Patch of hair is shorter than the rest?

Okay, so for nearly a year I've been growing out my hair. I haven't put any chemicals or extensions in my hair and I am just wearing it in it's natural state, occasionally flat ironing it. My hair looks fuller and much healthier, but there's this patch of hair behind my right ear that is abnormally short, and seems like it isn't growing, and it seems to be getting worse. Luckily I'm not bald there but it looks shaved or something. It's making me really insecure. Does anyone know what I can do to make it grow at least a little? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's new hair that is recently growing because hair falls out naturally and then new ones grow. You could use extensions or hair accessories to cover it up. Take vitamin C, biotin, niacin and zinc to help it grow out faster. Don't worry, it will eventually blend in with the rest of your hair.

• Thanks for the tips, I need to try them out :)

• @Becky01 Go to a dermatologist, and ask for the following prescriptions:
      • Ketoconazole (= a shampoo)
      • Finasteride (= a pill, brand name Propecia)

These two things together should go a long way toward helping you.

Finasteride does bad things sexually to men (it fucks with their ability to maintain an erection -- and the effects might actually be permanent, too), but I don't think I've ever heard any reports of sexual side effects in women.

• You're welcome @sixnineanon

Most Helpful Girl

• try washing your hair in argon oil shampoo and it is really expensive to let you know a head of time and after awhile it should grow back but if not i'll ask my friend who has been natural and fully natural no heat for about 8 years or 7 years

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you should stop flat ironing and let it go natural for some time. There are YouTube channels that cater to natural hair and I recommend doing keratin treatments and deep conditioning. Pulling too hard with a comb or brush can also cause short hair.

• I highly recommend biotin.

• Try taking biotin. It'll help hair grow