My class is going ice skating. How should I dress if it's hot outside?

I'm new to skating, so I hope you don't think it's a stupid question!

I searched online for what to wear for skating and I got this funny picture lol: Looks like a warm coat, gloves, and snow pants? Thanks!My class is going ice skating. How should I dress if it's hot outside?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its cold in the rink. I personally like to wear jeans, and maybe something under them. that way you have some padding if you hit the ice. If you've never been skating, expect to get close and personal with the ice.
    Bring a hat and gloves but may not need them. Sweater, hoodie, or some top that is warm. use layers so you can take a layer off.

It is hard, don't try to catch yourself with your hand, it will break!

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to to do figure skating and in competitions would only wear thick tights and a body-dress (so basically a body with a dress skirt on top) and it was just fine because while you're in motion you don't really feel the cold.
    If you're not used to ice skating you'll probably fall more than once though so I'd just go with a pair of leggings (maybe even jeans?) and a warm sweater over your top or shirt so you can easily change once you're off the ice.

• Really? Wow what you are saying is so different than the girls in the picture! I'm confused! Are you right or are they right? :S

• Not for winter which is when outdoor ice skating is most common in most places but if you're in a hall (which I figure?) and not planning to kiss the ice on purpose I'd say my outfit suggestion is enough.

• Ok thanks for your advice!

I'm pretty sure they are in an indoor rink though lol!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Just bring warm clothes with you to the rink. You don't want to wear a coat and ski pants outside if it's hot out. Wear clothes you're comfortable in for the hot weather outside, and pack warm clothes to change into once you're in the ring. Just wear jeans and a coat or a sweater for inside the rink. I haven't gone skating for years, but I did sweat once I got going, so I never wore heavy clothes. I just wore jeans and a sweater and gloves.

• haha definitely going to carry my coat outside lol... are you sure just jeans and sweater? I was going from the picture up above. So I'm a bit confused, are they doing it wrong?

• Jeans and a blouse. Take a warm jacket with if you get cold easily and it would help if you have padding you said its your first time on the ice you are go in to fall a lot.

• wear your normal clothes to the rink but take a warm jacket gloves and warm pair of jeans

• Jean and a cute summer top if it's going to be hot

• But it's at an indoor rink! Doesn't that mean it's below freezing? Should I not wear what those girls are wearing in that pic?

• Just like leggings or pants, a sweater and gloves. Unless you're a cold person, then wear a jacket.

• @Loyalslave I worry for this world because of people like you.

• @Loyalslave You are a pedophile, that's creepy stuff dude...

• Lmao I know 'the online is unsafe'. There's a lot of fucked up people out there and I've been taught to just either ignore, sarcasm or bitch away. How else does a girl defend herself?

• jeans and a casual shirt