How important are looks to you? Poll is on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most important.

The question really says it all. How important to you is appearance? Name brands? Cute clothing? Etc. How much value do you place on these things. Vote & comment! xx

Poll is on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most important.

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • 7-8
  • 9-10

Most Helpful Guy

• Rather than voice my lone opinion, you can probably gain more insight by paying attention to the younger couples you see out and about on a regular basis. If you should, you'll notice that the vast majority of them look as though they belong together. Based on this observation alone, we can conclude that looks are very important to most people.

What Guys Said 17

• I would say maybe a 4-5. I mean I like there to be some sort of attraction there, but it is by no means the most important thing to me. Not only that but I really try and find a woman's strengths rather than her weaknesses, and she doesn't have to be all thin, weight is not a big issue with me. I have seen many bigger but very attractive women.

• Looks are critically important, and anyone who says otherwise is fooling you and themselves.

You can tell everything about a person from their looks. Wisdom and intelligence are conveyed through looks. Dignity and bearing, through poise and gesture.

• 10!

I don't want a perfect looking person. Individuality is important. I've been attracted to lots of very different looking girls with very different styles. But their respective looks and styles stood out to me. So I guess what I'm saying is looks are very important, you gotta be attracted to the person your with but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be a stunningly beautiful model.

Branded clothing I don't care about, I don't buy branded, I'm a designer I know the cost of a product triples when it has a certain name/logo on it. The unbranded products are just as good, I refuse to pay a shed load of extra money just for a name. I'd rather be earning money for coming up with the names and designing the logos lol.

• 5(neutral), everyone has there own style so judging ones appearance is sometimes shallow as of materialistic point of view, put more concern in the person then in what there wearing.(as long as they ain't dirty, smelly,and have clean clothes on its all good with me)

• Initial attraction: 9, but if she dresses like a slut then I don't like her.

After getting to know her more: 6, cause then if she has a great personality then I'm really attracted to her.

When things get hot: 8-9 haha

Brands: Really the only people that are gonna care are your girl friends and guys that are total douche bags haha.

• for example , when I look at your pictures I notice you have a lovely hair and dress fashionably. I don't care about what brand is your clothes

• i can't give numbers to these things. Looks are important . You can wear cheap and still look good . As a guy , I never notice any brand names on girls really . what I care is that they look cute and beautiful.

• If we're talking the persons physical attributes I'd say it ranks pretty low 3 or so. If we're talking overall appearance, how they dress and carry themselves, pretty high, around 8 or so.

• I don't care much about looks, you don't have to go all out but I like you to have some what of a style. I am not into name brands so I don't mind if it isn't name brand.

• At least an 8. Most, if not all couples, usually start out with some of attraction for the other.

• looks get me in a relationship and personality keeps me in them

• 8. looks are like first impressions to a guy. I'm not speaking for all guys here, but for me looks are just as important as personality.

• looks are somewhat important, but it's secondary to what's inside

• looks - 10

personality - 10

name brands - don't give a F### at all

How you carry yourself is more important than what you're wearing. If two girls are wearing hollister, and one walks like she's the greatest thing that ever happened to the world - well I'm definitely not going to that one! On the same note, I want someone who has a similar style as me, I wouldn't be interested in some creepy goth chick or something.

• i voted 5-6 because there is stuff that's way more important than appearance, yet is much harder to appreciate if the standards aren't met. many guys would probably say my standards are lower than most, but that's just because I don't compare women to porn stars like they probably do. porn stars aren't even natural looking anyway.

so, in short, as long as looks don't cause me physical repulsion, I will be happy.

• if I'm extremely attracted to a girl's appearance and I don't like her attitude and personality, I immediately lose attraction. the girl I'm currently dating is absolutely gorgeous and has a very energetic, positive, and interesting personality. and honestly... if she wasn't as beautiful as she is, I would have never noticed her great personality. I said 7-8 because I have pretty high standards for looks.

so to sum it up... looks get my attention, personality does the rest.

• Looks- I have to have some attraction..

Personality- Everything.

What Girls Said 5

• how important is appearance? 7 for me. just because if it were 10, it kind of sounds shallow because you're attributing all importance to beauty and that kind of stuff. honestly, there are traits like honesty or a good heart that are way more important than a plastic face. that's my opinion.

• There's a difference between appearance and looks.

I'm assuming that you're talking about how a person is presenting themselves to you, not how physically attractive they are.

• 5-6ish, in no way do they have to be perfect but I have to be able to find SOMETHING attractive about the guy or I'd have trouble when it came to the intimate part of a relationship, and without that it's just a friendship.

• they have to make me a little attracted because I don't want to see them every day and go ewwwww

• he doesn't have to be perfect but he has to be attractive to me. I have to think he's hot and there has to be a spark. if a guy doesn't do it for me then I don't care how good his personality is, I won't want to be with him in a romantic/sexual way. so looks are pretty important, I'll say an 8.