Would you make your children have braces, for no reason other than "perfecting" their smile?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• I would make them wear braces to correct the problems with the way their teeth are growing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I chose to have braces even though my dentist told me I didn't need them. Of course, when I went to the orthodontist, he found something wrong with them. My parents never asked if I wanted braces, and let me make the decision. I wanted to make sure I didn't need them rather than finding out I needed them when I was 30+ like a few of my teachers. We just think it's embarrassing having them in school, it's worse when you're middle aged.
    As a parent, I would. Even if it was just for looks. It would boost their self esteem and yes, a pretty smile will get you further in life.

What Guys Said 3

• Their health.

• Yes, a confident smile can take you farther than a million dollars could.

• If they had enough of the minerals that teeth needed, they probably wouldn't even need braces.

What Girls Said 7

• If I had kids they'd def end up with braces thanks to genes. I know from experience it's easier to get it done when they're younger than when they're older.

• I can tell you as you get older if your teeth are even slightly crooked you will be embarrassed to laugh or smile. So yes, and she can get as mad as she wants because this is one case of mom DOES know best.

• If the dentist said they need them then yes.

• A teenage girl of my acquaintance fell out of her push-chair when she was about three years old. The fall damaged her teeth. Although I couldn't see the damage, her dentist always noticed it immediately. The problem was corrected with braces, but it took two years and repeated examinations. She is very happy that she had treatment, so I suppose it was the right thing to do.

• Yes, but I'm more likely to get them invisaline. A mouth full of metal sucks.

• Without a doubt. Pretty teeth are important.

• If the dentist recommended it then yes I would.