Does men have the right to tell their women what to wear?

My husband's really angry and complaining about me wearing tight clothes and it piss him off because i'm 8 months pregnant but i guess it's not really that bad. It might look very tight but i feel comfortable wearing it and that helped me to not gain weight. it's not like what he thinks and now he's forcing me to wear what he want because he thinks it's the best for me and the baby that way but i'm not comfortable with that at all.
Girls & guys your opinions please.

• Yes they have the right
  • No they don't have the right
  • They should choose together

Most Helpful Girl

• he's just worried that it might cause discomfort to you and your baby. My husband is like that too, but he doesn't mind what i wear and doesn't tell me to. But you should talk to him about it, communication is key.

What Guys Said 17

• Nope. I like the way she dresses anyways

• no, if you are telling other people what to do without these people asking you to do so in the first place you are always wrong.

• oh absolutely yes. women should always do what men say

i hope you see my sarcasm here

• no, they do not

• No..

• In a relationship, nobody should have any right on anyone. I mean, isn't a relationship supposed to symbolize harmony between 2 persons?

• I think he has a right to voice his concerns but you aren't obligated to follow through with them.

• Depends what country you are from :)

• Can you explain more? 😮

• I think you should explain to your husband that you are his partner, not his property... tell him that you will let him dress you if he lets you dress him, and then make him wear something he's uncomfortable in... maybe he'll get the point then.

• Be a good wife and do as you're told.

• Hell no! But since i'm really not in the mood for fights and i'm really really tired i will just listen to him to end this.

• When the woman is carrying his baby, he has a say.

• but she knows what's the best for her because she's the one wearing it not him.

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. On man.. I'm dying here!!!

• My wife doesn't dress inappropriately in my opinion but if she did I would tell her. If she ignores me I would need to consider whether she is worth putting up with.

You have a choice, so does your husband.

• of course we have the right to tell you what to wear. however women have the right not to listen.

• Your gorgeous

• you're both married

decide together

• No wife of mine is going to be caught wearing pants above her knees, or wearing tight clothing, or revealing clothing, everything must be covered and if you dont like it, too bad im done with you.

• all about compromise

What Girls Said 15

• Your partner certainly has the right to suggest clothing for you and make their feelings about your clothing known but they do not have the right to actually control what you wear, no.

• I mean if it is outrageously skimpy ya maybe they can be like that looks like lingerie could you please reconsider as that doesn't make me comfortable. But they can't tell you what to where. They can tell you their opinion but it is up to you whether or not you wear it or not afterwards

• My mom always told me that my husband should choose my clothes for me, as long as he likes what I wear he won't comment.

But if the clothes are revealing and you're prego, its not appealing.

But nationality also matters for the guy, if he's middle eastern he won't like it.

• Your husband should choose your clothes for you? Trust me it's really annoying or maybe it's just me.

• Thats what she thinks, but I dont care either. I wear what i want myself. And its not just you.

• You're right in this.

• A man can't *force* a woman to dress a certain way and I don't think it's right for him to get angry and put her down for her clothing choices either. However, I do think a man has the right to respectfully tell his girlfriend or wife how he feels about her outfits and then it's up to the woman to choose what to do about it. I think it would be nice to compromise with him but if you are more comfortable wearing certain clothes then that's your choice and he'll just have to deal with it.

• I'd understand if I was very revealing clothes and my partner didn't like it; then I'd get it but if you are pregnant and your clothes are just more tight then it's rather silly to me. It should be reasonable.

• They don't have the right to but I'd listen to his opinion.

• They can make suggestions about what they would like, but its up to the female to make the final decision. This is the 21st century. We are not into female slavery anymore.

• Hell no that's so controlling.

• Yeah and it's annoying

• no

filler

• They can suggest, but not obligate.

• Sure they can have input

• I think that it's absolutely ridiculous that your husband doesn't want you to wear what's comfortable!!

• Fuck him, if he can't deal with your wardrobe then tell him to sleep on the couch till he straightens up.

• No, I dress the way I want to dress. You're not happy? The door's right there ======>

• I would seriously tell them to fuck off