Girls, do you think the shrinking coverage of bikini bottoms has gotten out of hand?

I feel like the trend in swimsuits toward less coverage of the butt has gone too far, what I call the "Brazilian Shift." So many swimsuits, especially the more stylish brands, have half coverage as standard now. I love to work out and keep myself in great shape, so I enjoy going to the beach and showing off my body. But even I don't totally like showing that much skin all the time, especially on a public beach. Do y'all feel like this trend has gone too far?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as we have options, I'm ok. I find it's hard to find a cute pair of shorts or a skirt/dress at Kohls in the teens section without it being up the ass :/ so, that trend has gotten out of control. I don't go bikini shopping much, so, I dunno if it's hard to find one that covers all the booty. But if it became hard to find one that wasn't up the booty, yea, it's gone too far.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I'm not going to say the trend has gone too far because it is up to the person wearing the bathing suit. I can't find any I really like so I make my own. I surely wouldn't wear any of the ones considered to be trendy even if I were 20 again I wouldn't. With the coverage of some of them why even bother putting a suit on just go nude?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's too far when part of your butt cheek is out. i mean even if you are in good shape, SOMETHING should be left to the imagination right?

0|0
    0|0
  • no. people can wear what they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is not a new phenomenon.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah, I was wondering if companies would run out of business soon since the clothes are only getting shorter every year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there are lots of very sexy swimwear! people who know me know I base myself on this industry so most know where I stand

0|0
    0|0
  • i think people can wear what they want. if they feel comfortable then yeah tbey should wear whatever they want. i know this doesn't really realte to this question (well kinda) but im just annoyed at the fact that men can post selfies without a shirt and be called "hot " and "sexy" while a woman gets slur shamed :( #rant

0|0
    0|0
  • the smaller the better

0|1
    0|0
  • hmmm haven't noticed this trend yet

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like seeing ass cheeks. 😑

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it has gone way too far and that women are becoming more and more trashy
    What happened to class and self respect

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the trend has gone too far. I feel very uncomfortable wearing a bikini. So i dont. I wear shorts and a sports bra.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES! They seriously have though!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I like it😊 Unless fat people start wearing them then🙅🏼

0|1
    5|0
  • My mans like it

0|0
    0|0
    • Well yeah, but they'd prefer naked. I have no issue with showing off. The problem is who's watching. I don't necessarily like wearing those kinds of suits on public beaches with all the creepers at those places.

• You're right, he does wanna see me naked

• String bikinis around a lot of children at a Waterpark is ridiculous. At a beach? No. Cheeky ones are fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, t's ridiculous!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've noticed it but also now hipster and high waisted bikinis are on fashion as well as one piece ones, and those tend to cover a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I mean no is forcing them to wear it. I certainly don't and never will.

0|0
    0|0