Tattoos: what do you have planned?

Whether you're already tattooed or a virgin skinned noob, what tattoo (s) do you have planned for the future?

And why are you waiting to get them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a pretty large piece in mind that is really more like a collage. In the end it will look like a cryptic puzzle. It's got some religious symbolism, some pop culture references, and some historical references splashed through out. My biggest issues is finding an artist I feel comfortable working with who also has quality artwork. After looking through most of the shops in my area I found out I'm not going to be able to get it done locally so now I'm saving money to start searching out of state.

• That's smart! Sounds like it'll turn out pretty amazing once you do find an artist you connect with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always planned on getting a mythology related tattoo. I'm studying ancient history and want to somehow make a career out of it, so I know it's not something I'm likely to regret but I'm not entirely sure what to get. I thought that maybe a grape vine curling over my shoulder and twining down my arm would be cool but I'm not sure how that would actually look, it might seem awkward. I thought maybe some kind of text based tattoo, and my ideas were basically a Homeric quote of 'Sing, o Muse' or a historical quote 'Know thyself' (which was a quote associated with the Delphic oracle), maybe on my wrist and in the original Greek.

I also recently saw a Star Wars tattoo that I actually really, really love and would be really happy to get tattooed on me. I guess my hesitation is if one day I'll be embarrassed about a Star Wars tattoo and regret it :P Also, I'm not sure if that would be stealing someone's artwork.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a473def90a.jpg

I think the things keeping me from getting a tattoo are just... Not having enough money, being scared of needles and not being 100% sure of what I want.

What Guys Said 16

• I don't have any and no desire or plans to get any tattoos ever. I don't like them aesthetically for my personally, plus I have a professional white collar job, although I have seen guys/girls with large tattoos, maintaining a professional appearance is definitely important.

I don't mind dates with tattoos, except large/excessive ones, some girls have small tattoos that have special personal meaning and that can be really attractive too.

• I think society is progressing as far as white collar jobs and tattoos. Like @charismatic110 said on someone else's opinion, her doctor has tattoos.

I would consider a doctor to be a white collar job as would most of society.

But I do get where you're coming from. With the mindset of past generations, if a lawyer walked in to represent somebody and had visible tattoos, the person they were representing would be hesitant to trust them.

Hence the whole term "reading a book by its cover". Doesn't matter that the lawyer could be the best damn one in the state or country.

Plus I'm sure with you and your competitions / shows or whatever it is you do, tattoos are probably frowned upon yeah?

• Right, I'm not saying it's a deal breaker by any means. I agree society as a whole is getting more and more accepting of others, diversity, various lifestyles, etc. But, you just don't see guys in the profession then getting tattoos, in my observation it's more the tattoos were previous to getting in the professional world (former Marine, etc.). But yeah anyways we agree there.

And yes to your last statement, having tattoos does get in the way on stage, you'll see a few have them and it's also not a deal breaker, but it does get in the way.

• I plan on getting a Sun with the Scorpio symbol inside of it on my upper right arm and a Phoenix on the upper left arm.

I've done a poor job of setting aside money to get them done, hopefully I can get the first one done on my birthday at the end of the year.

• I got no plans for tattoos. Wanna stay ink-free.

• I have no tattoos and none planned for the future 'cause I think they're gross.

• None, I want a white collar job

• None... I don't think they fit me very well and I change my mind on what I like all the time... Too risky

• I'm thinking about getting some lyrics and artwork on my arm later on.

I'm waiting on them because I'm in between jobs right now.

• i presently have four tattoos, and i need one finished.. I also plan to get an additional tattoo on my right leg cause i currently have none there and i do have one on my right leg, kind of out of balance.

• No tattoos as right now, but planning to get my birthday date in roman numerals, a scorpion, and a viper.

• If I got a tattoo I would get the one I designed.
    I won't get it though until my conviction is strong enough.

• I'm never getting a tattoo. I don't want to look trashy.

• Some crying giraffe and giraffe prints

• I think i would like to have an eagle

• tattoos are stupid and for people with shit genes who have no natural markings

• A kanji symbol that's mean wisdom on back

• No plans for another. I have an eagle on my left arm

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm I actually plan on removing a tattoo LOL, but after I do that, I may add to my leg, not sure yet. Japanese style, why am I waiting? I'd rather spend the money on removing one before getting a whole neew other one.

• Hmm, I don't have one really planned but I always thought it would be cool to get an antique inspired sun around my belly button like the design on my diary. But whenever I see them, they look played out af, haha and also too large.

This is the better option.

tattooos.org/.../Belly-Button-Cat-Tattoo-1.jpg

• I've recently thought about getting little paw prints going up my upper arm with my children's names inside them when I have children in the future. That's all I've thought about getting so far.

• I have a semi colon on my collarbone and I love you in sign language on my write. I am getting a cancer ribbon (hodgkins lymphoma) heart on my right shoulder blade, the word ohana on my left bicep area, a DNA tree of my left thigh, my mom, dad's, and step dad's handwritting saying "I love you" somewhere undecided... and will likely have other's in the future.

• I am waiting because I just got the sign language tattoo a few weeks ago and tattoos cost a shit ton of money

• cancer ribbon, thigh, and ohana or the writing depends on how old my sister is at the time. Ohana is gonna be a family tattoo but she is only 11 now.

• oh yes and on my dna tree when I have kids I want to get their names on the branches and considering getting their baby fingerprints next to their name but that would be a lot of detail and I would have to find someone I think can do it well

• 'Virgin skinned noob'
    Thankyou for the degrading title for anyone without a tattoo. Lovely.

This was such a nice, general question, with such a good balance on the neutral scale. Then you went and shoved that in there.
    Not neutral anymore.

No. you're either cool with a tattoo. Or a fucking retard without.

Well done.

• Or you're reading too much into wording and being overly sensitive? Take a breather and learn to read things in a humorous manner before getting your panties in a twist and coming in here trying to tell me that I'm calling people "fucking retards" by using a joking term such as "noob".

• Eh. Im tired. Apparently tired me wants an argument that I wouldve been too tired to keep up anyway.

So thankyou for not biting.

Anyway, to answer the question Im planning on a celtic Yin Yang which will be going on my hip. Just need to come up with my own design, and the money.
      there's a lot of symbolism for that tattoo for me which is part of the reason Im waiting. I need it to be perfect.

• I might get a tattoo one day. ATM I'm not sure where I would want it and what's a good place to have it. The kind of tattoo I would probably get would be something to do with the legend of zelda probably. XD

• I have 4. My name, a butterfly, birth year, music note. The next one will be the sleeve. Which will cover up my name and include the butterfly.

• i have about 20 planned, and they all have meaning to me- sentimental or not

• I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo. I don't have what it takes to pull it off and I always change my mind on my appearance.

• I have a medium sized one on my thigh. Currently waiting, because I don't have a few hundred euros to spare, but I'd like to get a Witcher 3 themed tattoo.

• I already have 5 small ones and I plan on getting a few more but nothing anywhere people can see when I'm dressed. I already have two on my wrist and arm and I think it's enough lol. I want to be able to find a job in the future.

• I don't have any

• I plan on getting an owl I am just waiting until I turn 18

• I've always wanted a written one on my wrist