Is the beauty blender worth the price?

or is it just another sponge?

i understand that you use it damp and stipple but i already do that with my sponges and i've been told that my application is good by a few makeup artists.

a friend who works at mac swears by it and says she uses it to apply powder too.

also, how much did you pay for yours?
i've heard there are a lot of fakes on amazon.

http://a0.bb-cdn.com/assets/productimages/medium/bebl0001f_2_m.jpg?version=148

• i have tried it and it's so much better than any other foundation sponge or brush
  • i have tried it and didn't repurchase because i was disappointed
  • i want to try it
  • i am a man and my curiosity got the best of me
  • i am a man and i am insulted by the above option o (`ω´ ) o i am a huge fan of the beauty blender !

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I had to vote D Coco... but you know what?
    If those make-up artists tell you that you're doing a good job, don't change a thing!
    I think this egg of Columbus is a great marketing job... make people believe they need it is the trick (I'm a marketeer though I work in finance now). Don't let them have you Coco, outsmart the marketeers :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I LOVEEEEE the beauty blender!! I dont want to sound like a maniac, but honestly it was the BEST investment I've ever put my money towards. I have all colors, I got greedy because they last like 5 months or so. I wash it after each use though, but its BETTER than brushes or your fingers. When you use it, it looks like your face has been airbrushed and your makeup stays on.

But I dont trust Amazon, so I would not purchase it from them.

Mine was $20, at least thats how much they were when I bought them. I dont know if they upped the price. I got it from Sephora, thats the original seller.

I've tried a drugstore brand and BELIEVE ME, its absolutely not the same. Drugstore is more rubbery and heavier. While the BeautyBlender is softer and lighter.

• have you tried regular foundation sponges? flat ones

• thank you (*^^*)
      i still don't know how to apply highlighter properly let alone contour. i try to watch tutorials

• hah I dont either, apply it however way you can. It should go on your cheekbones, tip of the nose, some girls put it where the eyes are in the front (idk what its called :-p ).

What Guys Said 2

• It's a sponge? I dunno I have a feeling you can accomplish the same task, it's a slightly different tool. But I don't even know wtf any of this is.

• well you could have posted the price, if your question is "if it´s worth the price" xD...

it costs like 20 bucks on my amazon... 20 bucks for a sponge? fuck no!

What Girls Said 12

• I have one and I love it! Admittedly though, I have not tried other sponges but I like this better than any foundation brush I've tried. I can't remember how much I paid for mine but I bought it at Sephora. If you already have sponges though and are satisfied with them, then you probably don't really need to buy this. I just bought it to try because I wanted something different from the brushes I had.

• I haven't tried it. To be honest, I don't spend that that much on tools (I'd rather buy an expensive palette)-so, I dunno if a 20 brush or sponge is better than a 6 dollar one. However, I'd heard SO many youtubers say the beauty blender really is worth it because it doesn't absorb so much product and your foundation looks more natural. If you have the money to splurge on it, do it, :)
    I definitely want to try it! :)

• I have no option on the poll for me... I haven't tried it and don't want to - it's a sponge - that collects so much filth in it - some of which you can never wash off - and who wants that on their face? Really?

+ it soaks up most of the foundation you put on - so a waste of more money in the long run

I advise - don't do it.

• i've heard some say it doesn't absorb but others say it does. confused

• i see hmm i think i'll avoid it too
      kinda concerned about the reviews saying they discovered mold growing inside even though they had followed washing instructions to a T and dried carefully

• O. o Man... that sounds terrible!
      Yeah, I'd avoid it too. xD

• I definitely want to buy the beauty blender. I have a heard good reviews about it. I like how it has two sides, I can use it to blend two separate makeup products, unlike a brush. I'd try the Artis makeup brush set any day over the beauty blender, though, if it weren't that expensive lol.

• I want to try it
    Right now I have an off brand makeup sponge, but i do need a new one cuz its time lol
    I'm sure its as good as people say.

• never used it tbh

• Nah, I doubt that.

• i have one, it blends properly. i *hate* the knockoffs, they're stiff and don't blend anything.

• I bought it for around 10 dollars.. I really do like it. For me it makes the application easier and look much better. Plus it has lasted me over a year

• Mine is purple and I love it. It was a couple of dollars.

• If you don't want full coverage I recommend it (I guess you could do full coverage but I haven't tried). It really gives your skin a natural glow and a skin-ey look to it.

• I really want to buy one. My friend bought one for her sister and apparently it's amazing.