Are blazers too masculine looking?

Are blazers too masculine looking?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Naww, I find them stylish on either gender. They are of the "masciline" variety, though.. I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahah... lol
    Women's blazers of today are totally and thoroughly feminine, in every way. If you don't realize this -- well, just grab one of the bigger sizes off the rack, convince an adventurous guy friend to try it on, and see just how "masculine" he looks lmaooo.

Take a look at all the uber-feminine features of the blazers in those pictures that you posted:

• The silhouette, with the slimmest point at a woman's natural waist (which is MUCH higher than a man's natural waist), widening at the hips to create a nice hourglass shape

• The short torso, and longer sleeves, to accentuate the wearer's waistline and create the impression of longer slimmer limbs
    (look at the 2nd and 4th pictures -- the ones where the sleeves aren't scrunched up... the sleeves hit a few inches BELOW the bottom hem of the jacket. On a men's blazer, the sleeves will *always* hit ABOVE the bottom of the jacket.)

• The careful tailoring of the upper part of the jacket, to hang well over a woman's bust (a good blazer makes a woman's bust look fuller and more "perky")

Srsly, a well-made blazer is one of the most *devastatingly* feminine pieces of clothing. It's WELL worth the $$ to buy one in black or navy blue -- especially since you can create a "professional" outfit by just throwing it over a T-shirt and jeans!

__

PS... If you want to see a woman wearing an ACTUAL men's blazer, check out Katharine Hepburn in "Woman of the Year".
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../...f_the_year_cropped.jpg

Hahah...
    She wore it well, but... yeah, that's a MAN's jacket.

As far as the transition from a man's "power" jacket to a woman's staple garment, we can thank Yves Saint-Laurent and his "Le Smoking" from 1966:
    www.brownbombshellbeauty.com/.../...le-smoking.jpg

YSL (God rest his soul) was the first to really make the blazer authentically feminine. But now... #GirlsRunDatShit hell yeah.

• Redeyemintricks: as devastating to fuzzy thinking as napalm to forests.

• @guyngals Yah, the sleeves are a delicate balance -- that's why lots of women scrunch them up (and lots of blazers even have elastic woven into the sleeves to facilitate this, and/or buttons to help the sleeves double back on themselves, à la the analogous buttons on some men's shirts)

"Balance" is the word. It's a very interesting equation.
      Same thing with how a deep scoop neck looks kinda... fruity, on most men's clothes, but, weirdly enough, the same scoop neck looks ultra-masculine on a ribbed tank top ("wife beater"). It's interesting, huh.

• I like your use of language.

I also really love when a woman explains women's fashion, makeup, accessories, etc., rather than just laughing and saying "WTF, don't tell me a man cares about any of that...".

I've had two girlfriends give me a guided tour of their wardrobes, makeup cupboards and jewellery boxes. It's as fascinating as a visit to the Natural History Museum and perfect foreplay.

The surprised face and the intrigue, rising to acceptance and finally delight when they realise how much I like it.

Ladies of G@G, if that's you, please PM me.

What Guys Said 12

• No, you are stylish and know how to wear it. Like in the pics above for example

• i think it makes you look unapproachable xD like career driven, not interested in fun stuff. don´t know why but that´s what i think when i see those.

• I don't think so, I think it looks pretty good on the women in the photos.

• although it is more on the masculine side but I don't see a problem with it.

• I like it!

• I don't like them on women to be honest

• no, i think they look hot

• no, they look nice

• No they look just fine 😛

• They're more on the masculine side, but females can get away with wearing them I think.

• blazers on women only look masculine when they are in their 40s-50s

• Maybe of you're top heavy or already have broad shoulders, otherwise no.

• Incredibly sexy and confident.

What Girls Said 6