Are mixed girls better than dark skinned girls?

so sadly I wasn't born with the ideal look. I have bad hair ( Afro textured hair) and dark skin. For those reasons I feel like I am viewed as unattractive or I need to look mixed if I want to get married. My friends and other blacks people have always told me white people look better and they're overall better than blacks and all African Americans have had hair. ( well manly black women say this) I never had a male tell me I had bad hair because it's Afro textured but to get to the point woman in my life would always tell me mixed people are overall better then black people. The black girl in the picture looks a lot like me on a typical day. Do you guys agree with this? And does the black girl have ugly hair? Because a lot of black woman says she does..

• Yes mixed girls are better
  • No, black girls are better.
  • No race is better then the other

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter. Afros are beautiful and mixed hair is beautiful. Black people have been broken so many times over it's ridiculous. Our own women are convinced that white women look better than them and that their features are ugly. We can't even begin to start to stop shooting each other until we begin to love ourselves. I'm so saddened by the revelations in this question.

What Guys Said 11

• I've never been a fan of afro haired girls, but that doesn't mean ill reject a girl for it. black or white, she has to have a pretty face and body and sweet decent trustworthy personality to get my love.

• wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../frustrated.gif
    Oh my god fam, Bad Hair? Are you serious? What kind of foolishness is that?

Stop confirming to white supremacist Eurocentric beauty standards.

Here's a song just for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBH_e519uY

• No such thing as better, it's just a matter of preferences.

• All combos or pure race can be amazing. Girls are amazing man. Don't be so picky. But yes I am with a mixed girl and she is unreal.

• All women are beautiful to me

• No race is better than the other, though I prefer white women over all. And before you accuse me, I'll even go so far as to say I prefer white women over my own race.

• All of them are beautiful.

• the first and last chicks are retardedly hot.

• mixed betterrrr

• Yes mixed girls are definitely better, it's no question

• well den, thts why u have 4% mho llmfaoo

• @DivaMonae no not ours, it started with chintita and i thought you were agreeing when you agreed

• @hazoplmeught
      Oh okay no. Although I did agree with her about this being a messy thread to begin with.

• I like mixed but I seen plenty of black hotties

What Girls Said 15

• Unfortunately media portrays mostly lighter skinned people or those who look more European. But you are pretty the way you are. You are no less or more than anyone else. I'm mixed and honestly it feels weird, I can't do standard "white" beauty or standard "black" beauty. Without any mixed influence I always felt like an odd bird race wise since I look like a Latina. But from that I've learn my own beauty and that others, whether they fit into a black or white or Asian category or not, should embrace what they have :)

• I think mixed people in general are often the most unique/interesting looking.
    Does that automatically make them pretty? No.
    Does light skin automatically make someone pretty? No.
    Does straight hair automatically make someone pretty? No.
    If you ugly, you just ugly, doesn't matter where you came from.
    That whole "(insert race) girls/guys are better than everyone else"-statement is pure bullshit tbh and usually the ones who claim shit like that are the ones that are gonna drool over the exact people they excluded form their statement when they see a beautiful person of that racial background.

• Reading things like these makes me sad...
    I wonder when this light-skinned/ dark-skinned people war will come to an end. It's ridiculous, we are all the same. When will black people understand this?

Light skinned black girls are not better than dark-skinned black girls. They are not superior.
    Every girl can be beautiful regardless of her skin tone.

And this thing about having "good" and "bad" hair, it's ridiculous. Any hair can be good as long as it's healthy, as long as you take care of it. And no, she doesn't have a "bad" hair.
    I know where this idea comes from, and it's sad that people are still struggling with this.

You need to start loving yourself, accept yourself. I'm sure you are pretty :)

• naw, guys pick the prettier ones despite race

• I dont think the shade of your skin colour should be a determinant of ultimate immediate beauty because it does not! Same with being mixed race too because they'd still suffer from terrible self esteem issues and negative outlook in life.

We were born with a clean mind slate until we allow or forced to be surrounded by low calibre people to put things in our heads into believing what they perceive us as. In hindsight, it is always good to separate the two emotional journeys and decide which way we want to go?

Feel good about the positive aspects in ourselves or drown ourselves in other people's skewered perceptions which is a reflection of themselves but has nothing to really do with the truth of what you are

• I hope you truly don't feel this way. No race is better than another, and there are beautiful women of every ethnicity and complexion. Anyone who says different is an idiot. And you don't need to be mixed to get married. Do a Google search of interracial couples and you'll find gorgeous black, white, Asian, and Hispanic couples. Your friends seem like they have a lot of self-hatred. I recommend getting some new ones.

• Lol I understand how you feel I've been asked a few times "oh are you like mixed a little with something?" And I'm not biracial so I say no, and they say "oh" in a very disappointed tone, I understand how it feels I feel ugly too and some friends of mine who are Asian who have the straight hair and sometimes fairish skin feel ugly and even some biracial girls I know feel ugly so don't be too hard on yourself.

• I don't even know what to say -__-
    Or feel like it's worth it because I have a good feeling you're just gonna say you're not dark skin you don't know what it like...

• First of all, afros are not bad hair. I'm light skinned and I don't have an afro, but I'm still single.

• Everyone could be beautiful and/or handsome. I don't personally think it's a matter of race and ethnicity.

• Neither is better than the other.

• wth... they're both black sooo? never understood the dark skin light skin thing

• Bless your heart, it's honestly such a dumb thing.

• @Summerjonee I which everyone was the same color so we can never talk about it. 😕

• I wish the same thing sometimes I wish people got to chose what they look like so no one would feel unattractive.

• Yes mixed girls are better

• No, far from the truth. It's only idiotic black people that think that. I know it doesn't seem it, but in a few years you won't care anymore. I'm mixed, but I'm dark for a mixed girl I'm like light skin black rather than yellow yellow lol... and tbh, i used to lie and say I was full black when I was younger because I hated this whole mixed vs black thing there was in school. Makes me sick.
    When darker girls take care of their skin, it looks amazing, it has a beautiful glow. And when they've caught the sun, it's even more beautiful as it gets a nice shimmer to it.
    And as for the hair, once you take care of your hair well, it will look good. Bad hair doesn't exist, bad haircare does. Just learn to take care of it and it'll look good. And you can have long hair too.

• Every race is different and everyone has their preference :)