People tell me I dress too modestly? What do you think? (For guys and girls)

I mean, its not like I wear skirts that go to my knees, or that my sleeves go to my elbows or anything!

Ill give some examples: Most shorts/ skirts/ dresses I wear go to about the middle of my thighs (maybe an inch or two longer). As for shirts, I will wear things that cover my chest when leaning over, and that have straps at least as thick as a tank top.

People describe me as being "cute"... But most of my friends tell me that I SHOULD strive to be seen as "sexy" or "hot"...

I'm not so sure though... I mean... I don't think I have the personality of a sexy or hot girl. lol. I'm more sweet and innocent. I think the way I dress shows that I respect my body, and expect others to do the same.

Am I weird for thinking this way?

Are my friends right? Is "cute" not a good way to be perceived?

Please, what's you're opinion?

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• You should wear what you feel comfortable wearing. If you think your clothing reflects the person you are, you know a lot more about you than your friends. If your friends "STRIVE" to look "sexy" or "hot" then tell them to express themselves whatever why they want. You express yourself the way you want to and you certainly don't need to have peer pressure to make you "think" you should be one way or the other.

A big problem with people today is they "STRIVE" to be something they are not and lose sight of who they are. Seems to me you haven't lost sight of who you are. So hold your ground.

What Guys Said 4

• There is nothing wrong with modesty hon. Those who tell you there is are probably wishing they exercised a bit more of it themselves. If you're comfortable in your own skin, no use in going Buffalo Bill on someone and wearing theirs.

• Nah, you're cool. It's a good thing to not dress like a slut.

• Your friends look shouldn't have to be your look dress like you dress.

• Keep it like you are. True sexiness is really really hot!

What Girls Said 5

• You're definitely not weird for thinking the way you do, and from what you described, I think you dress very well and appropriately. Most girls tend to dress way too provocatively and think the more skin you show, the better, when that's not true. I'm amazed that most girls don't seem to get the concept that you can still look sexy without being trashy. Dress the way you want to, and don't let anyone try to change your style.

• Just be yourself. Don't try to be anyone else. Wear what YOU feel comfortable wearing. What you've described sounds totally normal anyway, nothing unusually conservative. There's nothing wrong with not looking slutty.

• hey darling its 100% ok to be modest , you can dress how ever you won't though , though your a girl you should show off what you've got I'm not telling you what to do but maybe every now and then you should try and let loose a little bit with your clothing .. good luck darling no matter how you dress remember everyone is beautiful :) xxoo

• The way you dress is perfectly fine. Your a teenager and should be cute, not sexy. I would also watch out for them so called friend because if they are trying to pressure you about dressing sexy then it is a possibility they will try to pressure you to have sex and if your not ready for that either, then you should find some new friends that would accept you as your are, a beautiful respectable young lady.

• It's not just the style of clothes you wear that can be considered modest, but also the colors. What colors do you usually wear? Colors such as black, brown, grey, white, can be considered modest since they're not that bright.

There is nothing wrong with showing a little skin and being sexy because when you're old (30 and up), you're not going to be able to do wear that anymore. And by sexy, I don't mean outfits like these:

link

link

but rather like these:

link

link