Would a leather jacket be a good gift for my girlfriend on her birthday even though is the summer and out of season?

My girlfriend is into fashion and dressing nice. One thing she doesn't have in her wardrobe is a leather jacket even though I've herd her say she's Wanted one. (She said this not asking me for one but saying it to her friend who has one.) I have a thought a leather jacket would be something she would like because it's a luxury clothing. It will last for years. It will ad an edge to her outfits. And a leather jacket can go with things like casual jeans and tshirt, or with a formal dress. I was looking for something that looks kind of like a black biker jacket with no writeing on it, with sleeve cuff zippers, and lapels. I found one or something she would like. It's about $500 but it looks really nice and it looks like something really nice to go with her outfits. Her birthday is two weeks from today, but it will still be in the summer and not something she would wear for a few months. Should I get her one even though its still the summer. If I give her one now she can wear it all fall and winter this year. Also think it's good and something to last for years because 10 years From now she can remember that I got it for her.

• It's a good gift even though it's summer.
  • It's a bad gift because it's summer.
  • A leather jacket is a bad gift.
Would it be good idea if I gave it to her by telling her to close her eyes and hold out her arms, then I put the leather jacket on her, and place her in frount of a mirror and tell her to open her eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• A nice classic leather jacket is an excellent investment. Who cares if it's summer -- if it's a well-made jacket, it will last her for YEARS.
    I have a few leather jackets that I've worn literally over a thousand times, and they're still in excellent shape. (Of course, I'm married to a man who does professional leatherwork, so, to say that our fine leathers are well taken care of -- and well protected against the elements -- would be an understatement.)

So... Yeah -- If you've heard her saying she wants THIS SPECIFIC JACKET (or one VERY close to it), then, it will be a nice gift.

Just make sure it's returnable, though.
    The sizing and fit of fine leathers is a VERY precise science. Even within a given brand, different jackets fit differently -- so there is guesswork involved. Also, some jackets just don't fit some women very well, because of their body types or proportions (an issue that a good tailor could help with... but, that'd be $hundreds more).
    So... If she doesn't have the chance to try the jacket on, the possibility of disaster looms. lol

Also, one more thing, which she might not know (and you might not either) if she doesn't have any fine leathers yet -- A NEW leather jacket SHOULD ALWAYS FIT A LITTLE TOO SMALL.
    Basically, the correct size is the smallest size that she can physically get on her body and zip up -- even if she literally can't cross her arms in front of her body at first. Over weeks and months, it will break in, and look fantastic. A NEW leather jacket that's "comfortable" IS TOO BIG, and will fit like absolute shit after a number of wears.

Do you have a link to the specific jacket, by any chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Her birthday is once a year in the summer but she will appreciate the gift that can be used at different times in the year - It doesn't have to be season appropriate - If you brought her a nice piece of jewellery and she said I am going to keep that for special nights out not everyday, would you feel awkward no you would be happy she really liked it.

• Thanks for MHO

• Sure.

• 21d

Yes, it’s an amazing gift, because birthday is coming once in a year and your gift may she use in winter as needed. I also gifted a leather jacket to my girlfriend last year. Leather Jacket was amazing with good quality, it was provided by an online store “A1fashiongoods”.

What Girls Said 20

• I'm just gonna throw this out there... You seem like an awesome boyfriend. I am the same way as your girl when it comes to fashion. I prefer to dress myself up nicely. I just like the way it makes me feel, being well dressed... I have a leather jacket and I bought it for the reason you want to get her one. It goes great with everything and adds edge. I also feel very uncomfortable requesting things, so for someone to know my fashion sense and get me something they knew I wanted, would make me feel so special, so I definitely think that she will feel the same way. :)

• Thank you for saying i'm an awesome boyfriend. Good to know someone like her thinks this is a good idea.

• It's an amazing gift. And if her reaction is anything short of grateful or elated than she's clearly not the right chick. Honestly it's not about how much you spend or if it's in season... it's the thought that counts! You thought about her enough to buy her a gift. And you felt she deserved it so you spent $500. I'm sure she'll appreciate it very much because it came from the heart 😁😊

• A leather jacket is timeless.
    Yeah, she may not be able to wear it now, but when she does she'll probably stay in it for a long time. So... I say go for it. =)

• good choice but one problem is there is many different styles for girls and it may be a good idea to see if a sister of hers or a good friend would go with you to get it.

• Okay i'll get one of her friends help. Thanks for the advice.

• Let her know that you remembered how she liked her friend's jacket so you brought it for her. She will love it.

• She would love it! Especially if she is into fashion. It sounds like you are being very thoughtful about this, and she will appreciate that. Good luck!!! 😊

• Honestly I would buy it now (cheap summer prices) but give it to her at Christmas and find her something else for her birthday.

• It is a great idea, she will love it, I know its not going to be thing best thing for her during summer but I guess if she happens to be out late at night out side when it gets quiet cool at times, there is definitely plenty of days in the year when it is colder than hot. And at least it is something that she wants.

• a jacket will forever be a good gift

• leather jackets are sooo cute😍 I love them!! But it honestly depends on her style, like I wouldn't mind getting one in the summer because I'd just wear it in the fall and winter like it's not a big deal you know? You can also get her a bomber jacket maybe? I think that's what they're called but I still like leather jackets more.

• It's going to cool down eventually... If she likes leather and she wanted a bomber jacket or a moto jacket or whatever, it's a good gift.

• unless is a jacket she have been waiting for to buy, i say its a bad gift due that its not something she doesn't need right now. It will be sent to the closet and you or she won't see it again until its needed and the spark of the gift will be gone.

• I love leather jackets of course it is a good gift :)

• Its a nice gift many guys wear it in the summer and I seen girls wear it in school ☺

• If she loves it she will probably find an excuse to wear it :)

• It's a really thoughtful gift but that's pretty expensive for a birthday I think.

• But when should I get it instead if not her birthday.

• Girly1710, if it's expensive or not is his choice I think. It's an original gift. And her birthdah. I'm sorry but you sound cheap.

• It would be a good fall gift

• If I were you I wouldn't buy some piece of clothes really; if it doesn't fit her or she doesn't like it (or how it fit her) that's a lot money for nothing

• Most stores are starting to get fall/winter in, so no I don't think it's necessarily a bad gift. Just make sure the relationship is something that you think will last, so that you don't potentially regret spending 500$ on a gift.

• No not for summer

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. It's a good gift.
    I usually buy off season products because of cheap prices and lack of rush.
    What happens if it's summer? There will always be a winter coming. Leather jackets last years. Try to buy the specific jacket she was talking about. And good luck with the size :)