Switching from Tea tree oil to Benzoyl Peroxide, any side effects?

I'm thinking of switching from Tea Tree Oil to Benzoyl Peroxide just because how slow Tea Tree Oil is working for me. It's too slow for me. Will there be any problem if I switch? Also, how many times a day do I apply Benzoyl? I currently apply Tea Tree Oil twice a day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it right after, your skin will become irritated. Wait at least a week to try benzoyl peroxide. Trust me! My skin inflamed so many times when I've tried different products the next day.

But twice a day should be fine. Or read what the directions say. But WAIT A WEEK.

• I need to get rid of an acne in 4-5 days because I have a date next week so I can't wait a week. I researched online and benzoyl seems to be the most effective. But because I'm using tea tree oil at the moment, will it cause problem if I switch?

• Why would it inflame? Is there any ingredient in tea tree oil that reacts negatively with benzoyl? What if I wait a day or two?

• No, your skins natural reaction would be to "panic" since you'll be using a different product. Wait a day then.

What Girls Said 1

• If you use Benzoyl use a low strength, once a day; and you'll need to moisturize (oil free, but still you'll really need it) because Benzoyl Peroxide is so, so drying. Honestly I'd recommend skipping it and trying Freederm products instead

• I can try Freederm after a few days but right now I need to get rid of an acne because I have a date next week. I researched online and benzoyl seems to be the most effective. But because I'm using tea tree oil at the moment, will it cause problem if I switch?

What Guys Said 0