Can drugstore shampoo be just as good as salon shampoo?

I'm used to washing with professional shampoo from the hair salon. Now, I ran out of shampoo, went grocery shopping, and grabbed one along with its conditioner. I'm picky when it comes to hair products. I only pick French brands, because I know France makes one of the best beauty products. I picked up a shampoo that's from the same company as the professional shampoo I usually use. I don't know if this one I just bought is going to be worth it. The drugstore shampoos I've used were bad or too mediocre for my taste.

Most Helpful Guy

• Salon products are just marketing. Try a generic brand or even johnson's baby shampoo and you probably won't notice a bit of difference.

Most Helpful Girl

• No they are not the same or as good. I used to work in a salon and they said even the name brands you can buy at like Walmart they use cheaper ingredients and add water to make it so although the same brand still isn't as good as buying it from a salon. it would be nice to always use the salon shampoos but it's not always in the budget and I've found a few different brands that work well. I've never bought store brand before but I like Vidal Sassoon, garnier, Aussie, and as a last resort treseme.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it really matters. I just use head and shoulders shampoo from CVS or somewhere and many people have told me that I have really soft and nice hair

What Girls Said 2

• Yes they can. Im particular about what shampoo and conditioner I use too. What I buy from a drug store or grocery store are; Herbal Essence, Loreal, sometimes Garnier and Tresseme. My hair is a pain so I go through different brands a lot. Paul Mitchell and Nexxus are other fantastic ones but more expensive but Nexxus is awesome.

• I'm pretty sure the ingredients are similar. So should work jsit as well