are these regular lipsticks better than...
- Regular pen31% (20)
- Liquid39% (25)
- Both are equally good30% (19)
Most Helpful Girl
Fair warning, I am OBSESSED with lipstick, so, my answer will be a little biased accordingly.
Presuming "liquid lipstick" refers to lip STAINS -- yes?
Lip stains are... well, stains, for yr lips. LOL
The basic idea behind lip stains is that they last for 2.5 forevers, so you don't have to keep reapplying them. Which is true -- I've seen them last 24+ hours, on a couple of my girlfriends.
Annnnd that's basically the ONLY "pro" of lip stains.
Now for all the "cons".
• Perhaps most importantly, they are VERY DRYING.
The base of most lip stains is a mixture of water and alcohol. If you don't have a problem with chapped lips... well, you just might, if you use nothing but lip stains for long enough in a row.
If you DO have a problem with chapped lips, then, fuhgeddaboudit. (In that case, you are better off exfoliating the shit out of yr lips the night before, and then using a high quality matte lipstick on top of a primer that will lock in moisture.)
• Lip stains set in relatively quickly -- including in the area outside yr lips. So, you have to apply them pretty carefully, otherwise you can actually end up "coloring outside the lines" and having the embarrassing evidence show for HOURS.
• But you know what REALLY sucks? Even though they set in fast, lip stains don't dry *all the way* very fast... which means you actually have to wait a few minutes between layers, or else you risk having the stuff goop up or make uneven blotches/lines on yr lips.
In other words, if you are a #supermom who gets ready in under 10 minutes... or are just always #fashionablylate... not for you. lol
• Also, you can't really "refresh" or "touch up" a lip stain. So, if you are a lip biter or nibbler... you might end up with lighter patches in the stain, and you won't be able to touch them up the way you could with lipstick (it'll just make everything even more blotchy -- imagine trying to do this with a coat of paint, and you'll get the picture).
• And, they don't come in too many cool colors.
• Finally, if you are like me, and you like to top off lipsticks with stuff like star powders and glitters... those don't really stick well to stains. On a regular lipstick, with the right primer, those kinds of things can stay put for as long as 16 hours!
I mean... there's a reason why everyone is still wearing lipstick, even though the stains last forever and ever. (pssssst it's because lipstick is BETTER.)2