to spend a lot of money or buy expensive brands. It's more about if they look good, fit you, and your own style. Also if they look clean and stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite important, a woman that lives in tracksuits is a big nono relationship wise, even if she is incredibly beautiful. They just need to able to pull of the following because :-

Smart casual - Jeans and Boots
    Formal - Full evening gown and appropriate jewelry
    Semi - formal - Evening Maxi/Little black dresses
    Daytime chic - Heels and skirts/dresses/jeans

• what about homeless chic?

• basically you wear cheap tattered clothing but the difference is it's CHIC. This is the new face of fashion, very trendy and you will see this on Vogue very shortly.

• @idkwtftoputhere well ripped jeans can be stylish... hahaha

Fwiw dressed down totally is ok for running to the supermarket or lazing around at home. I just attend a number of dinner parties which require formal wear so she has to rock it. Me & my friends are also generally well dressed when we go out so my potential partner needs to match us.

What Girls Said 9

• I am against jeans with holes and clown shoes. How my dad raised me

• for me i dont really care as long as they keep their clothes clean, but a hipster or punk look is big bonus fo rme

• my boyfriend's style is totally different to what I thought I'd like. I'm all mum jeans and hippie jackets and doctor martins and he's all plain black, stretchers and converse, but I think he looks good. it doesn't have to be anything specific, but I like the fact that I like his style. so it matters, but not to the point where I'd turn someone down for having a style that's different to my usual style. if that makes sense!

• Not important to me. I wear the same jeans, same shoes, with a black band shirt every day, and I don't expect my SO to put a ton of effort into their look if they don't want to

• not really a huge factor.

• if he dresses like shit then that says a lot about his personality

• It's important for me that a man has a sense of style as fashion is a major part of my life.

• i look like shit all the time so i can't expect much in this department

• You just described what I wear on a regular basis lol

What Guys Said 5

• Ya the types of women I date are feminine and being stylish and knowing how to do makeup are basics in life

• At least decent style would be preferred meaning causal wear and knowing how to dress up now and then to look nice.

• Not a big factor, but I do appreciate a girl who tries. She doesn't have to spend hours trying to dress perfectly.

• That's one of the three details I check out in a woman. The other 2 are her facial structure and how physically fit she looks. I like women that wear any kind of skinny/tight pants and turtlenecks. I personally think dresses and skirts are unattractive. In fact dresses and skirts turn me off.

• dress sesne can change so no biggie