Girls, how do you learn to be happy with your weight?

I recently went from 100 pounds to 120 (both are within "normal" range for my height). I feel better physically, but I'm kind of feeling bad that I don't have a perfectly flat stomach before. I know the weight gain is related to some medicine that I'm taking and really need to be on right now. But I just keep finding myself feeling like I'm bad and lazy and ugly for gaining weight, even though I'm very active (I don't "work out" per se, but I'm still very active because I'm on my feet a lot and have to walk everywhere).

And before anyone asks, I don't post pictures of myself online.

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus, You sparked my curiosity, even if you don't post pictures, the curiosity is there xD

Hmmm How do you learn to love your body? By taking care of it.
    Working out: That feeling that you made it, your muscles working and changing, I love that feeling!!
    Shower or a bath: that fresh clean feeling, I love it
    Dressing up or just wearing stuff you feel good in
    I usually feel awesome af everyday cause of these simple things

• That moment when you realized that this question was directed to girls xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen, anytime a woman sees a "major" change in her body... it can be an emotional experience. We're taught from a very young age that our self-worth is linked to our looks and though we grow up to find meaning beyond that, we can't help but feel bad sometimes. You learn to be happy here by accepting change feels off sometimes and remembering weight is dynamic. For the vast majority of people, you can change your weight. You're not stuck at one weight forever. Think of all the physical problems out there where you just can't do anything about it. It may take time, but it's okay, you are not stuck. Secondly, you're given one body in this life. It's precious, it's sacred. Love that you have a body and that it works fine. You're a work in progress, so go ahead and tweak what you can with the canvas you were given.

What Guys Said 2

• Well I need to gain weight so I exercise and try to build muscle. I just keep reminding myself I have normal bmi and I need to gain muscle

• You know the cause isn't your being sedentary so it isn't your fault.
    Come to peace with it.

What Girls Said 2

• It's fine to not have a flat stomach, like who cares? You're still cute. I've never been uncomfortable with my weight, even when I've gained and lost pounds.

• One thing I've never had to worry about is my weight. I've been lucky