Should a 13 year old be allowed to wear a crop top?

So I'm 13 (ik my account says I'm 15 but I assure u I'm 13) and crop tops help me with self esteem issues. I've had less body issues since I started wearing crop tops. Usually if I wear high waisted shorts with a crop top so my stomach barely shows my school has no problem with it. I obviously don't wear crop tops for formal occasions like church and such. The only thing I hate about it is that it gives people the interpretation that I'm a slut. But whatever. I mean it's legal.

Lol my mom is pretty cool she says "wear what you want as long as it doesn't reveal your private parts I'm ok with it." She thinks I look good in what I wear. (And obviously it's not just crop tops)

Most Helpful Guy

• I going to assume a crop top gives you a similar feeling to when I put on a freshly pressed suit. it feels good to wear well tailored clothes. doing so raises my confidence a bit.

is it a remedy for low self esteem? no... as long as you're not treating crop tops as the answer to whatever issues you have, don't worry about it; you're fine.

What Guys Said 13

• Why the fuck base your self esteem on a piece of clothing.

• Cuz I spent my whole life trying to hide my body and now that I'm not I feel better about myself.

• It going to give people the interpretation that you are a slut because sluts wear revealing clothing.

• I dont know, if you go to the beach and wear a bikini you aren't really a slut are you?
    It all depends on what your body language shows and the way u act or speak. So yeah thats it, hope it helped👌🏼😘

• Oh my God thank you I've been waiting for someone to say this. I was thinking the exact same thing no joke ✌🏻️❤️

• Probably 😂💁 thanks m8 😊

• Sure👍🏼glad i helped😙

• so if i walk around naked my insecurities go away?

• Probably you should try it sometime

• maybe i will. and i think that people are wrong to think that you are a slut for the clothes that you wear and yes it should remain legal.

• This reminds of the South Park episode with James Cameron. He has to raise the bar of society because standards are too low and trashy. I wonder how life will be in 10 years. Will being pregnant in middle school be the new thing instead of getting pregnant in high school? Lmao

• You aren't sexually active, but the wrong guys will think you are. And guys like me will assume that a girl that reveals a lot almost every day will be sexually active and we'll stay away. You put out the message that you want sex but you really don't. you will get the attention you want from the wrong guys.

• Well I agree with that. If that were to happen I gues I would just set the record straight.

• It depends.

• HELL NO

• Nope, no problem from my perspective

• I think there ok plus I love when a girls belly shows I get nice and hard and makes me want to masturbate

• what do your parents say about it

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• Wow. Okay. First of all you need to talk to your parents about these "body issues" and get that resolved. And then who cares what you wear?

Do you like it? Do your parents allow it? Is it breaking school dress code? No? Then you're fine. People are going to call you a slut no matter what you do. That's life rn. Just ignore them.

• Im sorry but where is your mother in all this? what is her opinion? I wasn't allowed to wear crop tops when I was your age at (13). Im still not allowed :-p hahaha my mom has a fit if I wear a tank top!

If wearing clothes is the only way to raise up your self esteem, then I suggest you find a better way to make people like you.

• Be allowed? Like legal? Yes.

Will my 13 yr old wear a crop top? Absolutely not.

• At your age, it would only be appropriate for the beach, or if you wear some high waisted pants/shorts that end up covering what your top is revealing.

• It shouldn't be a problem as long as whatever titties you have aren't hanging out.
    Wear what you want girl. Love yourself. 💜

• No I don't think so.

• I'm not exactly sure what you mean by crop tops helping you become more confident with your body. If you mean you like them because they look good on you and complement your body then, to answer your question, of course!
    I don't see why a 13-year-old shouldn't be allowed to wear a crop top. No, it's not slutty, unless you pair it with shorts that reveal half your booty. You can definitely wear a crop top and still look modest and classy! For example, with a gorgeous, long flowing skirt, or high waisted shorts like you mentioned.

Your mum is awesome by the way. Mine used to tell me the same thing, and I also wore crop tops at your age. She also told me that I should wear whatever I want while I still have a youthful body (obviously she wouldn't want me going out wearing almost nothing haha, but you know what I mean), because as you get older, you might not be able to pull off a crop top or skinny jeans so well. As long as your school's dress code allows it then yes, go for it! :)

• No. That is not allowed in my house hold.

• If your school and parents are OK with it then go for it. You are allowed lol I see preteens with shirts like this all the time.

• I did when 13 during summer on the surf coast, mostly at my parents summer vacation home but NEVER at school, even on mufti days.

If u can handle peoples reaction and don't look trashy, go for it :)

• I wasn't allowed to wear cropped tops until recently when I turned 16.
    Ask your parents about it first.

• I've bee wearing crop tops since I was seven so yes I don't care what society has to say I wear what I want and if u have a problem look the other direction. I've never had self esteem issues or body image issues I've always been beautiful. You just gotta feel the same. Fuck other peoples opinions because mine is the only one that matters. Have a nice day!

• It's just a top.

• If you like it, wear it.

• Lol why not

• If I was a mother I wouldn't advice my 13 year old daughter to wear a crop top. I'd recommend her to wear a different piece of clothing -which can be also flattering- instead.
    But if your mother says it's okay, who am I to disagree?

• You can where whatever you want as long as it's legal.

• Nope.