Best Hair Supplements?

Girls (or guys with amazing manes) do you have a great hair supplement that you use? I'm on the quest to get fabulous hair again and do a lot for my hair but fall short here.
Thanks in advance!

Ok. I wash 2 to 3 times a week and use organic non sulfate/non paraben shampoos and conditioner. I only use heat once a week or so. And I do a coconut oil mask weekly. 4 times a year I get a Brazilian blowout

But I need a good supplement. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Time for you to downvote me XD. The best hair supplement is blondfrogs feet oil I hear it works wonders it has a very good smell to it too. Can even grow extra hairs you never had before fast acting supplement works within 24 hours or your money back not guaranteed.

Most Helpful Girl

• MOST importantly, DO NOT USE HOT WATER to wash yr hair.
    If you are currently guilty of using hot water (I know, I KNOW...), this might be the only change you need to make -- and it doesn't even cost anything. So, try that first, if you haven't already.

__

I've gotten noticeable results from the Mudslide hair mask and the Bay Breeze hydrating "shots". (Both of these are Drybar brand, but I got them as samples from Sephora.)

If you have dry-hair problems especially (which living at altitude in a dry climate you probably do), the Bay Breeze "shots" will probably make a noticeable difference for you.
    They had them as a 100-point reward at Sephora for a while, mb they still do if you ask. (Or mb they'll just give them to you -- honestly, this is how I get 90% of my hair products and 100% of my skincare products, by just smiling at my fav store associates and being like "So y'got any of those you can spare?")
    The Mudslide smells a lot better, but for me it didn't make *quite* the immediate difference.

I've also used a leave-in conditioner from... Victoria's Secret, of all places. Marginal difference, but it was only like 5 bucks.

Ironically, I'm about to stop giving as much of a shit, because I'm cutting my hair short at some undetermined point later this year. (:

__

I have a girlfriend who's a horse trainer, who also has THE longest most luscious hair I have ever seen. Past her ass, and she literally looks like a hair commercial -- even when she's just been out sweating all day with her hair up (and she lives in central Florida, so she sweats a LOT).

I asked her what her secret was, and she told me that she actually uses her horses' shampoo in her own hair. Including leaving some of it in.
    •___•

I don't know how I feel about this. But, if you are interested enough, I could ask her for a brand name and/or how to acquire it. Just lmk.

• Yes i heard of a youtuber saying this shampoo is sold in Canada

• Yeah I had short hair once before. When I was pg with my firstborn, decided to just go all out and zap it with a no. 4 clipper, Natalie Portman style (ended up looking a lot like hers when she had it short).

Was a cool experience, all in all. First time I stepped out in a dress, I could definitely *feel* the difference in how people looked at me -- it was as though they were looking directly at my attitude, rather than at my hair/body/what have you. It's hard to describe, but, it's definitely a thing that happened.
      And, the "feedback" from mah man ahhahahah... mmm. (Actually, he was the one who cut it all off that time -- so, the whole thing had a whole extra, secret element of "ownership" to it, too.)

Srsly tho... I don't want to fuck with extensions. And if you knew how Godawful I look with shoulder-length hair (and the, um, incentives I have around here for cutting it short), you'd take back that "daring" comment. (: But thanks for the kind words! <3

• I wonder who is downvoting all the girl comments 😂😂

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 17

• hey belle.
    i dont use supplements. i use oils and they worked like a treat. my hair was shoulder length 2 years ago. what i did was use a combination of oils such as almond, olive, coconut or argan oil. in addition to that, id do my hair in plaits a lot at home because i think that activates the hair follicles or something. id also massage my scalp upside down.

i still use heat often and i wash with normal shampoo or conditioner, but it's those things mentioned above that make my hair better than what it was. plus it's nice and shiny which is great!

• You have amazing hair. I love it!
      I love coconut and argon oil but haven't tried the others. I definitely will.
      Thanks for the advice!

• thanks sweetie xx
      ur welcome!

• Hey there lovely. I'm sad to hear that you're making the decision to leave GaG. (I'm definitely sure I'm not the only one who's said something) I hope everything is ok in your end. I'll miss seeing your pretty face around GaG.

Question: I kind of source this out from India lol this is what I use and it does wonders
    Bajaj Almond Drops Non Sticky Hair Oil With Vitamin E
    www.abnfinest.co.uk/.../...row-fast-hair-200ml.jpg
    Just add 3-4 drops in your hands and really massage it into your scalp. It smells strong.. But if you love the smell of almonds it's not going to bother you at all lol

• I do love the smell of almonds! Especially if the are roasted and covered in cinnamon 😂
      I'll miss you too. And thank you 😘

• I hope all will be ok for you lovely 😍❤️😘💋

• get some biotin (5000mg) and also some cod liver oil caps

• I always just take those Hair Skin & Nails gummies in the morning. They work pretty well for me I think.

• Castor hair oil makes you hair thick and long. You can also put it on your eyebrows and lash line at night to get them thicker, fuller and longer. Biotin pills along with this and you'll be good to go.

• I am marking this

• I use tresemme shampoo and conditioner. I also like to put coconut oil in my hair once or twice a week.

• i use sulfite-free shampoo and conditioner

• Well I I started using a biotin shampoo and pills xD

• Olive oil and coconut oil and wash your hair sparingly. I do it twice a week.

• Honestly probably silica or biotin!

• Coconut oil is supposed to be amazing for your hair.
    Biotin supplements are good for hair and nails, but I don't wanna take a supplement. I'm sure it works though.

• Biotin, made me break out but my hair was glistening and it grew. My hair just looked like a famous movie star. Too bad I can't take it anymore :-( I'm allergic.

• Oh that sucks!

• Yeah it does but maybe it'll be better for you. If you do decide to buy biotin make sure it's not gummies, (not as effective) also male sure it's 500mcg of the pill and not 10,000mcg, (that's too much).

• So good to know. Thank you!

• Biotin with keratin supplement pill.

• I take prenatal vitamins. They help my hair and nails grow, and keeps them strong.

• Castor Oil and Renewing Argan Oil of Morroco Intense moisturizing treatment for my long locks.

• I could not get over the feel and smell of castor oil! But I hear it's great.

• It is amazing! It is what made my hair super healthy and long! Their is also castor oil capsules you can take that can do the same thing!:)

• Awesome. I will definitely check them out!

• Hello you're doing great so far!

First might I add.. Everyone is biologically & chemically wired differently so what may work wonders for 1 person may have adverse reactions for another. Good job on limited heat use, I use coconut oil 3-4x a week. Take vitamin E supp, Omega 3 supp, Niacin, every AM. Drink a ton of water. Watch my diet, plenty of walnuts & greens.

Im not on the Biotin "train" as it causes my hair to dry & break & also causes cystic acne. (Everyones body processes differently though). I advise against prenatals unless 1 is pregnant as 1 can actually get too much of something which can not be good for HSN.

MSM is also a good supp for hair & joints.

(Cosmetology school & Nursing school, also suffered from Alopecia since the age of 9) Tried it ALL! Those things work best for me!