How often do u go shopping to buy yourself new clothes? And how much clothes do you own?

For the last year and a half since getting my job and moving out on to my own flat AV being shopping once a month for new clothes I will spend £100 a month in topshop or more and for me that doesn't sound like a lot when u see all these celebs and there big wardrobes. But I always feel like I have no clothes for some reason despite spending at least nearly 2000 on clothes in the past year and a half. My drawers and wardrobe always seem empty I guess cos I always buy things each month for the sake of having new things and then I end up hating them and won't wear them and just throw them out. I feel like sometimes I get to wrapped up on having new material things and get so down about not having enough clothes but now that me and my boyfriend are paying for holidays and buying new furniture for our flats and all the other expinsive like food shopping and going out and friends and family's birthday and bills am going to have to stop being so wrapped up on clothes. How often and how much will u buy clothes? Also how much clothes do u own? I probs should own a lot more but I throw a lot out. I own 4 pairs of shorts, 4 jeans, 2 leggings, 4 jumper tops, 4 hooded tops,3jackets ,3 shirts, 9 crop tops, 2skirts, 3vest tops, 2bodysuits, 15 normal tops, 1 dungarees shorts, 4 dresses. 3joggey bottoms and 6 sets of pjs. To me that seems so little in comparison to what others own although I always clear out my wardrobe every few months and throw so much out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not very often. Maybe once every other week or so, though I do have some updates I need to do.

As far as what I have? I have four suits, my own tuxedo, about 15 dress shirts, about 25 ties (maybe), two pairs of slacks, two pairs of dress shoes, a sport coat, one pair of jeans (would like to get one or two more), three pairs of shorts, maybe 20 or so shirts, a good number of t-shirts, and four polos.

Most Helpful Girl

• cdn-webimages.wimages.net/...a6262e23ecc14b-wm.jpg

I have waaaaay too many clothes. Some I've never worn. I didn't know how much of a problem it was til recently when I gave up my flat permanently to live with my boyfriend. I was so ashamed. Even the delivery men seemed kinda disgusted that somebody would own so many clothes. I'm not even rich, that's the joke, I'm fricken broke! My clothes, I'm having to go through to put on eBay now because they can't all fit in this new house comfortably.

What Guys Said 6

• I own a lot of clothes for a guy. I am so picky in shops if I like the clothes I am trying on or not and have to go to every shop that might have something I want. I have been doing a lot of shopping at this shop called NZ sale.

• I buy something every couple of months. I'm blue collar and incredibly hard on my clothes. That being said I get every dime out of them. I probably have 15 pairs of jeans but most have wear holes in them. So those get designated as my shop clothes. Same with t-shirts. I have a shitload but most are stained and have holes in them. I only have a few clothes that are in nice condition.

• Not as often as I should, I don't have a wide array of clothing because I was never able to go out much due to work and school. Now that I have my weekends open I need to do a little shopping.

• I go once a year or every two years I own 8 pears of pants, 30 shirts and two pears of shoes.

PS I love skinny jeans, lol

• I spent 80$ on a jacket yesterday. It's going to be very humid for the next little while so I don't know when I'll get to wear it.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• That isn't a little bit, you need to make you have staple pieces that you can make into a rocking outfit. And you'll never feel satisfied if you compare what you have to what others have. Some people have amazing wardrobes are have half of what you own.
    Most of my clothes are hand me downs/gifts. I think I spend less than 50 each 6 months on new clothes. I admit, I have way too many clothes but it's because I never get rid of old things.
    When I watch one of my favorite youtubers I love her channel but her constant hauls are just eh. I like the style of people like Marzia better, she uses her clothes over and over but they're such good pieces, she mixes and matches :) and makes these really cool looks.

• Maybe two times a year for clothes.

I don't like shopping for clothes but I enjoy shopping. So I try to save up throughout the wear and go shopping when my style of clothing are released.

• I don't believe in shopping for new clothes everytime. In fact its quite annoying. And if I do, I rather go to a thrift store and help stop the fast fashion industry which is ultimately causing pollution.

• When I really like something I buy it and I'm clueless how much clothes I own :D I get reckless with shoes though lol.