What does it mean when a girl says a guy is "okay looking"?

Does it mean not ugly, not hot, but somewhere in between? Could it be taken as a compliment?

Most Helpful Guy

• bro its like this its just like when a girl says "I like to be just friends" or in this case "your ok looking" both mean your not her type ether by your looks or by personality. Basically if you like her your f***ed for getting with her just move on and wait and or look for a chick that digs you for you.

• Best answer, because it's more of what I was looking for. Although everyone else did well too. Thanks everyone!

• Thanks bro

What Girls Said 5

• I usually say it to mean he's not hot but he's good enough to be considered.

• It means she thinks you're not ugly but not her type either. It's either that or she's saying that to be nice. Basically, "decent".

• it is not a compliment. It basically means she is not attracted to you.

• It means average - not cute but not ugly neither. It's not a compliment.

Some girls (like me) don't call people who we or our friends actually know or have interactions with (whether it's a close friend or a friend's friend who we don't really know) as "ugly" just because it feels rude. Sometimes I'd say they're "ok looking" or "normal looking" if they're close with me or if their personality is really good, but if they're not close with me and people in general would say they're ugly (like a 3 or lower on the 1-10 scale), then I'd say they're "weird looking".

• not ugly but not hot. maybe you're not her type

its not a compliment or an insult. its like saying, the sky is blue.

What Guys Said 3

• it means you're okay looking...

• Average-

• It means they are going to walk right by you. Unfortunately no one cares about how nice of a guy you are anymore. It seems to be all about what you look like, and how much money you make. I wish it were still the 1960's when people were interested in others for substance, not all the extras.