Why do some people not like pixie cuts?

I just simply want to know the reason why. The last time I asked this I was insulted and there was a lot of shit in the opinions so please, as calmly as you can, tell me why some people do not like the short hairstyle on girls. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't speak for all men, but personally, I prefer long hair because it looks feminine while pixie cuts look like my little brother's hair.

A person can obviously control their hair to some degree under normal circumstances; A pixie cut is a choice that makes a woman appear more masculine. As such, I don't really find it pretty. Pixie cuts are also closely associated with modern feminism, which is also something of a negative to my way of thinking.

To sum up: the pixie cut feels like a rejection of a degree of femininity, and that's a turn-off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some girls can really pull it off, but I almost always prefer longer hair myself. I've just always preferred the look of longer hair, even on guys (although not too long), and I'm not sure why. There's never really been a reason, longer hair is just more appealing to me and always has been.

I personally could never be brave enough to cut my hair into a pixie, although I had a boyfriend who really wanted me to. My hair is moderately curly and gets curlier the shorter it is cut, so it would not only look like a Brillo pad, but I don't feel like I have the features to pull off really short hair. My hair is my most complimented feature too, and I have a nervous habit of playing with it, and would probably freak if it was gone, haha!

What Guys Said 18

• Shorter hair is more associated with looking like a boy. Boys have short hair, girls have long hair. Most guys are naturally attracted to women with long hair because long hair is more feminine or "womanly". Pixie cuts are more associated with punky girls that do not want to look like regular women. Pixie cuts are also very popular within the lesbian community.

• Why is long hair more feminine or "womanly"?

• Anyway, ... and... short hair is less attractive to most men. The end.

• I am in both camps - I like long hair and short hair - Unfortunately sometimes on this site, things become black and white and people are strident in their opinions without realising it is someone feelings - I had a look at your profile pic and your hairstyle suits you - Important thing is if you like it that is the main thing and we in Ireland have a saying "Hump the Begrudgers" for anyone who wants to bring us down.

• I'm from Ireland too and I have never heard that saying but think I'm going to start using it a lot now haha

• as they say, "you can't eat a flag for breakfast"

• I don't like it cause it usually looks like your missing some of your hair. Many people don't like it because it is very close to the punk looks of the 70s or 80s.

• Some people call it a lesbians hair cut.

I like the look depends on how it looks on the individual girl.
    With me it depends on the individual girl and how she looks and if suits her with most things.

Her ink and where it is and what it is
    Her piercings what and where.
    Clothes etc

• www.gamepark.cz/pictures/00/18/74/187406.jpg
    When you look at her, I think a lot of people will change their opinion about short hairstyle 😉

• It just doesn't look right. girls hair grows faster and longer than men (generally) Which is why literally from the beginning of time girls have always had long hair. Please don't tell me about guys having shorter and shorter hairstyles overtime I get it. (If you don't know what i'm talking about don't ask) But My overall point is that that's how I've seen girls forever thats how girls ll over the world do it. I've never seen it before and it just looks masculine since the two kinds of people I've ever seen with hair like that are men and super lesbians and this one drug addict I used to live near. (NO that's not a knock at anyone)

At the end of the day to each their own but I don't think it's sexy because it looks masculine to me.

• @Telekinetic-Potato thanks for explaining that to me and I respect your opinion

• I simply like longer hair more.

but I'd never insult someone because of it. your hair, your decision, idc what you do with it

• It's just not what I find beautiful when it comes to girls.

I can still find a girl with short hair attractive but I just wonder how much better she would look with long hair. That's me I guess.

• I just find longer hair more beautiful.

Also there's a pretty high chance that a girl with a pixie cut is lesbian.

• Since I'm a lesbian and do have a pixie cut I can confirm that some are definitely gay haha

• @Allebana same all of my gfs had long hair too lol I guess the hairstyle attracted them XD

• hahah maybe, I like my girls girlish 😻 lol

• They don't look good, even on pretty girls. Only Claire from House of Cards can pull off short hair, and that is a fact of life

• I think it can look good on certain girls if they have the right face for it!

• The vast majority of women look horrible with short hair.

• i love long hair on women it is a turn on for me. short hair is a turn off.

• It's because they're ugly.

• i hate short hair on women. Just dosnt look right, and its not attractive at all. I can't think of any specific reason, but when I see it I just shake my head.

• What's the shortest hair you'd like on someone though? Maybe a bob or would it still look too... not right

• Lol they insulted you haha

• Personal preference I suppose. I think everyone looks better when their hair is longer

• Pixy cuts are sexy when done on the right person. both face and body type plays a roll on weather or not a pixy cut will look good

• just too manish looking

What Girls Said 12

• Eurocentric beauty standards. Which is such a stock answer but it's true. Women are "supposed" to have long hair, for some ridiculous reason or another. Short hair on women is another part of the war on heterosexuality! It's all very silly. I have very short hair. Short hair is highly valued in lesbian communities :P

• So true, anything to break standards tho ahaha. plus short hair makes dating girls a little more easier

• yup!! It's like sending up a flare to all women who love women, lmao.

• Why do some people not like pizza? Or chocolate? Or rollercoasters? Or dark hair? Or green eyes? Or black clothes?
    It's a preference, people have them. Not everyone can like the same things. Some people think pixie cuts are attractive and cute, others think they're unattractive and unfeminine (since long hair is usually seen as more feminine than short).

• I just think it looks masculine on some girls, I prefer long hair
    I cut my hair once, not a pixie cut, I shaved my head hahaha I'd never do it again I don't know it made appreciate my hair even more I guess

• I prefer longer hair. But insults are unnecessary. It's your hair and doesn't affect me.

• I love women as much if not more than men. Personally I'm attracted to very feminine women, girly girls if you will. Most of the women I date have long hair, wear makeup, dresses and like looking like a woman. However I have found on a few occasions that a woman with a pixie cut and wearing makeup and a dress to be cute enough to engage in a lesbian affair with.

• to some people it looks masculine that's why

• Some people think that short hair on girls makes them less feminine and attractive, or that it shouldn't be done. I actually prefer having my hair short and I've been called a dyke, mistaken for a man, and criticized for it.

• I am here to support short hairstyles for girls, they are cute as heck and very nice. So i don't get why some are hating

• i think you have to have a certain face shape to have them and i love them

• I just don't like them! I have no idea why, but they're definitely not for me!

• Some people don't like them so what? Not all people like long hair too.

• Personal preference! I could never pull off a pixie cut, but I think they are adorable and if I could pull one off I would...