Girls, does not wearing a bra causes saggy boobs?

With age all boobs get saggy, but does not wear bras anymore, or wear bralettes and rarely wear supporting bra will cause sagging to happen early? I have b cups, fairly small and often i dont need to wear a bra with my clothing, plus its comfortable but i wonder if it can have negatife impact on my body?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Not likely, I've also read that for most girls not wearing a bra all the time strengthens the connective tissue and ligaments which supports the breasts. Now if you're huge in the breast department you probably need to wear that bra all the time you'd need the support. For a small B, which I am too, depending on the bra, I'm either an A or B, I get rid of the cursed bra as soon as I can when I'm at home, with the right top I'll even venture out without one as well. For me it's not a matter of support in public it's more like not having pokies showing through the top. Be comfortable and wear the bra when you need to.

What Girls Said 10

• Nope! Actually, I read an article about this, and not wearing a bra enables your breasts to become more firm rather than cause them to sag more. We honestly really don't need bras, but it's become a part of our culture to wear them anyway. Don't get me wrong, bras do support the breasts, but they can also cause a lot of discomfort depending on which ones you wear.

• not wearing a bra will prevent the bras from sagging (contrary to most beliefs) since it will make the boob support itself instead of relying on a bra

• Wear a bra too little they will sag, wear them too much they will sag.

• Overall yes, but boob size counts of course; If you are A or B, not wearing a bra for certain periods will have little effect.

• Research showed that wearing a bra actually causes them to get saggy, while not wearing a bra made them sag slower.

• Depends on your size, but at our size, I'm a b too, It's sometimes better not to wear a bra. It depends on my outfit and who I'm with.

• Nope, they'll sag at the same pace with or without a bra.

• I don't think so. I'm 31 and my boobs still aren't saggy... I've never gone a day without wearing a bra, I even wear bras to bed. It's just me personally I can't stand not wearing one. I feel more physically uncomfortable not wearing a bra. I don't know if it's because I'm only a B cup (at the most) that it's worked in my favour that I don't have saggy boobs.

• Actually it is healthier to not wear a bra and they'll make you boobs sag less, unfortunately I can't go without a bra, too big for that

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more