Girls, do you think the shrinking coverage of bikini bottoms has gotten out of hand?

I feel like the trend in swimsuits toward less coverage of the butt has gone too far, what I call the "Brazilian Shift." So many swimsuits, especially the more stylish brands, have half coverage as standard now. I love to work out and keep myself in great shape, so I enjoy going to the beach and showing off my body. But even I don't totally like showing that much skin all the time, especially on a public beach. Do y'all feel like this trend has gone too far?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as we have options, I'm ok. I find it's hard to find a cute pair of shorts or a skirt/dress at Kohls in the teens section without it being up the ass :/ so, that trend has gotten out of control. I don't go bikini shopping much, so, I dunno if it's hard to find one that covers all the booty. But if it became hard to find one that wasn't up the booty, yea, it's gone too far.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm not going to say the trend has gone too far because it is up to the person wearing the bathing suit. I can't find any I really like so I make my own. I surely wouldn't wear any of the ones considered to be trendy even if I were 20 again I wouldn't. With the coverage of some of them why even bother putting a suit on just go nude?

• It's too far when part of your butt cheek is out. i mean even if you are in good shape, SOMETHING should be left to the imagination right?

• no. people can wear what they want.

• This is not a new phenomenon.

• Yeah, I was wondering if companies would run out of business soon since the clothes are only getting shorter every year.

• I think there are lots of very sexy swimwear! people who know me know I base myself on this industry so most know where I stand

• i think people can wear what they want. if they feel comfortable then yeah tbey should wear whatever they want. i know this doesn't really realte to this question (well kinda) but im just annoyed at the fact that men can post selfies without a shirt and be called "hot " and "sexy" while a woman gets slur shamed :( #rant

• the smaller the better

• hmmm haven't noticed this trend yet

• I don't like seeing ass cheeks. 😑

• I think it has gone way too far and that women are becoming more and more trashy
    What happened to class and self respect

• I think the trend has gone too far. I feel very uncomfortable wearing a bikini. So i dont. I wear shorts and a sports bra.

• YES! They seriously have though!

• Nah, I like it😊 Unless fat people start wearing them then🙅🏼

• My mans like it

• Well yeah, but they'd prefer naked. I have no issue with showing off. The problem is who's watching. I don't necessarily like wearing those kinds of suits on public beaches with all the creepers at those places.

• You're right, he does wanna see me naked

• String bikinis around a lot of children at a Waterpark is ridiculous. At a beach? No. Cheeky ones are fine.

• Yeah, t's ridiculous!

• Yeah I've noticed it but also now hipster and high waisted bikinis are on fashion as well as one piece ones, and those tend to cover a lot

• Not really. I mean no is forcing them to wear it. I certainly don't and never will.