Are girls with big, curly hair unattractive?

I have pretty big, brown, curly hair but I'm really pale so I don't think it really works on me the way it does on people with dark skin. I'm Irish-American so I have lots of freckles and a really tiny nose with green eyes. I feel really self conscious because I feel like all those features put together makes me look weird and... Repulsive. I mean look at all these girls with straight hair and I don't have that. Whenever I straighten my hair I get complements. But, I don't like it straight and it takes hours to straighten my hair. And my old school, people told me to get a perm or straighten it every morning. No one complimented me on my curly hair and I just... :((

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• I love... love curly brown hair. I looked at your profile pic but I can't really make it out... it's quite dark. Pale and brown curly hair? Interesting xD

• I changed my profile picture :p I'm really insecure so I usually don't like showing my face but since no one I know's on here I changed it <3

• that's good advice only if your hair is dry with high porosity. otherwise, it's not wise to put that much oil on your head.
      www.naturallycurly.com/.../hair-porosity
      harbor do u have a girlfriend or sisters with curly hair? u kno a lot about it lmfao

• @chintita my hair has always been softer than my girlfriends I've had in the past It's a passion of mine to care for my body.

• I do love huge curly hair
    I just want to burry myself in it haha

• Nope I like curly hair, I have big curly hair myself lol.

• Love, love, love curls!

• Nooooooooo curly haired girls are winning!!! That's my favorite type of hair on girls.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Sweetheart. Everyone has different taste and sadly the world is full of evil that likes to make us all feel like we are not good enough. From your photo your hair is gorgeous even with your not that pale skin. That's being said from a ghostly white girl. You're going to hate your looks some days but I promise some days you'll love it and one day you'll love it more than you hate it.

I would give anything for a smaller nose broken it to many times and it's huge! But you know what as much as I want to change it some days. I've know people that love my nose and see nothing wrong with it.

Teenagers don't get compliments. I felt like a loser in high school. I was friends with all the guys but I was never the girl people wanted. Now I get told I'm hot or gorgeous or beautiful at least 8 times a day even when I look like shit. It gets better.

Just remember you are pretty and other peoples opinions don't change that.

• Ahh thank you so much! ☺️ And my skin's pale in real life that picture was in dark lighting. I just don't like taking selfies with my hair curly like that and it was the only photo I had lol ✌🏻️🌸

• I have dead straight hair. All I want is to have curly hair... sometimes

• I would hope not! My hair is curly as fuck. There are plenty of people who find hair like ours really attractive. Me for example and @slightlycrazy

• I have very curly hair as well. Huge blonde curly hair I usually dye red or brown. I am very pale also. No freckles though. I am Irish, but wasn't born there. My mother looked very much like you though. Big curly red hair, pale, freckles, doe eyes.

And she was beautiful!

I think you sound beautiful, extremely so. You sound adorable, I can't even. You kind of remind me of Bonnie Bennett from TVD books.

You're definitely not repulsive. The things you described are gorgeous! Including your tiny nose. Cutie!

• No way. I love curly hair and freckles. There's a reason people curl their hair. My mom? She spends HOURS trying to get waves and curls in her hair, but hers is flat as a pancake. She's jealous of my thicker hair.

Just embrace what you have. I don't want this to be an insult or whatever, but girls with curly hair look adorable. I had a friend in middle with curly hair and it made her look so innocent and friendly.

• Nope. Exactly the opposite. Girls with that kind of hair have always been envied by straight haired peeps. I know - I envy you! :P

• No not at all.

• You sound cute asf.

• It sounds really pretty to me.

• Yeah. I prefer straight hair but that's just my opinion