You are most able to get into a relationship if you're not looking for one?

From what I hear you are most able to get into a relationship if you're not looking for one. How does this exactly work, because I always thought that as a guy I would have to intentionally look.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you are looking for someone to date, that means to are desperate to see qualities in the opposite (or same) sex, qualities that they might have in little quantities or none at all. You see only what you like about a person, or what you could potentially like, and you don't see or accept anything bad about them, at first. So, if you start seeing someone like this, you will eventually see the side of them that you ignored when you first met them. More often than not, once people see the previously ignored side of someone, they don't like it, and so then people constantly try to fix the person to who they think they met at first. Now, on the flip side, if you are not looking for someone, you will see both some good and some not so good things in them when you first meet them. So don't look, and you'll be in a better place after you meet someone.

What Girls Said 1

• Very true for me..I found my boyfriend when I wasn't even looking..meaning that I kept doing my own thing and not worry about boys..not even flirt lol...he just came out of nowhere..

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, that statement is so true. If ur looking for a girl, ur not gonna find one. But if you don't expect to find one, she will appear out of nowhere.

• Its been true for me, when I quit looking that's when a girl finds me.

• That is the thing wouldn't I end up having to ask the girl out, thus still kind of looking?