I look Spanish?

are "spanish" people typically good looking? someone said I look spanish even though I'm not, so just wondering what the general perception is

Most Helpful Guy

• They are no more good looking than any other type of women. People generalize based on who we see in the media. And remember, not all Spanish or Hispanics are the same. Like what bwachauer described, that sounds way more like what Columbian women do. I am friends with Columbian, Honduran, Puerto Rican, Peruivan, and Spanish (European) woman and they are all different as for as cultures go. You probably have physical traits that the person who asked you if you were Spanish associates with women who are Spanish from their point of view.

• And those physical traits include...?

• Like I said, it depends on who asked you. A woman from Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic, is not going to look like a woman from Chile or Honduras. There are Mexicans who look European, and those who look Native American. So it depends on who asked you and what they've been exposed to mostly.

What Guys Said 6

• I do like Latinas in general. Are all attractive? No. It's the same for every race, color, ethnicity.

• Generally, I'd consider Spanish women to be attractive so I think it's a compliment.

• Most Spanish people pay a LOT of attention to their appearance, much more so than people in the US in general. Especially the women. Most of them take treatments to remove all the hair even from their forearms and lower legs...so they tend to look a little like store mannequins, too perfect to be real, and they take tanning showers so they don't have any tan lines when wearing anything revealing. Again, too perfect to be real. And they dress well, rarely do they look at all trashy. IN the US we'd say they dress conservatively.

Personally I like the dark hair and eyes that predominate, even aside from all the rest.

• In my opinion yes Spanish people can look very attractive but so can most other people.

• Er.., going by ur pic, you do not look spanish to me. But, yeah, Spanish people are typically good looking.

• Yesss

What Girls Said 5

• Spanish or Hispanic? - completely different things even though your saying what's the difference - there is a big difference! Hispanics are usually very dark - depending where they live and live mostly in the Caribbeans and South America. While Spaniards (Spanish) are from Spain and are mostly very light and blue - eyed, blond looking people sometimes!

Yes Hispanics and Spaniards are good looking - some of them even look very exotic - which is the best thing!

• Question Asker does not mention "Hispanic". So what are you talking about? You've lost me??

• I'm guessing she meant people from Spain...

• Yep I was talking about people from spain they are usually white not dark like hispanics there is a great difference especially in the way we talk - believe me in spain its very offensive to call a spanish hispanic like professor zoom said ull be placing all of us in the same bucket

• I used to hate when people would say I look Mexican/Spanish whichever they'd said. I'm tan, dark hair, but bright blue eyes ect. so it always confused me why people would think this? I'm Native American and it shows, but I can tell the difference. But typically, yes, Spanish people pay a bit more attention to their appearance...which in turn makes them a bit more attractive then the man who hasn't shaved next to him =]

• Remember, a lot of Mexicans are Native Americans. We just lump them all together because they all speak the same language. So that's where the confusion is coming from for you because people are lumping you with with all Native Americans from south of the border.

• Haha, got that. I'm from the north though, Wisconsin to be exact (though I lived in Michigan), and we don't speak the same language ;) Actually, I don't speak my peoples language because it's too hard lol.

• I have the opposite situation. I am Spanish (as well as Polish and French) and I am pale as can be. Up until I was maybe 5 or 6, I had bright blue eyes and straight blonde hair, but now I have green eyes and wavy brownish blonde hair. My twin sister, on the other hand, has curly medium brown hair and a darker complexion. It's so weird!

To actually answer your question, I do typically like people who are Hispanic or Latino. They generally have tanner skin, which means warmth and safety to me. I'm definately not saying that paler people can't be warm and protective, by the way.

• Just another stereotypical remark made by someone that thinks people can be pigeon-holed into categories. I am Hispanic (Euro), and very blonde. There is a consensus that there are 24 Hispanic/Latino cultures. Many of "us" have various racial backgrounds...if you subscribe to the concept of race. We as humans all look very different, but we are all human. Some people do not even realize when they make remarks, it represents her or his attitudes. ¡Tenga un gran día! Peace.

• Some are, some aren't. You can't really generalise them. Just like any group of people I guess.

Most Spanish people have dark eyes, dark hair, dark eyelahes and are usually tanned, or can easily get a tan.