How come many Asians and people from Africa have such great skin?

Most Helpful Guy

• We take regular milk baths with rose conditioned by rose petals. But it's probably in the genes, many people look how they do today because of past evolution. Take hooded eyes, they're how they are to protect the eyes against the harsh environment these people used to live in.

Most Helpful Girl

• For Asians, a few reasons.

> Many Asians aren't huge fans of staying out in the sun too long, let alone tanning for darker skin.
    > Asian diet generally consists of low fat/oil and hardly any processed food.
    > Asian cultures generally place an emphasis on beauty products, take Korea for example.

As for Africans, I'm not too familiar with their kind of diet and culture, but darker skin hides blemishes better than lighter skin, so that plays a role to some extend.

• 11d

Huh?

I'm sure Asian cuisine has got to be the MOST oily kinds of food there is? (Especially Chinese ones)

What Guys Said 10

• The Asians are specialized in it, those products and all that, the make up, they know what's best ^^

• That's bullshit

• I haven't noticed black girls having a better quality of skin. But for Asians it's all the skincare products they use.

• Lotion

• because you are making a huge, misguided generalisation is the only answer i can think of

• Healthy activities maybe.

• I once had a Vietnamese girlfriend who had spots all over her skin, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm white. I think my skin is good.

• Really? I don't see that

• Who knows?

• Massive and obsessive moisturizer use.

In the case of Asians add in paranoia of tanning.

What Girls Said 12

• Firstly all the people saying that people from Africa have great skin because it's so dark... I'm a pale as hell white girl born in Africa and yes, white people live here. I hate the stereotype the Africa is made up of one race, we call South Africa the rainbow nation for a reason.

Secondly, its make up.

• They eat their foods made from scratch and tofu n coconut water n foods (hydrates the skin) is good for skin in general

• because of dem genes :p

• Melanin in the skin helps prevent sun damage from setting in so soon. The end.

• They understand the necessity of moisturizer.

• I'm a Asian girl. I don't have great skin but because of the humidity we age slowly?

• My grandpa is Chinese and does not live in a humid environment. He still has aged slowly.

• @LaVilaine umm then I don't know lol because we have chubby cheeks? Hahahahah i have no idea but i do try my best to take care of my skin.

• Superior genetics? Who knows? But he's 76 and still looks great!

Always moisturize~*~*~

• Melanin and healthier diets.

• Genetics

• I'm so jealous :o

• That depends

• I never noticed it...

• All things great and beautiful comes out of Africa, don't care who wants to deny it, yes they have perfect skin.