Girls, how do I fix this foundation?

I recently bought the "one heck of a blot" foundation by Soap and Glory which is for oily skin but when I tried it out, it clung to every tiny bit of dry skin I have, which isn't a lot since I am quite oily. I don't understand since it git quite a lot of good reviews. I've tried application with a brush, sponge and fingers but all are bad. Should I add coconut oil or moisturizer to it to stop this happening? Any tips would help!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know but this seems to be a foreign language to me 😛

• Same. It seems like she's talking about something to do with some kind of thing you put on your skin and the results didn't come out how she wanted it to come out. Then she talked about putting some kind of oil or something to make things moist to make it work better.

• Then some of the girls are saying maybe it is broken and she should return it to the store. Some other people said you should put other stuff before you put this stuff on and then it might work better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just take it back. Most stores have a return policy for cosmetics. It could evem be spoiled. You never know.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 19

• Well you have a few options:

A) Return it

Or B) Change your current skincare routine.

You may need to exfolliate and better moisturize, which I know can be a bit worrisome if you have oily skin. Perhaps try a lotion with oil control that also keeps you hydrated. I also find that using a primer can help smooth out rough patches on your skin. If that still doesn't work, then the product just isn't right for your skin.

• Sometimes foundations that have great ratings aren't great for everyone, however you should try moisturizing those dry spots before you try again! If you're worried about being oily, then you can try using a translucent setting powder after.

• I would just return it. Like if it's not working for your skin just get your money back and try something else.

• Try a face cream on the dry patches beforehand (you should do this regardless of foundation - just for your own skincare). If it keeps happening then that foundation may not be for you.

• Always use a moisturiser or primer before applying foundation.

• If it's for oily skin, it's not going to be compatible with the dry parts of your skin. It doesn't sound like you bought the right make up for you. Products for oily hair and skin are designed to dry up the oily. If there's no oily, your skin and face and hair just looks dryer. You need to return it.

• Try using face primer first, let it seep into your skin. If you have the beauty blender, add very little coconut oil on it and then blend the foundation with the oil on your face. I had the same problems with foundation. Ever since I used face primer, it's made it easier to apply. Just don't rub the foundation, do a lot of dabbing.

• exfoliate and apply a good moisturizer

• Hmm. It could just be the formula doesn't agree with your skin. What's your skincare routine like? Do you exfoliate your skin regularly? People with oily skin (such as myself) have to exfoliate more often than other skin types. So 2-3 x per week.

Also, I've heard sometimes the layers of products people use together don't agree and that can cause clumping. What moisturizer do you use? What do you put on your skin before foundation?

• You shouldn't use it. Return back since it's meant for your skin type and it's not working for you. It sounds like it's a bad quality foundation, get a better one instead.

• Do you shake the container before use? Moisturise and use a primer before applying? Also try exfoliating your face with a glove or a sugar scrub.

• I've shook it, moisturised although I haven't used a primer so I may try that. I've also tried exfoliating!!

• Primers are very helpful, I use the brightening balm by natio, not exactly what it's intended for but works great none the less. I would maybe try find a mattifying primer if you have oily skin

• I will try one, thank you

• use moisturizer before applying it.
    at least on your dry areas.

• It's for oily skin. It's not made for your skin so I'd return it. Adding coconut oil might ruin the formula

• Exfoliate and moisturize. I use clearasil scrubs and aveeno moisturizer.

• Exfoliate and moisturize your skin then use a primer like too faced hangover primer.

• buy another one

• I just think you should swap the foundation and work on your skin care routine

• I'd use a good moisturising primer underneath it.

• The same thing happened to be with nars matte foundation. Also got great reviews. I too have very oily skin especially in the summer and somehow the foundation managed to magnify all my problem areas. I think the best solution is to just return this foundation. Not every one is going to work for your skin. I think you shouldn't have to try so hard to make it work