Anyone else notice how men don't get complimented on the same level women are?

What I'm saying is that us men only get dull compliments from women "you're handsome" "you look good" "you look cute" "meh you look alright" "you have a nice body". Women get superior compliments from men and other women "Oh my you're so hot!" "You're absolutely stunning" "You're so beautiful" "You're gorgeous" "You're sexy". I wonder why that happens. Just look at the "How do I look" section and you might see what I'm referring to.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in general, there's a double standard in terms of how women compliment... Nearly every woman finds all other women crazy beautiful, and we are often very cuddly, and excited with other women, even straight women often are. But, with men, most women are very particular, and there are very few men women will say "Holy shit you're crazy hot!" or "Holy crap, he's the sexiest man I've ever seen." too. Usually these men are men that the majority of women would say the same thing about.

Even without trying to be that way, most women are.
    I think women are often seen more attractive than men, and the only way a man can get the same level of compliments is if a women is head over heels for him, or he's Ian Somerhalder level attractive for example.

Not every woman is like this, I'm not, I compliment everyone and their mother excitedly, but a lot of women are.

• I starting to that reason why a lot men don't get compliments from women is because us men are probably not biologically designed to attract women, or maybe women look at men in the same perspective us straight men look at other men.

• Thanks for MHG!

• You're welcome.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are the ones that approach, therefore they need something more to express why they like the girl.
    Girls just need to say something to let the guy know she's interested, but not really anything to grab his attention.

• Do you think the reason why guys approach women is because us men are the less attractive gender?

• Thanks for the MHO

• You're welcome.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah I was at a formal event the other night, and while heaps of the girls received plenty of compliments, a lot of the guys were forgotten or looked over.
    If someone looks good to me, I'll make sure I let them know regardless of gender. (which is why sometimes people assume I'm flirting but I'm just being honest). But it's unfortunate that it isn't more common to compliment guys.

• the reason i don't do it is cuz i don't want them to assume i'm dtf. with people who i know don't care for that, i shower them in compliments. i got too much shit to say.

• Yes yes I have noticed.

• Maybe women are just inherently better looking than men.

• yeah, it's dumb. we can bask in all the compliments but can't return the favor

• There's not much to find attractive about males compared to women...

• yup
    they also dont get objectified or insulted as much... soo

• What would you prefer women call you? Ugly?

• Nope, those "cat calls" in the video are more degrading than they are compliments.

• That how some may feel, I rarely compliment female friends coz of that to, as i am attracted to females as well as guys so its hard but not actually attracted to a female unless i know she is gay or bi or really attractive so even I do at time find gay men as attractive as a straight guy etc but like most sites that are going around these days i absolutely love this site as you can post anonymous and not feel bad for sending the compliments along coz I ain't single though but people are to afraid to comment because of their relationship status or they feel it is wrong to do so while in a relationship etc so many men are insecure of their body's to, which I hate to hear a man feeling worthless coz of how they see them selves and not see the good parts of themselves like some of us do it makes me sad when an attractive man thinks he is ugly.

• I've always thought us men are less attractive than women. In fact I always wonder if women look at men in the same perspective us straight guys look at men.

• That's because this site is full off extremely thirsty boys. You can't use this site as guidance for that kind of thing.

• It's not just from men that compliments come from. Many women tend compliment other women in the same way those guys do.

What Guys Said 9

• That's pretty annoying. Guys tend to get ignored in general unless there's a fairly close setting for a connection to happen. Still I bet there's lots of girls that would still try to censor their feelings. And if you have a girlfriend, there lots if guys still trying to compliment and date her. That's probably why a large percentage of women have cheated. The reason is probably a combination of genetic and cultural reasons. I'd love for that dynamic to change, but I think there's a lot of girls that love the attention and how they can do nothing and get lots of interest and attention. That's understandable though.

• Its because guys are trying to get laid so they blow rainbows up girls asses while girls seldom compliment a guy because they either don't want to appear desperate or don't think guys need compliments because we don't have emotions and shit.

• I get amazing compliments all the time. Maybe you should just stop being shit. ;)

• It's "rape culture"s other half: "coddle culture". Women are meat (!) with feelings that need too be protected. Fragile meat.

• If a woman told me your handsome , she's lying lol
    Natural filters

• I've never thought of it like that, what natural filters though?

• being not handsome , is keeping away women who are shallow and have no personalities

• Now I understand, thanks for sharing an opinion.

• Such is life, women are allowed to trample on us, since the dawn of time, but now with equality, its our time now to fuck these bitches. Women be careful, get ready to be used and abused fuckers

• Women are literally saturated in male attention. Just ask any girl on a dating site what her inbox looks like. They don't really need to make the effort. Kinda a guys fault for not just picking a girl and going after her. I don't know what happened to falling for an amazing girl and having loyalty.

• I agree, plus it's not just on dating sites that women tend to get attention. It's also on regular social media sites according to my female friends.

• Women systematically cock block men. They wouldn't want you getting confident enough to not be absolutely desperate for them.

• Women aren't attracted to men unless they are near perfect looking so most men are meh to them. The amazing looking ones are good to them and the perfect ones are hot to them.