Is it rude to ask for a specific lady at the nail salon?

The last time I got my nails done I didn't like the way one (new) lady did my nails she didn't get the cuticles lookin smooth and nail shape right. Today I different girl was doing my toes, I asked her if she could do my nails too and she said the other (new) lady was going to do them while I got my pedicure, I said "could you do them for me? I like the way you do them or ____(other girl I like too)" then she told the new lady in their language I'm assuming that she doesn't have to do mine. I guess I just get super anxious and wonder if she got offended or I being rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's okay to request someone to do them. As long as you are phrasing it as "I would like YOU to do my nails please" as opposed to "I just don't want HER to do them," then you're fine. You're complimenting the lady by requesting that she do your nails.
    In the future, maybe when you call to make and appointment ask if you can make an appointment with the one you like!

What Guys Said 1

• No of course not. Its common

What Girls Said 2

• No, I always insist on having the same nail technician.
    Mind you, I do book in advance to make absolutely sure.

• Totally fine in my opinion! As long as you aren't rude about it, I used to work in a salon and sometimes people would specifically ask for me, others would want another certain stylist. It's all good, and that's how it is in that kind of job.