Will guys be grossed out by me for having a hairy stomach?

I have PCOS which causes hirsutism (more body hair) so my stomach is hairy. Long black hairs. I've tried plucking, shaving, waxing, and hair removal cream but it always grows back stubbly quickly, and has left behind very visible scars on my pale skin.
I want to get laser hair removal but it's expensive.

Until then, will I never get a boyfriend because of this? Like if he found out, I feel like it's the equivalent of finding out I'm a man. I feel like I'm not even a girl because of it. 😢

Most Helpful Girl

• I have PCOS, and I have that as well lol. It's soooo annoying! I usually just shave it but my boyfriend knows about my condition so he doesn't care. I would tell any guys about it and if they leave you because of that, they're not good enough for you anyways. Best of luck <3

What Guys Said 8

• Yes. They will. Yeah. Pretty much. I can't see any guy dealing with that. Unless he's profoundly desperate. That's just, not attractive at all. I mean, hair is my turn off, so I don't know if I'm just extrapolating my preferences on to guys as a whole. But I really can't see any guy dealing with that.

Save up the money, budget out some expenses, and get the laser hair removal.

• You will be fine...

• Only girls get PCOS, b it it might be more attractive if you removed it. Waxing once a week should do it.

• I'd need to see pictures to say for sure but it sounds unnatractive.

• Wait? What? I've never heard of such a condition. Man, that sucks and yes it's kinda gross for a woman. Imagine if it was back hair, OMG.

• If your figure otherwise looks hot, a man will overlook it. You can always bathe and shave together.

• As long as you have a pretty face, it wouldn't bother me. You'd have to be a really shallow person to turn someone away just because of that.

• It depends on what kind of guy he is.

What Girls Said 8

• Men are used to seeing hairless women. They don't know what a woman goes through to be like that. Some might imagine that women just don't have any hair on their body, that's why they appear shocked in some of the comments. Having pcos makes it worse, but even women who don't have it, still have hairs. Apart from the obvious places, like feet and bikini area, we have hairs in pretty much everywhere, just on some women it's more noticeable. If you're with him for a long time, he's going to see you unshaved, but if he cares about you he won't mind

• Do you really want to be with a guy who would dump you because of some hair?

• If I were a guy I wouldn't care. You'll find someone, and after all, isn't it better to date someone who doesn't care about those kinds of things?

• maybe letting him know the condition that you have

• Yes. This. Before any kind of activity where the shirt is coming off or a hand is going up it.

• It is disgustying... Sorry...
    But hair removal cream is a good deal it grows back quckly but doesn't all hair?

• I am sorry about that.
    I I think most guys wouldn't like that even if they tell you otherwise. You should probably keep waxing/plucking it if you can't afford laser removal.

• I have hair on my stomach too cause I'm Indian so it's sorta genetic. A lot more people than you think have hair on their stomach only for a lot of people it's blonde so it doesn't show up that much. But I wouldn't worry about it too much because it's more common than you think and besides if a guy really likes you he wouldn't care that much about whether or not you have a little bit of hair on your stomach

• Have you tried to take something to control that? Maybe go to the doctor to see if there's anything you can do