What was your first tattoo?

I just got my first, a celtic yin yang (would post a picture but I am very sore and wrapped in glad wrap)

what was your first?
if you dont have one, what will be your first?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• I have none yet. But I always wanted to get a girl's name tatted on me. Maybe that can be my first or even a super hero logo like superman or batman or something like that.

• I wouldn't reccomend getting someones name on you. Its a common way of regretting a tat.

And there's this stigma around it that the moment you get their name or a couple tattoo, that you will start having problems and breakup.

Id go with the Superman or Batman idea over the girls name.

• Ok sounds good. Good tips.

• She is right. Bad luck for relationship.

• I would like a Chinese tattoo on my back
    g02.a.alicdn.com/.../...nt-Sticker-Large-Henna.jpg

• My first was a Harley bar and shield with flames. Have had 10 more since then, right arm almost sleeved

• My first tattoo is going to be a copy of my sisters tattoo. She passed away when I was 13, and she had a simple tattoo of a flower. I want the same exact tattoo but I can't find a picture of it. I know what it looks like from memory though but i asked my mom and she said she remembers it a different way than I do. So i want a picture of it just to be sure

• Thats sweet.
      I hope you find a picture of it, would hate for you to get it then find out it was done wrong.
      Good luck!

• Never really saw the point, most people put something on their skin that really means something only to them and no one else really cares haha. If I got something it would likely be stupid and I'd rather not buy laser surgery haha.

• You gotta put a lot of thought into your tat. Thats a fair amount of pain for something permanent, why would anyone get something that wasn't meaningful to them?

I dont care what anyone thinks of my tat (though I am stoked the other tatooist said it was the most beautiful Yin Yang hed ever seen) its meaning has to do with me, not them and their opinion of it doesn't diminish that.

• Neither does my dad (which is why he is never finding out about mine haha) but I see it as a commitment.

Its commiting to the belief or memory or meaning that your tattoo represents, mine has multiple meanings, it represents my fear of cycles (everything bad will happen again) but it also shows how everything is balanced. I will hit rough times, but there will always be enough good to balance it out, even if I take that for granted.

there's a whole lot more to it, but itll take too long to go through it all and it is personal.

I see it as my dedication to the meanings and ideals that I have put behind the design.

My dads way of thinking about it is just print the design out and stick it beside your bed, but that just defeats a lot of the purpose in my opinion.

• Hahahaha I think your dad and I would agree, anyway as long as you're happy with it!

• Don't have one. But I'd want to get a "1995" at some point.

• I don't have one but I have been thinking of getting one. "Strength & Patience" on the small of my neck.

• I was 16 and got drunk and got baphomet on my left shoulder hahaha

• Don't have any :D.

• I don't have one but I want to get a tattoo of my whole body, but a couple of inches taller...

• You want a tattoo of yourself?

• Oh definitely... what better tattoo to get than one of yourself? You have to live with yourself your whole life anyway...

• Got none.

But I know a pimp with a dragon tattoo on his back.

I can whoop his ass, though, but please don't tell him!

• Never getting one

• Don't have any

• It was a swastika. Yeah, I had some rough teen years.

• I don't like tattoos. I don't have any, and won't get any.

• Metallica star

What Girls Said 19

• my first was a semi colon on the dip of my collarbone. I also have I love you in sign language on my left wrist. I have like 5 more planned :p

• I don't have one, and I don't see myself getting one. It doesn't help that I'm afraid of needles, haha. Some tattoos can look pretty cool, though.

• Koi fish, I feel indifferent!

• I don't have one. I don't think I'd get one either. If I had to choose one, I would get my name in Khmer on the back of my neck

• A phrase:

"Eyes like a shutter, mind like a lens" because I'm into photography.

That was 6 years ago, and it's been about 1 year since I got my 8th tattoo. Probably due for another one.

• my first tattoo was a black widow on chest... haha

• I don't have one and I can't see myself getting one.

• Back in the mid 90s I got a butterfly on my lower back. Yep... the ole "bang mark". Its ok but these days it's kinda made fun of to have a tat there. Oh well!
    That's all I got...

• I don't know, I want a tattoo of a skull with roses in the mouth but also this alien head. I keep going back and forth and I just want to make sure

• I don't have one.
    Not sure if I'll ever get one.

• My name. It's shitty and going to be covered very soon.

• I only have one, a heart on my inner panty line, where only my husband and gynecologist can see lol

• Are they the same person?

• @BaileyisDarcy it's a little larger than a silver dollar. My panties cover it up so you only can see it when I'm naked. Hence the reason my husband and gynecologist are the only ones witnessing it. I've thought of getting it removed but he really does think it's sexy so I'll keep it... For now anyway lol

• I dont know how big a silver dollar is, but I would assume no larger than a fifty cent coin. (One reason why I hate differences in currency)

Maybe you'll grow to like it.

Positive thinking.

Me though, I just got a giant tattoo on my hip and forgot to tell my boyfriend I was planning to.
      Hehe... I am a shit girlfriend XD

• My first was a four leaf clover on the back of my ear.

• i want some chinese message or some shit like that, like courage or something (like what Emily got in pretty little liars lmao)

• my first will be an owl

• Don't have one and won't get one

• Mine was a sunflower on my hip when I was 18

• "lips so french ass so spanish" on my cheek butt lmao I'm not proud of it tho! lol

• I don't do real tattoos, I do henna - and do my own! My first one was by someone else and I can't remember what it looked like but it was on the back of my hand. Some flower design I think.