Why do most good looking guys have ugly girlfriends?

OK so like 85% of the hot guys I know have "ugly" Girl Friends?

I know that I have no right calling some one "ugly" but I mean like most the girl. . . You should look at and be like "why his he with her"

so yea. . . I don't really know if there's an answer to my question, but yea. . .

People, I wasn't trying to be a bitch so all of you need to calm the f*** down!

People I wasn't trying to be mean or shallow. . . I'm not a bitch. . . And GUY: You know that something you look at you're friends girl friends and think she's not good looking. and GIRL; You KNOW you look at some girls and think she'n not good looking.
I know I'm not the only person that looks at some one and thinks he/he its not good looking! Just because I say something does not make me a bitch!
Damn. . . SORRY PEOPLE. . .!
OK people, I asked this like 2 months ago. . . GET OVER IT!
PEOPLE! I POSTED THIS 2 MONTHS AGO! AND I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE ANSWERING IT! SO PLEASE STOP POSTING ANSWERING! PLEASE! Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• because all the hot girls are with the ugly man

What Guys Said 33

• Because we are not as shallow as you. If hot girls didn't try to get by on just their looks, and where not so high maintenance, bitchy, selfish, ignorant etc. then you would get your pick of us hot guys. Average girls treat us well, are willing to put equal effort into a relationship, and make us feel great. To you, beauty is skin deep. If its just a hook up looks are enough. if we have to deal with you for any period of time, then you need to bring something else to the table and need to behave yourself. We have our choice of women and we will not put up with the crap that a lot of girls think they can shell out to everyone in the world. I wish it wasn't true, but a lot of the "hot girls" are as ugly as they come on the inside.

• Like I said before not all good looking girls are bitches. . . WE have to look our best becuz YOU GUYS think that girls have to look a certain way!

• Well sweetheart, I don't know you so I will not comment on your looks or personality. What I will say, is that I have only met one women in the past year that I felt was on my level of hotness (she worked as a model). She showed interest in me but broke like 10 of my personality rules in the first minute of conversation and I knew I had no interest in her. The girl that has me chasing her right now is like a 7-8 in looks but like a 15 in personality.

• If you think guys are so demanding of your looks, it's probably because you aren't showing off what else you have to offer. Maybe you don't have much to offer, who knows. How a girl really catches my eye is with her actions not her looks. She has to be sexually attractive enough to sleep with (maybe a 6) for me to observer her as possible for more then a friends. After that she really has to shine personality wise.

• lol, by your estimation 85% of guys aren't as shallow as you seem to be by this post.

85% of guys seem to not care if their girlfriends are picture perfect like your teen magazines tell you you have to be.

• haha

good question. Its not that that the hotter guys don't want to go for the hotter girls, Its that they are way harder to get and many guys do not think that it is worth the trouble of chasing a girl in this day and age.

A hot girl will almost never approach a guy or display signs that she likes him. They are usually attracted to the guys who already have girlfriends with the whole preselection thing. Or the guy has to demonstrate so great skills or something in order for her to find him sexy.

Girls who aren't as beautiful will more often take the risk of going for a guy and they actually end up with the guys they want more than beautiful women do. They also give the guys the benefit of the doubt more often and get to know him before he displays his skills or whatever added benefit he has which makes him attractive. Prettier girls usually have to see his value before giving him a chance.

Why are girls atrracted to celebrities like Justin Timberlake when they don't even know him. Its because theyve seen his skills and value, so they can be attracted without getting to know him first.

I wouldn't go as far as to say beautiful women are bitches, because usually once you get their shield down they are very pleasant people. But the ability to attract a wider variety of men has led them to expecting big things and want instant gratification as to what a guy is capable of rather than getting to know him.

When a beautiful woman does get to know a guy then she can become attracted by finding out his value later, like how less beautful looking girls do. This is how you sometimes see hotties with very average or ugly looking guys.

• Excellent response

• I don't think she's shallow, I think its a valid question to ask.

we should have to be all politically correct on here,

people should be able to ask what ever they are thinking.

she didn't attempt to insult anyone or say anything offensive in my opinion

• You are definitely a shallow person but to answer your question let me do so without considering that fact. Good looking people are human beings who want to be adored for who they are and not how they were born and when they discover that all that interested another person to them was their looks they get sad and disinterested in those shallow people. So called ugly people feel lucky to have the good looking partner want to be there with them and dthus treat them better than good looking people do. Good looking people are used o the feeling of being wanted and feeling special so they end up looking at what they do not naturally get which is pure admiration and ugly people give them that.

