How do you know if you need a new bra?

This is a dumb question but how do you know? My boobs feel uncomfortable in my bra now. It feels unbearable at work and I take it off as soon as I get in my car. I have to massage them after because they do feel painful in those bras. The straps dig into my shoulders and it's not that I need to put it on the loosest clasp. It feels extremely uncomfortable the size I have but the next cup size up is too big. I don't have big boobs at all, I've been wearing my current small size for a long time. But now it's so uncomfortable that I just cannot wait to take it off. Also, not all my boob is in the cup. If that makes sense. A lot of my side boob is just hanging out of the bra.

• Get a bigger size
  • That's how mine are too. Keep these bras

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that means you need to get a sister size.
    Your boobs have grown, that's why they're spilling over and out the sides of the bra cups. Find a bra with a larger band with a smaller cup size. For example, if you're currently wearing a 34B, get a 36A. That's the sister size if you find your current bra too tight.
    A 36A should fit you better without the cups being too big, since a 36A is just slightly bigger than a 34B (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
    You want your bra straps to sit comfortably snug on your shoulders (I suggest a cross- or racer-back if you want freedom of movement without sacrificing stability), and the band to sit horizontal below your shoulder blades.
    Hope this helps!

• If she's spilling out, she needs a bigger cup size, not smaller.

• Then try going down a sister size: 34B to a 32C. From what I heard by trusted bra fitters, using sister sizes fits better than getting a larger cup in your current band size.

• Thanks for the MHO! Hope you find a fitting bra soon ☺️

What Guys Said 3

• Of course you hate bras!! What a horrible device, like some Medieval torture device, for such delightful parts!! Sadly, necessary, lest they dangle, to your waist, in your later years!
    Bras should be comfortable, soft, and enhance your natural gifts!!
    You need to find a professional to get you into the right size, and cup!! You shouldn't be pinched, or hating it, wanting to take it off!! (Lot's of GFs and OK with shopping, gay, just loving ladies!!)

• You need a bigger size but there is a chance you need a different cup with a lower size or something like that, like instead of 36C you need 38B

I don't know how bras work

• Go and get measured probably do not want then popping out

What Girls Said 22

• It sounds like you need a new bra. You shouldn't be in pain at the end of the day. https://youtu.be/8Jk55ep4XUQ

• No way. According to this I'm a D cup. That doesn't make much sense. I'm much smaller than that.

• Well do you want a bra that fits and doesn't hurt or do you want to keep buying bras that will hurt?

Did you listen to the part where she was fitted as a B but she's actually a DD?

• I'm assuming that you've loosened the straps? If not, then see if that helps any, but otherwise, it's definitely time for a new bra. I highly recommend going to Victoria's Secret to get fitted. I just did for the first time, and I was super nervous, but it turned out being fine. They will bring you bra after bra of different sizes and styles, and you'll determine what size and type you need. Maybe you need one without underwire? Maybe you're like me and have uneven sizes? I'm a C on one side and a D on the other, so I needed to get a bra that felt a little too big and tighten one strap to even it out, otherwise it hurt. You don't have to get a V. S. Bra though... Just take what you learn and get any bra you want.

• An upscale department store is better per my girlfriend

• @LaVilaine ahhh. I see. Well, that doesn't seem to be something that would be a problem for the question asker.

• That depends. If she has a really small band and medium boobs (like my best friend), she'll still have a hard time. Though it sounds like she's just wearing the wrong size altogether.

• 2|0
    • How reliable is this? Because I'm wearing completely different than what I've always worn. I'm not anywhere near a D cup and that's what it's saying lol

• Its actually really reliable. Band sizes are different from cup sizes

• Here's what a good bra should do:
    1. Is your underwire sitting away from my chest wall? This means your cups are too small.
    2. Are your breasts bulging out over the top, sides, or bottom of your cups? You should probably go up a cup size.
    3. Is yoour strapless bra slipping down? You need to go down a band size.
    4. Are your straps digging into yourshoulders? You need to go down a band size.
    5. Are your breasts falling to the sides instead of going straight forward? Ditch the T-shirt bra for something seamed.
    6. Is the back of your band riding up? Again, your band is probably too large.
    7. Are your cups wrinkling or gaping? In this case, your cups are probably too large.

Hope it can help :) Here the link.
    www.cosmopolitan.com/.../

• I say go and get yourself professionally sized. Just go into a bra store and ask them to give you a fitting, typically it's free and you'll have a better idea of what size you should be buying.

• Which is best? I went to Victoria Secret and the size is not that comfortable.

• Depends, where do you live?

• The united States

• you need a bigger one... you know when you need a bigger on when its digs into your skin and causes pain

• I find I'm a different size in different style bras and some bra styles don't suit me at all.
    Have you tried getting meaured and if you have room at the back have you tried going up a cup and down a band.
    When you initially buy bras they are meant to fit you on the loosest clasp at the back until the elasticity starts to decrease and you can use the tighter clasps.
    I hope you find a bra that suits you, it's horrible something which is meant to give you support is making you so uncomfortable!

• Get a bigger cup and a smaller band. If you're a 34B now, get a 32C.

• Go to a professional underwear shop and ask advice about the best bra size for your boob type. Explain them what you experience and you will get a good advice.

• You could try getting a bigger band size but you just have to go to a store and trying them on until you find one that's comfortable. Comfortable enough so you won't dread putting them on everyday and maybe comfortable enough that you forget that they're even there.

• You probably just need a different band size or cup style. A bra store (like Lane Bryant) should offer free sizing. They'll usually give you a range with two band sizes and two cup sizes that they would recommend, with the sizes changing slightly between styles (DD in a full coverage, DDD in a balconette). You should definitely get resized and buy some new bras.

• Lol, this sounds like a low key erotic book.

Go get measured and get a new bra :)

• Go to Victoria's secret and get properly fitted. You can get a prppper bra and problem solved.

• It seems that your beasts have grown. And if the next size is too big, try out somes sizes of a differend model.

• You need new bras. They only last 2 years at most, and that's only if you have many others and handwash them only. I suggest that you go and get fitted for your next bra.

• Get fitted, maybe you have a bugger cup size and smaller band size or vice versa.

• I think your problem is the size not the cup, so go bigger on that and keep the cup size you already use. Bras are uncomfortable AF, this is something normal.

• Wait, you message your boobs? Hah

• I think you should get measured and find one that fits

• Your bra is probably a bad share for your boobs. You don't need a bigger side, you need bras of different style.

• You can get the same size if you want just get one o those comfy sport bras.
    Or just try on a bigger size.

• When I can't breath I change of bra or when he's too big