Can emo guys wear pink shirts?

I'm going emo and I just need to know somethings

Most Helpful Girl

• you want to be labeled? that's pretty stupid! wear what you like and want it doesn't mean you can't listen to so call "emo" music! purposely making yourself a label is really sad its like trying to fit in just be you and let people accept you

What Girls Said 11

• Honestly, depends on what type of pink you're talking about.

If it's hot pink, yeah.

If it's like pale pink, be careful especially if you're blonde.

Medium pink eh, depends.

But really if you like it on yourself, wear it, scene it, sport it, flare it.

• No, because emos cut themselves and dress all black to show their hatred for life.

I am just kidding.

Yeah you can wear pink, I have seen lots of "emos" with pink hair, and clothes. Why should you worry about not wearing pink anyways? Just because you are going emo - doesn't mean pink is outta the picture. Go for it if you want to.

• Your life! Do whatever you feel like doing and not care! Of course if you do make some bad choices all your doing is screwing your life and your self!

• imho it takes real men to wear pink. I don't think you have to have a certain look to wear pink just not something as bright as the pink that people back in the '80s wore.

• Is this a serious question? Labels ARE pointless. Besides "emo" is a type of music, not a type of person. Be who you are and wear what you want. I totally agree with 'pointyourtoe'.

• Um, well you don't say "im going emo" it just, happens. And, yes, emo was made into this whole thing like you have to do certain stuff. Its your choice, you don't realllyy even have to like cut yourself. people just made that seem like that was what MADE you emo. ugh

• Labels are stupid-you definitely shouldn't define yourself like that. Just be who you want to be and wear what you want to wear.

• YES :) pink is the new red.

• why are you going emo? that is stupid and ugly. stay the way you are. wear what you want. be who you are. don't be who people want you to be, be your self, seriously. don't go emo.!

• That wasn't the question...

• @islandcutie, you jus answered ur own question gurl. you asked y he is going emo right? well mayb thts who he is, "emo". and if you say tht he shudnt b what other people want or in this case, don't want him to b, then obviously he is going to b emo cause he wants to.

• Use hot pink. . .pale pink is a no-no for anyone.

Labels suck, a lot though.

• Well hot pink shorts are pretty hawt on emo guys.

What Guys Said 8

• NO, it's not allowed.

Of course you can. Emo is just a buzz word for a particular type of dress style, it shouldn't limit your choices. I mean, you're not restricted to a certain type of garment and in general you shouldn't try too hard to emulate a specific trend.

Style should come naturally to you, it should reflect your personality and not simply what is 'in' at the time. In fact, embracing trends really just blends you into the crowd when your dress choice should really make a personal statement about you, without going overboard of course.you can't really wear a garbage bag and yell out that you like to live carefree.

• Why not? I do that all the time! Going out in just a garbage bag is the greatest. Very freeing.

Ok I'm just kidding. I couldn't resist, lol.

• Hey, I have no problem with it...the cops might need a little convincing though when you get booked for indecent exposure. Actually, I wonder if you could do that legally. I don't imagine why not, but you'd definitely get a few odd looks shot your way.

• why would you want to be emo, its not going to get you girls well the emo ones I guess. I'm not trying to offend you or anything but. What the hell are you thinking? Do you want to cut yourself and sit in a corner and cry all day yeah that's real manly. Dude you want hot chicks don't go emo stay normal like every else, but hey its your choice. Yea they can wear pink shirts as long as its the same one a girl would wear, same goes for the pants too.

• Lol, hot gurls don go after emo guys? you shud c ma hot hot hot!! gurlfriends' emo boyfriends. and anyway if someone is tryin to express themselves and it turns out tht their look fits into a certain style, let it be.

• Sorry but no I have yet to see a smoking hot normal chick go after some rail thin, emo dude who cries all the time and hates life or his life whatever. The only emos who get girls are rock star emos that's it. If my kid was emo I would kick his ass, hell if I was emo I would kick my own ass.

• my question is why are you going emo? What's so cool about emo, is it fun to act sad all the time and wear girl pants and whine about how terrible life is hell man just be normal.

• It doesn't matter what you where on the outside cause you can always be emo on the inside.

• your obviously not being yourself is your asking us what your stereotype can or cannot wear. be yourself and let people call you what they want.although I can't see someone who is stereotyped as to cut themselves wearing pink.

• you are going emo no one can do that either you are or you are not

• You can wear whatever you want and call yourself whatever you want. No one defines you but you.

• I wear Hot pink because it is more unique for being a guy not every guy wears it