Black vs Brown hair? Which one is prettier?

Which one do you find prettier? My hair is dark brown, I like both black and brown and don't know which one to pick.
Girls, is black hair dye damaging?

• Black HairBlack vs Brown hair?
  • Brown hair Black vs Brown hair?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think black hair is generally more attractive on people, as long as it's the right undertone (blue for cold and red for warm) for their skin tone. I have gone black before and it's the easiest color (it's basically impossible to get the wrong shade), but I prefer Lush's henna over most dyes.
    Dyes can be very damaging if you have fine hair or if the dye lacks a conditioning element. Lush henna is very intense, easy to use (there are loads of videos on it), and smells AMAZING. It also conditions beautifully!

• On intersting! Is the lush henna damaging? Is it hard to get rid of the color if you want to go lighter in the future?

• I haven't noticed any damage with it. It's very natural, and made out of herbs and cocoa butter. If you go with a dark color, you have to wait for it to fade naturally and grow out. You can't dye after henna, it causes discoloration (generally green). But, you could use a brown or red henna as a stepping stone to black, if you weren't sure about going dark right away.

What Guys Said 18

• both look great honestly, coin toss. maybe go with what is most maneable because that is a big factor.

• Always depends on skin tone. Pale people always look better with light brown or blonde hair. Tan people always look better with very dark brown or black hair.

It doesn't matter what color her hair is, because if it doesn't seem to match her skin tone - I won't find it attractive.

Since I prefer pale skin, I have a slight preference for the color of hair that matches it best - light brown.

• I think it's very personal... I like black hair slightly more but if I met a sweet girl with brown hair I'd be happy with her :D

• Both are great. Depends on which one goes best with the rest of your features.

• Brown hair.

• lol so much for leaving, i like brown hair more

• Keep with the brown

• Black, I think Brown hair is kind of sucky (I have brown hair). It's like your DNA said “hmm, what hair color should I pick? Oh, I know blonde, wait no black!" But it was too late so we got stuck with both but neither.

• Honestly noth are fine, which ever suits you or you like. I just picked B because ehr hair looked betetr.

• depends on the person and her overall look. I like both

• Brown would be great on you , by the way open your what's app 😛

• It's a tie for me

• Both are gorgeous.

• black for me. natural though.

• Jet black hair if she is pale skinned.
    Lighter brown if not.

• I love brunettes

• I think black suits you more

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• Brown <3

• Both are pretty! and black isn't damaging, especially if you're already dark haired or have deep brown hair. It's difficult to get rid of though.

• Dark brown would look much better.

Black just looks really unnatural and makes your skin look pasty. I'd advise you to stay away from black.

B.

• Brown just because it has more dimension in it and black never has that - highlights...

• Mine is pretty dark, almost black and rn I have light brown highlights in it for summer. I don't know, it depends on what you want. Clearer hair is good for summertime, so I'd say go ahead and put some highlights lol.

• black hair on dudes. ^^

• Brown

• Dark brown hair

• Black hair all the way

• Both are nice

• Depends on the girl the girl belongs to...

• I don't usually like hair that's dyed black. It tends to look sorta trashy or unnatural to me. Naturally black hair can be beautiful though!

So when it comes to hair dying, I'd go with brown hair over black hair. It's less harsh.