• This deserves a second answer.

First of all, even if you weren't trying to be a bitch, the fact is you posted something incredibly obnoxious and didn't apologize. So yeah, because of that, now you're a bitch.

Second, the fact that you judge couples based on looks is shallow. The fact that you think something big is wrong with a ugly girl being with a hot guy suggests that all you think about in relationships are looks.

Third, when people come up with the plausible explanation that a lot of pretty girls are bitches, you shoot them down. You insist on your opinion and refuse to compromise in a very bitchy way. I agree that not all pretty girls are bitches, but from what I've seen, YOU certainly are a bitch.

I wonder if that was unnecessary overkill... maybe, oh well. I might be a jerk, but you're still a bitch.

• Most pretty girls are way too conceited, and have a "you're lucky that you're with me" mentality, which is horrible. They might not have it to the same extent, but it's still there. That's why some guys, like me, prefer girls who are at least a LITTLE bit insecure. Because the more you love yourself, the less you'll care if other people love you. And I don't want to go out with a girl who doesn't value the fact that I love her.

Also, pretty girls think they don't have to try so much in a relationship. They think just because they look good, they don't have to work as hard in order to maintain the spark, which is a terrible mistake to make.

So in the end, it's not that guys go out with "ugly" girls. Every guy has standards when it comes to looks. If a girl barely meets those standards, but has an awesome personality, the guy will go out with her.

For example, I set my standards ridiculously low when it comes to liking gamer chicks, or girls who are curious and easy to talk to. They don't have to look anywhere near the girl of my dreams - I'll be asking them out as soon as I get the courage. xD

• I always think that is a cruel stereotype. I know MANY single girls who are absolutely gorgeous and kind with great personalities but they don't have boyfriends because people assume this. If a girl who isn't as attractive is shy, she's a bit insecure and that's okay. If a really pretty girl is shy then she's a snobby bitch. I wish guys would pick up on the reality of this more....

• I said most, and I meant most. I know some really attractive girls who aren't like that, like you said. And it's not just because guys assume they're conceited bitches, but more because they're too scared to approach them.

The fact remains though, that girls who are too pretty also have very high standards usually. And when they turn down guys, a lot of them do it in a very snobby fashion, which leads guys to believe they're mostly like that, hence they make that assumption.

• The reason most girls come off bitchy is because they have a really low self esteem or they have been hurt and they don't want to be hurt again. . . Just like when a guy is being a douche, some times its because he has a low self esteem or he's been hurt. . .

• I've dated super super hot girls, and not so hot or downright ugly girls. My experience: I've had the hottest sex with the uglies, they would read my most secret phantasies straight off my mind, without me even have to say a word. Plus from my experience they are usually super funny, entertaining, honest, fair, good communicators, creative and smart - while sex with the hot girls is dull, repetitive and boring, it's more like masturbating on how hot they are. Some of the "hot" girls were kind of "acting" sex, repeating moves they saw in p*rn flics or something. So basically it was fake and weird-ish. I don't want that for longer relationships. I'll date an ugly girl over a so-called "hot" one - ANY-TIME!

• I think it is because attractive people may be attractive to others bt like everyone else they may not know it inside themselves. What a human being needs most is not to be told they are hot but that they are appreciated and maybe less attractive partners give attractive partners a snse that they feel lucky being with them nd actually appreciate the fact they like them whereas having an attractive partner may not be comforting because they could leave faster for someone else's approval and not be appreciative of their attractive partner. Guys enjoy being admired by those who feel good being with them NOT others' sense that they should be with someone as attractive as them.

• This goes for guys and girls. The more attractive you are, the less you have to work on your personality. The less attractive you are, the more you have to work on your personality. So, it could be that these good looking guys fell in love with the personalities of these "ugly" girls. Plus, they may have to be more extroverted than the attractive girls because they need to attract attention to them somehow.

• It's more likely that they're not ugly but rather only seem so because you're jealous of them.

• It's simple, the "ugly" girls are sluts.

