If you were to have a baby girl, would you get her ears pierced?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's silly to jam accessories into plucked holes of infants who can't even speak yet just to enforce a sense of gender normativity on them when they don't even know what that means.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, so I was 16 when I got my ears pierced. I waited so long to get them done, mainly because I'm a huge chicken. So I would have prefered if my parents had done it when I was a baby. That way it's out of the way and I wouldn't remember the pain.

But it's up to the parents ultimately. I totally get a parent's reasoning to not get it done and prefer the child to make their own choice.

What Guys Said 20

• No, I would let her make that choice for herself when she got older.

• Absolutely not. That's sick. It shouldn't even be legal.

• I would wait till she was older and could decide for herself.

• NNNnnope

• I wouldn't. It would be her choice.

• I'm hoping to have at least two daughters in the future. Yes, if I was to have a couple of daughters, they can get their ears pierced.

• Why? If she wanted to get her ears pierced when she got older I wouldn't care, but putting jewlery on a baby seems stupid.

• Not right when she born. But if she wants them, sure she can go get them.

Are you asking this because you think it would hurt after she is not a baby?

• My parents pierced mine but I don't want them :(

• do have a daughter and yes we did pierce her ears

• No xD but my parents pierced mine when I was about 2

• No. She can decide that herself once she's old enough

• no, if she wants them pierced she can do it latter in life

• No, kids aren't dolls for you to hurt for aesthetic purposes. It should be their decision if they want their ears priced.

• no, she can decide to do that when she is older. i would not want to violate her bodily integrity.

• no i wouldn't... im not having kids, but if i were to have kids and it came out a girl, that would be a failure

• No - at least not until she's old enough.

• pfft no way

• I wouldn't do anything permanent to her that she didn't request, and was within reason.

• Not until she was old enough to ask for it herself.

• not really.

• As a baby, no

What Girls Said 36

• No, I think it's pretty awful when people do that to a baby. I had my ears pierced when I was pretty young, not too young, like 6 - 7 and I regret it so I'd want my kid to wait before they got that.

• No. I would allow her to make that decision for herself when she's old enough.

• yes.

• No, that's her choice when she's of age.

• My little girl is three and she's not getting her ears pierced anytime soon.
    If she starts mithering for it when she's a bit older then yes she can, but not this side of 6.

• No, I wouldn't.

I personally think it is the parents choice in whether they can get there child's ears pierced but what you have to remember is if the child doesn't like it when they grow up they won't wear them and it will heal over sorted.

• You're still harming a baby, you might not be able to remember the pain but that doesn't help the child that feels it when it's happening. Also how can you tell a baby to be careful and not get them stuck on blankets and toys?

• I don't even have my own ears pierced, and never have, so no. I would let her decide when she gets older. I wouldn't be putting earrings on her so they would just close back up anyway.

• No! I think it's disgusting when people do that. Whenever I see a baby with pierced ears I immediately assume the parents are irresponsible assholes.

• No, I wouldn't. I would let her make that choice and I wouldn't want to see her in pain.

• I got my ears pierced when I was 2 and Iv forever loved wearing earings so I would definantly have my daughter get them at a young age

• Why do you assume she'll also love earrings, though? There is no guarantee.

• If she really hates them later on she can just take them out and have the hole grow in. This is my personal opinion and I acknowledge that there r other opinions and respect that but this is just how I feel

• No way O_o I'd leave the decision whether she wants to get her ears pierced up to her when she gets older. A baby can't make that decision.

• Yes, I've had mine pierced as a baby. I grew up with earrings and I'm happy I have them.

• Of course!! Eventually 😛👽👍🏻!!!

• Yes, I would have them pierced.

• No, I'd let my child decide later on.

• Never thought about it. My parents got mine pierced when I was about 1 so I don't remember it... it would have to be discussed with my s/o when the time comes I guess

• Absolutely not. If she's interested, I might let her get her ears pierced when she is eleven or twelve.

• I'll let her decide if she wants it, same goes for a boy.

• Yes i got mine done when i was very young, dont even remember it :)

• Yeah I probably would

• No, I want to give her the opportunity to decide for herself.

• I wouldn't let her unless she asked.

• probably not but I am glad that my parents did because now I have more 5 piercings lol

• Yes like I did

• My sister had her ears pierced at 5 months. Nothing went wrong, my parents went to a professional of course.
    I could have gotten my ears pierced that young also, but I was born 2 months early so my mom wanted to be safe so she waited until I was six years old to pierce my ears (plus I begged her).
    I don't see anything wrong with piercing a baby's ear. Most of my friends had their ears pierced before they were two years old.

• Yes, I would.

• Not until she is 13, whixh is when I was allowed.

• I had my daughters ears pierced at 11 months and it was a great decision. I'd definitely do it again. She only cried for like 20 seconds.

• I don't understand... how was it a great decision? Why do it?

• @Zendrya because I had terrible memories of getting mine done. My parents made me wait until I was 12 but I wanted them way sooner. And honestly people are way too high strung on this issue. If she doesn't like them she can take them out. The hole is barely visible. She's almost 11 now and loves them ftr.

• Hell no. Wtf? Why would anyone hurt a baby?

• I never understand why a parent would do that

• More from Girls
    6