Have you tried mac lipsticks?

I bought mac ruby woo, it's a matte vintage red, which rates 4.4 in makeupalley. But on its own, without any lip pencil or powder it doesn't last even half an hour and I paid around 25 euros for it!! How's that possible?

Have you tried mac lipsticks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Surprisingly no.

• boys don't wear lipstick? that's surprising!

• I know right, and you probably thought we did. See you really do learn something new every day.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like mac makeup products i use them myself
    I use them in my salon

• I like mac products too! That's why I feel so bad about the lipstick..

• Thanks for mho
      Did you go see mac and see what they suggested for your dilema?

• you're welcome! I'm in vacation, I 'll ask when I get back. I thin it happens because it's too drying

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 24

• i LOVE them. mine last but if I'm eating or drinking they obviously dont. i just take em with me and touch up if i need to. I don't know what 25 euros equates to but here in as they're $36, so yes they are pricey.
    i also add lip liner on the days i wanna make the lips pop a little more. the colour i get complimented on every time without fail is velvet teddy. if u dont already have it, i highly recommend.

• I have the Russian Red one. Its almost completely finished. 😢 It does sit on for a long time on me. If I don't eat. Its like that with every single lip product I have. As long as I eat something it will come off.
    So yeah, this will be the only mac lipstick i will ever own because its honestly pretty pointless when other lipsticks of lower price do just as well, if not better sometimes.

• Ruby Woo is my faaavvvee. Looks so good on all tones and is such a true red. Howver, the formula is really drying. I don't have the issue with it coming off, but I usually put a gloss over it to help with the dryness. Maybe that helps with the wear of it too..

• the color is fabulous indeed! Maybe it comes off because it's too dry on me? but if I put gloss over it, the color might change

• @LaurenGrace a matte finish was the first thing I tried, as I didn't want to much shine for a daytime look. I still had an issue with dryness, but everyone is different so this is a possibility too.

• Yeah hard to know over the internet. as a professional in the industry id have to see in person to know which way to handle it.
      I love the Ruby Woo myself

• I have tried Mac brown lipstick in the shade film noir, I love its texture so far even though it's a bit drying. I haven't worn it long enough to judge if it lasts well. The reason I put it on and remove it after a short while is because I find the color a bit intimidating, it's too brown and dark, I look goth wearing it. I wear it just for fun, lol. I randomly found in class and decided to take it. I didn't purposely chose it, I was just curious about the quality of a Mac lipstick. I love how Mac has big variation of lipstick shades, I'm definitely looking forward to buying a few.

• If the contrast makes you look good wear it! And as far as I know everyone wears all kinds of different lip colours lately. In the winter everyone was wearing deep brown and burgundy, even black, while some years ago it would be too odd. Pastels and nudes are also worn a lot, even though I don't see the appeal

• Never had any trouble with them! Look at where it came from, is it an authentic piece? If so, you could prefer other brands? I've tried NYX and L. A. Girls which are good and affordable too!

• it's from a mac store. I wore it today and after half an hour it started chipping on the inside

• Ah that sucks. Sometimes it helps to just do two layers, not too little, not too much. If you're fine with it, you can try putting on lip balm? Heard that it sort of help to sustain the color. Otherwise, you can check out some of the other brands? I've heard Colorpop is great, but never tried that before.

• I bought a long lasting lip pencil and I 'll see how it goes, or else I 'll look at another brand

• nope (because its unavailable here lol) but am not into high end makeup anyways,,... i prefer my drugstore makeup

• It's the first time I give so much money on lipstick, and really I feel like my 5 euros lipsticks are better

• well.. we all learn from a mistake we made... next time.. stick to drugstore makeup

• No, I like the Too Faced collection and Jeffree Star, but I haven't bought a Mac lipstick.

• I haven't used that lipstick but Go back to the mac makeup consultant at the store and ask her opinion. They're usually pretty knowledgable.

• I love the Fashion Revival one! It's kind of a deep raspberry color, and a beautiful matte formula. I think of it as being like a pink that has all the drama and glamor of a red.

• No, I don't wear lipstick, I use colored lipbalms instead. They seem to last longer and don't look as gaudy and goopy.

• I used to work for MAC. Try using their lip primer and pair it with the lipstick.

• MAC lipsticks are so gross, I can't believe I bought one. They have bat feces inside of them.

• How do you know that?

• My sister does a lot of research when she wants to buy skincare or makeup and found out that MAC uses bat feces in their products.

• Nope

• Nope.
    For high end makeup, I spend my money on eye shadow. I'm cool with normal lipstick.

• I thought that if you have a good eyeshadow primer, you can use cheap eyeshadows above it

• I had already tried them and I adore them. Their usage is so easy and I think even if they're not cheap, they are great. If you are brown, I can recommend you to buy "Taupe" one. It looks so good

• I tried that. My sister and her friends love that one.

• Yes, it a fan of the matte. I like the creme ones

• I like mac products too

• Maybe they didn't give you an original one
    That's impossible

• No, but I REALLY want one in the shade Persistence.

• Lol sucks :p
    I really like clinic's
    And they last

• Hi. Ruby woo is so nice, it looks good on everyone. I don't think it comes off really fast, it usually lasts me 3 hours until I wipe it off. The reason it's that expensive is because you're also paying for the brand's name, if it were brand that wasn't as well known as Mac it'd probably be cheaper.

• the colour is awesome but I didn't like the dryness, I think that's why it chipped so easily

• I used to. They never last on me. I have a nasty habit of licking and biting my lips so...*shrugs*
    Also, I don't buy expensive shit anymore.
    I made a promise to myself.