• I'm good looking and my girlfriend is smoking hot, and she's not a bitch, she knows if she was I wouldn't put up with that sh*t.

• my girlfriend is just hot enough to have guys check her out but that's about it, she isn't that like really amazing hot like one of those popular girls at school or anything, I think the answer to your question is that the really hot girls tend to be bitches or play games with guys while the average girl doesn't (certain ones might but not the majority) and really hot girls seem to only want guys who are on their level which is just shallow

• Not all good looking girl are bitches. . . I'm not a bitch. . .

• Yes true but I've seen many of the popular girls who seem to only go for hot guys give any normal guy the "ew" look... honestly I think it all goes back to highschool where it seemed all the popular girls would look down on normal guys and wouldn't wanna date them so our idea of the hot girl tends to be similiar to the stuck up b*tches in highschool

• Because other than that your name clearly indicates (69? oh wow) that you are not exactly the... least promiscous girl at your region, probably your judgement of that girl is incorrect, as she gets the guy, and you don't. Possibly you think you are so pretty because you wear tons of makeup, whlie she just looks decent naturally, and doesn't need to hate on others and create a false image of her appearance merely to boost her own self-esteem.

Anyways, they are attractive, you are not. Your jealousy solves nothing.

• Lol us guys noticed the same thing. We look at a couple and "go wait a minute, how the hell did he get with her?"

• Well most of the time the reason that "ugly" guys get the girl is because he's not cocky, or a player. and he doesn't think that he's Gods gift to women. . .

• Ok, so do you people think that good all good looking girls are sluts or bitches?

• Well I've been chasing girls since I was 4 years old, I'm 28 now and I live in an area of the country where there is an abundance of trophy wife material. I have yet to find one "hot girl" (9's & 10's) that was not completely wrecked personality wise. I met numerous 7's & 8's that have had good personalities. I guess it depends on what you consider hot. Physical beauty fades with time and if that's all you are offering then you are not worth it.

• Beautiful women are notorious bitches.

Not worth putting up with.

• "please top posting answering"

PLEASE LEARN ENGLISH!

And probably because a lot of the girls who are super hot and know it, are bitches, and hot guys don't have to put up with that garbage. I know I don't.

• you want to know why, ok because girls who are generally obviouly hot play the hard to get game because they beleive the guy should do the chasing and girls think she all that so some guys go for what they can get, now I'm not saying these are the ugly girls but at least the girls who they are going out with gave them the time of day to take them out and let the guys be with them

• I think it's the other way around really.

But I never really noticed a trend. Of course I do see some good looking guys with ugly girls, but usually people go with people who are of equal attractiveness.

• It's because good looking girls always think a good looking guy is a player. The "ugly" girls are more willing to give the guy a chance only to find out that he's a great guy.

I guess you could say that some girls miss out on oppurtunities because they overanalyze and there prejudging gets the best of them

• Look. There are two reasons. 1.very attractive girls tend to be very shallow. The guys date the less attractive because they usually have a better personality and tend to treat them nicer. 2. The more attractive girls tend to chase after the hot, muscular, asshole kind if guys. Therefore most of the guys that deserve better girls stay away from the better girls due to the intimidation.

• hi, you're a concieted b!tch. maybe she isn't ugly on the inside like you are. that's why he's with her not you.

• Self esteem problems.

• good looking girls hold their value on their looks therefore they miss out on developing the human side to them and goodlookin guys want a mentally goodlookin girl aswell

• Its because girls that are good looking ignore most guys until they get a girlfriend. Until they find a girl who likes them for all that they are and feel appreciated, you start hearing the hot girls, ooh he could do soo much better. Where were you when he needed to feel loved? That's right... where ever.

• ...ha...ha

• because she can suck a d***

• Same reason hot girls date ugly guys. Cause ugly people try harder to keep their partner. :(

• well if you're so hot, lets get it on. ;)

• Hahaha, you know the jealousy is overflowing here

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 27

• It depends really as I have wondered the same (I don't see your question as that of being a bitch btw it's an observation and we come from a society where however much we wish it didn't go first and foremost on looks then after personality with the media the way it is today it's drummed into us girls/guys have to be stunning/slim to be considered pretty which f***s me off big time, in an ideal world we would get to know each other first and physical looks wouldn't even register but sadly we don't live in that world) I don't consider myself remotely pretty I'm more of a plain jane that can scrub up nicely but nothing stunning to the levels of some of my friends (male and female) luckily I know a lot of it comes down to how a person holds themselves and their personailty and I have learnt not to judge (my wondering is only fleeting when it does happen and I've always been put to shame for having through it for just that second when I have gotten to know the other person) though sometimes I do wonder what I'M doing wrong when I have no one lol sure occasionally someone will give chase but really I think I'm just not girlfriend material.

