Girls, Liquid lipsticks? Which are better, regular pen lipsticks or the liquid ones?

Girls, Liquid lipsticks? Which are better, regular pen lipsticks or the liquid ones?are these regular lipsticks better than...

or not?

• Regular pen
    31% (20)
  • Liquid
    39% (25)
  • Both are equally good
    30% (19)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Fair warning, I am OBSESSED with lipstick, so, my answer will be a little biased accordingly.

But:

Presuming "liquid lipstick" refers to lip STAINS -- yes?

Lip stains are... well, stains, for yr lips. LOL
    The basic idea behind lip stains is that they last for 2.5 forevers, so you don't have to keep reapplying them. Which is true -- I've seen them last 24+ hours, on a couple of my girlfriends.

Annnnd that's basically the ONLY "pro" of lip stains.
    Now for all the "cons".

• Perhaps most importantly, they are VERY DRYING.
    The base of most lip stains is a mixture of water and alcohol. If you don't have a problem with chapped lips... well, you just might, if you use nothing but lip stains for long enough in a row.
    If you DO have a problem with chapped lips, then, fuhgeddaboudit. (In that case, you are better off exfoliating the shit out of yr lips the night before, and then using a high quality matte lipstick on top of a primer that will lock in moisture.)

• Lip stains set in relatively quickly -- including in the area outside yr lips. So, you have to apply them pretty carefully, otherwise you can actually end up "coloring outside the lines" and having the embarrassing evidence show for HOURS.

• But you know what REALLY sucks? Even though they set in fast, lip stains don't dry *all the way* very fast... which means you actually have to wait a few minutes between layers, or else you risk having the stuff goop up or make uneven blotches/lines on yr lips.
    In other words, if you are a #supermom who gets ready in under 10 minutes... or are just always #fashionablylate... not for you. lol

• Also, you can't really "refresh" or "touch up" a lip stain. So, if you are a lip biter or nibbler... you might end up with lighter patches in the stain, and you won't be able to touch them up the way you could with lipstick (it'll just make everything even more blotchy -- imagine trying to do this with a coat of paint, and you'll get the picture).

• And, they don't come in too many cool colors.

• Finally, if you are like me, and you like to top off lipsticks with stuff like star powders and glitters... those don't really stick well to stains. On a regular lipstick, with the right primer, those kinds of things can stay put for as long as 16 hours!

__

I mean... there's a reason why everyone is still wearing lipstick, even though the stains last forever and ever. (pssssst it's because lipstick is BETTER.)

What Girls Said 21

• I like both.
    Regular lipsticks make my lips feel more moisturized and all. However, I have to reapply them more often, they fade faster, plus have to deal with the whole issue of lipstick stains on cups.

Liquid lipsticks are great in that I only have to reapply them maybe 1-2x throughout the day, granted that I don't go out to eat. They may be a bit harder to apply but... it stays. You don't need to reapply half as often as with lipsticks so you meet in the middle. Plus, I love how I can reapply my lip-balm overtop whenever my lips get a bit dry whenever I please.

• I think regular pen because I've noticed sometimes if my lips on the inside are a bit too wet the liquid lip stick will make it very obvious.

• I like using the liquids more often just because the color stays longer and it doesn't smudge as much. BUT, they make my lips feel pretty dry and I'm not a fan of that. Lipstick feels better and usually has a more appealing finish, but it also likes to migrate onto teeth, hair, other things, other people...

TLDR; I like both pretty equally, but they each have their moments for when one is better than the other.

• As long as it's matte I like both equally.

• I prefer to use lip liners and then apply liquid lipsticks. Even if they're not matte ones, I just prefer the texture.

• i use both

• I find it so hard to get a nice shape with the regular lipsticks. I almost always go for the Revlon liquid lipsticks "ultimate colourstay" that I can eat, drink and sleep with and it would look the same love it ❤️💋

• Bullet lipsticks are easier to apply but I feel like they are more difficult to build up if they are a little sheer. I swear by the $1 Matte liquid lipsticks you can get off eBay and Aliexpress.

• I don't use lipstick a lot (I prefer my lips "au naturel"), but when I do, it's always the regular ones. They don't irritate my skin as much as gloss.

• Personally I prefer the traditional old fashioned lipstick in a tube.

• I like liquid, not into the pens. Or the matte ones, feels like my lips are dry.

• Liquid lipsticks last way longer than normal lipsticks do

• I prefer regular, I don't like the feel on my lips from liquid

• It all depends on what YOU prefer really. And it also depends on the brand. I'd say try out some!

• I prefer normal lipsticks just because of the texture.

• Personally I prefer regular lipsticks, purely because they are so much easier to apply.

• Liquid mattes are my fav.

• Depends on what your referring to. Pigment? Longevity? Texture?

• I like lip stains because the color sinks into my lips. I feel like lipstick just sits on top my of lips

• A girl is never too old for make up <3

• regular or crayon