Girls, Ladies: Any advice for applying eyeliner on the top lid?

My left eye always looks great. But when I try applying it to my right eye, it continuously twitches. I've tried pulling it straight out some which works for the left eye, but it doesn't help. It always looks a hot mess. 🙈

I've tried gel eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, felt tip eyeliner, liquid eyeliner.. Same results. It's so annoying!!! My eye just doesn't want to cooperate. I end up having to start over and redo my eye shadow as well.

Anyone else ever have this problem and find anything that helps?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• I found this when I used pencil. I could never get my eyeliner right because it felt like I was scrubbing my eye with sandpaper.

I use kohl for lower lid and liquid for upper lid. Use a nice thick point instead of one of these find ones. It's always easier to over apply and fix with a wipe of a make up wipe than the other way around. Be as gentle as possible, I tend to cross my arms because I can't switch hands. Load up with eyeliner and just be gentle. The more pressure you apply the more your eye will spazz.

What Girls Said 6

• girl unfortunately it's just practice -.- eyeliner has made me swear too many times lol, but once u try get the hang of it, u can relax a little more. i seriously pep talk myself while I'm doing it.

"ok, it's just one line. just sweep it across. one motion, u can do it. just hold your breath [that helps me lol] aaaand sweep"

yeah i pull my eyelid across too.

• Maybe you could apply the eye liner first and try taping your eye down with medical tape. Then apply your shadows afterward. My eyes slam shut too when I mess with them so I get what you're going through, I've just managed to overcome it by using one hand to hold the eye still while drawing with the other hand. The tape won't stick unless your skin is clean so you won't be able to have any makeup on your eye or cheek if you try it. Just do your eyes first so you can wrestle it on without smudging everything else.

• Go slow. You don't have to do it all in one go if you don't feel comfortable with that. Start from the inner corner and work your way to the outer edge as close to your lashes as possible. I've found that drawing it first with a pencil liner and going over it with gel helps prevent mistakes. When you've perfected the thin line, start to slowly expand it to your desired width. Then, if you're doing a wing, take a card and line it up with the edge of your top liner, and draw it out with pencil. Then go over it with gel and fill it in.

• You just have to practice, not much else there is to it since it's like 90% skill, 10% product quality.

• Make a dot with your eyeliner where you want the wing to end, that way it should always look evem.

• Everyone has these difficulties :p Try using eyeliner stencil