I think the most beautiful of people are the ones who not only were made to feel they weren't pretty but developed their personalities in school/college when all the obviously pretty people (NOT ALL) were made to feel they were perfect so didn't have to make any effort on any level while the ones made to feel like outcasts learnt such better skills and learnt to not judge for their looks but what counts on the inside. They don't realise how beautiful they are inside and out which makes them aaaaall the more beautiful/stunning.

A lot of good looking guys/gals may find other pretty guys/gals intimidating especially if they have been brought up knowing they are pretty and made to feel important for it the "lesser" pretty (who in fact are just as pretty on one level or another) are more relaxed and open to meeting and making friends and chatting to people without judgement or wondering where it's gonna lead because their expectations and experiences are completely different making it easier for said pretty pursuers to pursue them lol

okay my words are not making sense so I'm shutting up.

Sorry.

• girl I wonder the same too... I am not a bitch either and people here need to NOT take the question too personal... we all talk about other people's appearance... we all have eyes and opinion and we all at some point comment about others... and its not being shallow either! but anyways, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

• I don't think your shallow you are only being honest and I agree. But anyways me and my friends always say he could do so much better. I mean we are happy for so and so but you can't help but wonder. Especially when you think your better looking and she's the one with the boyfriend oh well. I know it sounds mean but as a girl you can't help but be a little jealous.

And anyways there has to be something more then looks obviously friendship trust all that is more important then looks anyway.

• yeah good look girl here. I have dated mostly not so hot guys but I'm aiming for a hot guy next time. so I guess try that strategy.

• Well, sweetie this website is all about honesty so you should have thought clearly prior to posting this question. Of course you're going to get tons or angry responses. WHo's to say another girl who sees you with your boyfriend/guyfriend isn't thinking the samething. Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Be careful with your words, you are too young to be so cold-hearted and mean. You belong on that movie "mean girls" with Linsey lohan, haha mean girl.

• this is not even a question this is an opinion nd just because yu think their ugly does not eman theboys thinks that 2 ...its like saying a girl telling ur boyfrined y do yu go out with that ugly girl cause I'm sure other people dnt think ur ugly ...so there is not answer 2 this question

• People who call other people "ugly" are insecure and have their own personal issues to deal with.

Anyways,not everything in a relationship is about looks.A person can be gorgeous/sexy and have a dull personality.

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.What you consider beautiful isn't what everyone else in the world considers beautiful.

Not all guys are shallow or focused on looks.Many do go for personality

• I think its something called a personality.

S.

• I believe that its because a lot of guys think that the super pretty girls are already taken or can't possibly like them, so really the normal or the so-called "ugly" girls get the hot guys because the guys believe that they are the ones that would actually be available and that would like them. If you catch my drift. So basically a lot of guys want the rotten apples at the bottom of the tree because they are too lazy to climb to the top to get th ripe fresh ones? ahaha lame analogy. but true.

• Well perhaps he was going off of the girls personality and not just looks...I have dated guys that were not that "cute" because we got along great and had a great connection. So maybe that is why. Just food for thought.

• Would you choose the fun and interesting "ugly" girl or the ditsy and conceited "hot" girl? The only other reason I can think of is that they have self-esteem issues and don't know they can do better.

• idk why everyone jumping on ur case for this can't ask it too much nicer...your not the first to ask this I here it all the time for people I dnt know and friends..everyone thinks I'm better lookin then mu boyfriend and they'll ask why do all hot girls have ugly douchbag boyfriends

• Maybe they feel more comfortable with someone average more than with a super hot gf(you know those girls that make heads turn) : )

• Perhaps guys like girls for their personalities rather than their looks - that's usually what creates relationships in the first place.

