What is the best makeup setting spray for the Summer (sweating)?

Is it one of these or something else?
I need one.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• More info needed! Do you want a matte, neutral, or dewy finish? How oily is yr skin naturally? Do you also want the product to have a sunscreen?

Of the choices you've listed, I like the UD one the best. It has a VERY matte finish, so, if yr skin is naturally oily, that's a plus.

I have a girlfriend who is Croatian (so her complection is probably similar to yours), and, she prefers this stuff called Supergoop Defense. Don't know if it is available in yr country.
    It holds her make-up perfectly well in hot and humid summers (she lives in Miami and works mostly outdoors, so, perpetually hot and VERY humid). Super matte finish.
    It also has a sunscreen in it, like SPF 50 or something, if that is a feature you would want. (Especially important for my friend because Miami is tropical, so the sun is actually directly overhead in the summertime)

• Wow! You know a lot. =)
      I have combination skin - somewhere a bit dry, t zone on the oily side... I don't want an extremely matte finish, but if that's what's going to stop my makeup from melting away from the heat and sweating, I'll take it.

• Thank you so much. =)

What Guys Said 2

• I'm intrigued by the fact that there are some questions girls are so quick to answer, and others that they have no opinion about but yet still they still say men and women are the same.

• No one says that. + this response of yours is irrelevant to my question.

• Who made the designs for these?

What Girls Said 19

• I know Sephora sold one, my friend is a Make-up artist and she used one on me (not sure which one it was) but I went out to the clubs and sweat like crazy and my make up stayed on all night! Then even when I went to wash it off it took a lot of rubbing with makeup remover to get it off.

I would say the NYX one sounds like it might be good.

• The Urban Decay "All-nighter" setting spray is gold. Pair that with a good primer as well and you'll be set.

• I don't wear enough make up to care and definitely not where I may sweat (gym, beach) but try this;
    www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/.../makeup-setting-sprays-tried-and-tested-cosmo-beauty-lab

• Urban Decay All Nighter seems to be the best but your skin type will help too. Are you dry, oily, combination, etc etc. The more oily, the more matte you should look for.
    In addition to setting you make up, I'd recommend baking your makeup as well. It looks stupid but it helps a ton especially in the summer. Cause no one wants to see a bead of sweat with your concealer, foundation, or contour rollin' down your face lol. But if you do bake, you really really need to make sure you take off that make up at the end of the day or else you will probably break out.
    Anyways I've seen that Jeffree Star is obsessed with setting sprays so I'd look at some of his summer time videos to see what he sets with. Best of luck

• i dont use setting spray but i bought my sis the NYX one and she likes it a lot.

• I am not sure. I thinnk I might buy urban decay since I heard a lot of good things!

• I found the Nyx one works best for me.

• Urban decay is a good brand. Google them

• Dior has a really good, light weight one. I have oily skin so it really works to keep my face shine free

• Urban decay all night setting spray, they is a crazy around it so it must be good 💗 have a nice day

• Urban Decay and Mac.

• I didn't even know that this thing exist ! Do you really need that?

• You want a glow, not a dry matte looking finish. Go for MAC.

• Dior is good, actually Urban Decay is the best I heard.

• Personally, I recommend the urban decay de-slick setting spray. It's a little on the pricey side, but I do a lot of volunteer work during the summer (habitats for humanity, VBS, stuff like that) and a little bit keeps EVERYTHING on

• I read somewhere that the foundation cracks under that de-slick one... I'm a tinted moisturizer person myself... but I'm not sure I want to risk it for so much money. How does it work for you? Any complaints?

• I've never had any problems with it personally, I have pretty bad acne so my foundation changes based on what coverage I need that day. I usually use a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream for light coverage and the revlon color stay for heavier coverage and I've never had problems with either of them cracking

• just wear waterproof make up no need spray

• Urban Decay

• nyx tbh, or none at all sometimes setting sprays are pointless but from what i used nyx.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more