When dying your hair, does it take longer for the color to adhere to the hair near your scalp or to the rest of it?

• It takes longer for the hair near my scalp to take in the color properly.
  • It takes longer for the rest of my hair to take in the color properly.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it takes faster to the hair at the root, you want to apply the colour an inch away from the root. Once you have the colour applied from the inch away from the root to the ends allow it to develop for 20 minutes then apply colour to roots and process for another 10 minutes. What colour are you dying your hair? And have you have coloured your hair before? Because it also depends on the colour and whether your hair is virgin or not. I'm a hairstylist I can help you figure out what you need to do.

• My hair right now is brown/reddish at the roots and a hairstylist kind of bleaches it ombre - so it's bleached at the bottom... I want to just dye my hair light brown/bronde and have a blonde balayage.
      I'll try to do it myself, but I think the color won't show up a lot... I dyed my hair just brown 10 days ago, but the bleached part still remained quite blonde... because I put color on it last, I think... Does bleached hair take longer to take in color?

What would you suggest I do?

• Oh, okay. Thank you. 😉

• No problem

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• near the scalp because it hasn't been around long enough to be damaged. the cuticle is as strong, intact and healthy as it gets.

• Normally always 3-4 shades darker at the fresh healthy roots.
    So depending what cour snd how much of a change you are making to your hair is 1 factor in time it takes
    Also how healthy your hsir root-end really is is another factor
    What brand and colour is another

• It will be far more vibrant at the roots generally, especially if you are dying on top of old dye. You should start at the roots though and then work down the hair, sectioning into four usually works well unless you have a lot of hair, then you may need assistance to ensure complete coverage.

• The rest of it. The new growth generally takes color really well because it's not trying to alter previously added pigment.

• When I dyed my hair purple my roots were soooo bright. Roots are new hairs so it's smooth, the rest of your hair is porus so it takes longer for the colour to penetrate.

• when dying your hair you are supposed to dye the roots last because the color absorbs faster near the scalp but when I use to be blonde I let a professional do it

• when I dye my hair red the color stay really fast in my scalp and it takes longer to the rest of the hair

• The rest of the hair for me. But my hair is dark so maybe that's why