• I don't know about that, but I know that when a pretty girl is with an average looking guy, its because he's AWESOME in bed!

• because some men have actually grown up and don't think that a womans looks are the most important thing. some guys actually prefer a polite, intelligent woman than a self-absorbed bimbo.

• I agree with you, I think they proberly feel intimidated by the really attractive girls, most guys I think do, that's why from what I've experienced they don't want relationships they only want to sleep with u

• That was terrible and shallow for you to say. Are you saying that these girls don't deserve someone attractive just because they don't fit with society's view of beauty? So many girls ask this question. Stop being shallow.

• Because opposites attract...lol I don't know I always wonder and I guess because the ugly girls got there attention.

• Its true ask a guy with a ugly gal its not her looks its what she did 2 get his attention !

• I want to know this too

• you know what I agree with you, why are some realllly hot guys with ugly girls?!

• I know what you're trying to say and it IS true. Obviously, some guys don't put much emphasis on looks as they do in personality. One person's "5" is another person's "9" Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder...

BUT for the most part, I think guys turn into a bunch of pansies when they're around a really beautiful, hot, and SMART girl. The fear of rejection, being intimidated, and their own personal insecurities is what stops them from making a move. My best friend is gorgeous and has no problem getting a guy's attention. However, once they get to know her and realize she's not an idiot and can hold a conversation, they seem to jet. They say they want the whole package but sometimes they can't handle it.

I think this quotes is a great answer to be honest:

"Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that, aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree."

• girl just ignore these comments. this site is full of fake politically correct people who act ridiculous if another girl DARES call another girl ugly...but they know damn well if they go out in public and an ugly girl walks by or tries to talk to them there gonna be like "Ew". you're not a bitch if you say someone isn't good looking, hell everybody can't be pretty haha

• Actually No,I don't call other girls ugly.I don't think I have any place to do so.I know I'm not beautiful or pretty so I definitely do not call other chicks ugly

• It has nothing to do with being insecure, your being overly politically correct and assumptuous. If you see an unattractive person and notice that they are unattractive, how does that make you insecure? lol that's like saying I'm insecure because another girl is ugly I don't think so! Just like if you notice someone looks nice, are you automatically secure? no. do you think everyone in the world is pretty? come on

• I have no reason to be politically correct here,I'm sorry if you have a problem with a different mentality.I may not think everyone is beautiful or gorgeous,but does that mean I walk around saying "omg,she's so totally ugly" no,I have a life and better things to do perhaps.And maybe the girls you consider "ugly" have personalities that attract attractive guys?Cause of course,to some people,personality does exist

• HAHAHAHAHA! I've noticed that too. I feel like sometimes guys are only into me for my looks so it never really goes anywhere. If the girl is unattractive, I guess it eliminates that possibility and allows for a real connection.

• Wow do you really feel like your looks are the best part of you? because that's what I got from reading your post...try opening your mind a little bit and see what happens.

• Wow. Calm down. No I don't. I think I'm a pretty all-around person, but if a guy approaches me and starts off by talking about my looks, I don't take him seriously and it won't go anywhere. If he approaches me like he's genuinely interested in getting to know me, then that's a different story.

• You are so damn right... the same happens with me. but I agree with your last sentence!

• Maybe because not all guys are completely shallow...They like the person so they are with them. They may not be the best looking girls but they have something that attracted them to their boyfriend. Looks are nice but there's more important things out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hot girls don't tend to have the personality. Most guys I know how gfs that are cute, but not overly gorgeous, with freakin awesome personalities. The fact that you're putting yourself in the "hot' category when you comment on answers, and the fact that you call other girls ugly leads me to believe you're quite full of yourself and put too much emphasis on looks. you sound like a perfect example of why guys don't go for hot girls

• what do you mean by ugly? like a legitimately unattractive girl, or a girl that may not be HOT or One of the Pretty Girls?

sometimes guys like girls like that because they try harder and may have lower self esteem. like if an ugly girl is going out with a hot guy she is gonna try harder to keep him and go above and beyond. she might spend money on him, let him use her car, not say anything when he doesn't call or stays out really late, lets him treat her like crap...

• She probably thinks she is an 8 or 9 so anyone less then her is "ugly" because they got the guy she thinks she is entitled to. I don't like girls with low self esteem, quite the opposite.