Should people dress according to their body-type?

With Summer just around the corner, many women are busy trying to get "bikini ready". This got me thinking, should women who are considered fat wear bikinis? On a broader note, should people in general dress according to their body type? Why or why not?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people should be able to dress however the hell they want to, no matter what body type they have.

It may not be attractive to see a 300 lb chick in a bikini, but she should be free to wear whatever she feels comfortable in.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people should wear whatever they want. If someone who is a little bigger wants to wear a bikini, that's her choice. It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. People should wear whatever they feel confident in.

Regarding your last question speaking more generally, I do think certain styles look better on certain body types but like I said, everyone can wear what they want and what makes them feel good.

What Guys Said 18

• People should dress however they want... but that doesn't mean they'll look good with it.
    If they want to look good, then they should dress according to their body type.

• You can wear whatever you want, but you may not necessarily look appealing in it and invoke positive reactions unless you dress according to your body type yeah.
    (just to be blunt sorry tbh blah blah dont fit shame me people)

• Oh lord, yes... some things aren't meant to be seen.

• According to not really. However they should dress in a way that flatteres their body type.

• They can do whatever the fuck they want but the golden law of aesthetics dictates what looks good and what does not. That transcends "personal preference".

• Wearing clothing and accessories that flatter your natural look, is the logical thing to do.

• I don't care if a girl is big or small if she has a nice pair of tits and or a big ol ghetto booty, I'm going to look at it. Can I get a "Amen!" Fellas!

• wear what ever you want to wear.

• I mean no one's forcing you, but if you want to look appealing, then do so.

• Yeah, definitely. This goes for dudes too. If you're skinny as fuck, don't wear shirts and jeans that are 5 sizes too large...

• No people can dress however way they want

• If they want to do it, who am I to stop them?

• Everybody should wear whatever they want.

• People can where what they want. As long as they're happy wearing it, then I'm all for them.

• You do you. Wear what you want and offer some hater tots to anyone who says differently

• im always covered up

• Yes. Fat fucks shouldn't try and act hot wearing bikinis and other bullshit.

• No, fat people should wear thin people's clothes

;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYB3Fx0a8-4

What Girls Said 25

• I'm of two minds on this. I am a firm believer in dressing to body type. For example, if you are really short, wearing a big old ball gown tends to make one look squat and so I would recommend a short girl not wear that if she wants to look the most flattering for her height and whatever her shape is. Now having said that, if this short girl loves ball gowns to death and they make her the most happy in life, why would I take that joy from her. What's my problem telling her what she should and shouldn't wear b/c I wouldn't appreciate someone telling me to only wear certain clothes. That whole BS is about you and what you personally feel 'should' be the way things are, but what someone personally wears is there business unless they work for you.

• I say yes. BUT in a little bit of a different way, meaning like for fashion. The girl in the picture you have looks fine in her bikini even though she's larger. I mean in general, like someone with larger shoulders look better with racer back tanks, someone with long skinny legs would look good in skinny jeans. Things like that. So not so much for like social shaming like you "SHOULDNT" wear something for your body type, but more like you SHOULD because you can enhance your body in certain ways by the way you dress.

• Absolutely. People should consider which styles and cuts are the most flattering for their body type. But that doesn't mean they should feel restricted from wearing any particular type of garment, they just need to find one in a cut that works for them.

• I think if a woman who's considered fat feels comfortable wearing a bikini the sure, go for it! Same for any woman. I'm pear shaped and I feel so uncomfortable wearing certain bikinis because people always stare. I love getting in the water at the beach but it's just so awkward sometimes!

• It can be more flattering to dress according to your body type, but people should feel free wear what they want to wear.

• Dress to what flatters you. You'll feel better and you'll look better.

But if it's hot as fuck and all you have is a bikini then wear the fucking bikini. Being comfortable is more important than worrying about if you're going to offend someone for existing.

• I think people should. It's great you like a certain style, but if you can't rock it you'll feel shitty wearing it anyway.

It's also displeasing to the eye of others, but that is not seen as an argument. (I'm totes fine with that btw)

I just think if you've gotten fat because you jist eat too much, are lazy etc, and not because of a medical condition you shouldn't be complaining about clothes and stuff. You'll always have fat people be like 'oh, i wish there were plus size models' and then point at people like tess munster, who aren't body positive, just obese.

• Yes. Some things look better on curvier girls other on skinnier girls...
    You should always dress in a faltering way but at the end of the day you do what you want.

• Most people don't look good in bikinis factor n it. Regardless I say wear what you want. Bikinis are dumb though not very functional.

• Yes people should dress according to their body type. What does being fat have to do with dressing according to their body type? Dressing to your body type means wearing clothes that properly fit you.

• If it fits them then I don't see the problem. I'm clearly not thin and I've worn 2 piece swimsuits for the last 2 summers. And I'll be wearing one this summer too.

• I think it's important to wear what you want but cater to your body type. A bigger girl can certainly wear a bikini or a two piece if she feels confident and it fits her right!

• OMG absolutely. It is most flattering

• Dress how you want. Nothing else matters except your happiness.

• Where whayever you want and whatever makes you feel comfortable. Seriously life is too short to worry about what others think you can or cannot wear

• I mean, dressing for your body type is probably better. But if you don't want to then that's fine too. You're probably just not gonna look as good as you could and yeah, some people are gonna cringe but you're the one that decided to push it.

• Why should people dress how someone else wants them to? They need to dress how they want.

• I don't see who it's hurting to dress the way you want to. It's none of my business who decides to wear what.

Unless it's crocs. That's a crime against shoes.

• This is a huge "no" for me. I believe people are beautiful regardless of their body types, and I love seeing a wide variety of bodies in different styles.

• People should wear what they like

• You should wear things that flatter you, whatever they may be

• well yes and no. like bigger women for example. people think they should never wear leggings. if they get leggings according to their size then yeah wear them.

• Vote B. People should dress however they want.

• Wear what you want, and werk it.

• Yeah why not? They have plus sized bikinis for a reason..